Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Default Re: Complications .X3

Quote Originally Posted by EllisM80 View Post
    Omgoodness, no, don't apologize. I am a little worried but it's nice to know that I can ask you questions if I need to. Did you HAVE TO have the revision? What is a revision exactly? If they ever say I had to, should I say no? I mean, seeing how I've already had the sleeve. I did 10 months of research before my surgery and everything I've found, good stories/bad stories/medical facts/history, etc., I never seen anything about not having the sleeve if you've had prior issues with acid reflux and hiatal hernias. I may have said this already but my surgeon had told me in April that it would be better for me to have the hernia removed a couple months before the sleeve so that I have a better chance at not getting another one. Obviously, I can't read everything there is to know about the types of surgeries in 10 months along with the pros and cons so I know my research wasn't in vain but could you tell me what symptoms I should look out for? You might definitely have to quote me in order to answer all my questions. Lol. Did you have any relapses after your surgery? I really truly believe that everything happens for a reason and I wonder if your reason is to be that source of information for those of us that don't know any better. You should document all this and put it on youtube. The least the doctors could do is make you aware of the risks of having a sleeve after acid reflux so that we can make an informed decision. And I am so sorry you have MS. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy... and I have a few. Lol. It's nice to know that i have a fellow warrior on this page. I'm so glad you are starting to see the light in the dark tunnel. We are praying for you, sending positive vibes & all that good stuff. Can't wait to see the post that you are home feeling your normal again!
    Hi Michelle, if you private message me ill give you my number. talking is easier than typing messages. I’m glad i can help anwser questions. The revision was turning my sleeve into a bypass, done 11-16-18. I did lots of research too never saw anything about not having a sleeve with my history, i even got cleared by my GI dr. I wished Id consultanted with our local bariatric clinic too and picked a mexico dr that did all forms of wt.loss surgeries.
    I think as long as your hernia wasn’t repaired with a nissan wrap. that should help keep pressure from building up. hopefully you won’t develop another hiatal hernia. just pay attention to your body. A year after the sleeve i developed nausea and vomiting,huge bloating from pressure building up. breathing problems and A-Fib issues. with original repair surgery A-Fib resolved. Hopefully you’ll continue to do well with your sleeve. biggest advice i can give is if something doesn’t feel right get checked out. don’t wait till you have a big problem. I didn’t have any problems with my ms. i’m on IV Tysabri which keeps MS quit. just have old symptoms. OT here will get back to you. Thank you for the prayers and happy to know another ms warrior too. Hope I anwered your questions. I wish you all the best and hope we can stay in touch. Your you-tube idea is a good one.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/02/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr Stephen Watson
    Said "Thanks" 205 Times
    Was Thanked 103 Times in 76 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 34 Times

Oh no! What a nightmare!

I can only hope for you and your family that you are soon home safely.

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    12-24-2019 10:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 192 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2 View Post
    Hi Michelle, if you private message me ill give you my number. talking is easier than typing messages. I’m glad i can help anwser questions. The revision was turning my sleeve into a bypass, done 11-16-18. I did lots of research too never saw anything about not having a sleeve with my history, i even got cleared by my GI dr. I wished Id consultanted with our local bariatric clinic too and picked a mexico dr that did all forms of wt.loss surgeries.
    I think as long as your hernia wasn’t repaired with a nissan wrap. that should help keep pressure from building up. hopefully you won’t develop another hiatal hernia. just pay attention to your body. A year after the sleeve i developed nausea and vomiting,huge bloating from pressure building up. breathing problems and A-Fib issues. with original repair surgery A-Fib resolved. Hopefully you’ll continue to do well with your sleeve. biggest advice i can give is if something doesn’t feel right get checked out. don’t wait till you have a big problem. I didn’t have any problems with my ms. i’m on IV Tysabri which keeps MS quit. just have old symptoms. OT here will get back to you. Thank you for the prayers and happy to know another ms warrior too. Hope I anwered your questions. I wish you all the best and hope we can stay in touch. Your you-tube idea is a good one.
    Sending you a private message now...

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 months post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 months post op 171 -84 lbs (4/11/19) (at home)
    9 months post op 150 -105 lbs (7/11/19) (at home) *GOAL*
    1 year post op - maintained at 150

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times

Thank you Denzel, I finally got to go home Thursday. I have another surgery in January. So happy I got to go home for the holidays.
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2 View Post
    Thank you Denzel, I finally got to go home Thursday. I have another surgery in January. So happy I got to go home for the holidays.
    So happy you are home for the holidays! Hope you're feeling better and can enjoy some time with family. Let them spoil you this year.

8. Said thanks:

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    So happy you are home for the holidays! Hope you're feeling better and can enjoy some time with family. Let them spoil you this year.
    Thank you Sraebaer, I ended back in the hospital for a couple days to fix my G-Tube. Back home again. The family will be gathering at our house on Christmas Day. I will let them spoil me this year Happy Holidays to you and your family.