Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    12-24-2019 10:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 192 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

Question A question for the ladies

I've always noticed around that time of the month that I gain a few pounds. Usually between 5-10 pounds. Last month, I didn't but I just stayed one weight for a few days and then dropped a couple pounds at the end of it. It is one week before I'm supposed to start. 3-4 days ago, I weighed 216 and the past 3 mornings, I have weighed 218. I have been REALLY good with my eating. I have struggled with getting in 64 ounces of water but that's getting better. I feel like if I don't weigh myself everyday, I will get off track. However, I'd be lying if I said that it doesn't get to me. My 3 csections have left me with hardly any feeling on my skin or even with cramps. Actually, I think my 1st back surgery helped that get worse. If I didn't stay on top of the dates, I would never know when it was going to happen. This month is a different story. I'm feeling the cramps for maybe the 5th time since my surgery in April 2015. I'm hoping that I'm seeing the added 2 pounds because of the menstrual cycle. Has anybody else experienced this?

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 months post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 months post op 171 -84 lbs (4/11/19) (at home)
    9 months post op 150 -105 lbs (7/11/19) (at home) *GOAL*
    1 year post op - maintained at 150

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: A question for the ladies

My advice while you are losing is to NOT weigh yourself every day. It just messes with your head. If you are following the program, doing everything right, there is no reason to weigh daily. Once a week would be reasonable. Your weight will fluctuate (not only with your time of month) and drive you crazy, but it will go down, promise. I had to have my husband hide my scale I drove him so nuts with my whining.

I ended up with weighing Mondays and keeping a journal with that and my measurements. It was very motivational. Until I got to goal I think I only had two weeks where I gained and 2 weeks where I stayed the same, all the rest I lost.

4. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    12-24-2019 10:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 192 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    My advice while you are losing is to NOT weigh yourself every day. It just messes with your head. If you are following the program, doing everything right, there is no reason to weigh daily. Once a week would be reasonable. Your weight will fluctuate (not only with your time of month) and drive you crazy, but it will go down, promise. I had to have my husband hide my scale I drove him so nuts with my whining.

I ended up with weighing Mondays and keeping a journal with that and my measurements. It was very motivational. Until I got to goal I think I only had two weeks where I gained and 2 weeks where I stayed the same, all the rest I lost.
    I originally had my mom take my scale home with her but she has had health issues that has kept her stuck in her house so I wasn't even able to weigh weekly. Now that I have it back home, I've been weighing every morning. It is indeed driving me nuts. I'm going to have my daughter hide it because I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to. I know there couldn't be a stall this soon.

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 months post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 months post op 171 -84 lbs (4/11/19) (at home)
    9 months post op 150 -105 lbs (7/11/19) (at home) *GOAL*
    1 year post op - maintained at 150

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Also sometimes when you are going through this process you are not losing weight but your body is changing. That is why I always tell people to take measurements. It really helps you when the scale seems stubborn but then you are still losing inches.