Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyred View Post
    Hi everyone! I am 1 week post op and feeling pretty good. Surgery went well. I had a bit of a problem with vomiting the first couple days, but that is definitely better. Now I am working on getting my protein and 64 oz of fluid in. I do well on the fluid not so well on the protein. Having trouble with my multi vitamin cause it taste so nasty.. Any input on that would be great!
    Glad you're doing well and getting better every day. I used ProCare Health multivitamins online, they were very small, chewable, and just one a day. For my calcium citrate I liked Building Blocks, also online, the orange chewable ones.

My advice for now is to nap all you can. I slept so much that first week. When you're not sleeping you'll be sipping and walking a little. Good luck, it's so much fun!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

I wasn't allowed to start my multivitamins until 3 weeks after surgery. I found out pretty quickly that I couldn't (an still can't) take them on an empty stomach. These days I have them with my protein shake in the mornings and all is good. I use a Clinicians multi vitamin and mineral supplement (my surgeon recommended these) - it is in capsule form. The first lot I tried (specific bariatric chewable ones) were horrible and I wasted money as I had bought them in bulk. Perhaps try a couple of different types to find one that suits?

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    12-24-2019 10:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 192 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyred View Post
    Hi everyone! I am 1 week post op and feeling pretty good. Surgery went well. I had a bit of a problem with vomiting the first couple days, but that is definitely better. Now I am working on getting my protein and 64 oz of fluid in. I do well on the fluid not so well on the protein. Having trouble with my multi vitamin cause it taste so nasty.. Any input on that would be great!
    I am so glad your surgeon went will! I was already taking a certain kind of multi-vitamin pre-surgery but have changed twice since. I don't like the ones I got last week so I will be changing them again. I tried Walmart brand adult gummies the other day and they aren't too bad. I'll be changing to them this Friday. You will just have to try different kinds and see what you can tolerate. I recommend buying the smallest bottles to try until you find the one you'll use for a long time.

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 months post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 months post op 171 -84 lbs (4/11/19) (at home)
    9 months post op 150 -105 lbs (7/11/19) (at home) *GOAL*
    1 year post op - maintained at 150

7. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by EllisM80 View Post
    I am so glad your surgeon went will! I was already taking a certain kind of multi-vitamin pre-surgery but have changed twice since. I don't like the ones I got last week so I will be changing them again. I tried Walmart brand adult gummies the other day and they aren't too bad. I'll be changing to them this Friday. You will just have to try different kinds and see what you can tolerate. I recommend buying the smallest bottles to try until you find the one you'll use for a long time.
    My nutritionist freaked when I told her that after years I had switched from bariatric multivitamins to Walmart ones. She said we need the bariatric ones for our lifetime, as they have nutrients the others don't have. I switched back. I can't even remember what specifically the generic ones didn't have, but when I checked, she was right. Iron maybe?

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    12-24-2019 10:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 192 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    My nutritionist freaked when I told her that after years I had switched from bariatric multivitamins to Walmart ones. She said we need the bariatric ones for our lifetime, as they have nutrients the others don't have. I switched back. I can't even remember what specifically the generic ones didn't have, but when I checked, she was right. Iron maybe?
    I've tried comparing... it's so difficult without writing it all down. Some of them have more of one that we need, less of the other and a perfect amount of something else. It's crazy.

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 months post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 months post op 171 -84 lbs (4/11/19) (at home)
    9 months post op 150 -105 lbs (7/11/19) (at home) *GOAL*
    1 year post op - maintained at 150

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents