Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    06-07-2020 12:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Trying to decide between dr Ortiz ALM and dr almanza $1000 difference

So I will be booking soon but cannot decide between these two doctors. I have a better feel about dr O, but it will cost me about $1000 Canadian more...I know you are not supposed to decide by price, but if they offering similar experiences then I would go with Almnoza

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Craig
    Last Activity
    04-27-2022 11:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

Default Re: Trying to decide between dr Ortiz ALM and dr almanza $1000 difference

Hi Slebel!
    Honestly, you can't go wrong with either option. They are both great surgeons. I do work with Weight Loss Agents and Dr. Almanza, so feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to speak to some referral patients from your area who have had the procedure already. There are also a ton of threads here on GastricSleeve.com on both surgeons and patients here are always willing to offer support and answer questions. Which ever surgeon you choose, I'm sure you will have a great experience. Just continue to use the resources and support available to you and continue to ask questions. Feel free to reach out to me or WeightLossAgents anytime!

I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/21/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela
    Last Activity
    01-30-2019 10:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Re: Trying to decide between dr Ortiz ALM and dr almanza $1000 difference

I would NOT choose Dr Almanza (see below). I have done a ton of research, and immediately ruled him out. Dr Ortiz did not make my top 5, either.
    https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news...-be-nationwide
    I have narrowed it down to Dr Corvala (he's the best of the best, but pricey-$8000 I believe), Dr Louisiana Valenzuela (studied under Dr Corvala but is also close to $6000), Dr Rodriguez Lopez (works with Dr V but charges $1000 less than her), Dr Maytorena (I'm leaning towards.him, he charges $4000, has over 11 years of experience doing bariatric surgery, he was previously a trauma surgeon, and he has great reviews. Oasis of Hope Hospital also has very good reviews, which is where he does his surgeries). https://www.realself.com/find/Mexico...orge-Maytorena
    Surgery 12/21/18
    HW: 230 (BMI 38)
    5 weeks post-op: 198 (-32)
    GW: 140

Gastric Sleeve Member DisneyFan's Avatar
    Last Activity
    05-14-2019 10:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UIHCPNA View Post
    I would NOT choose Dr Almanza (see below). I have done a ton of research, and immediately ruled him out. Dr Ortiz did not make my top 5, either.
    https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news...-be-nationwide
    I have narrowed it down to Dr Corvala (he's the best of the best, but pricey-$8000 I believe), Dr Louisiana Valenzuela (studied under Dr Corvala but is also close to $6000), Dr Rodriguez Lopez (works with Dr V but charges $1000 less than her), Dr Maytorena (I'm leaning towards.him, he charges $4000, has over 11 years of experience doing bariatric surgery, he was previously a trauma surgeon, and he has great reviews. Oasis of Hope Hospital also has very good reviews, which is where he does his surgeries). https://www.realself.com/find/Mexico...orge-Maytorena
    So Dr. V and Dr. Lopez work with Mexico Bariatric Center, but they charge different pricing? Is this normal or what?