Surgeon
    oliphant
    Last Activity
    11-09-2018 12:30 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Size of meal 1 year out

I am approaching my 1 year ann. 11/28. I have went down from 348 to at one time 222. Within the last month I have gained some weight back and currently 231 and that's where I'm holding steady at. Nothing has really changed in my diet but I feel I am eating too much each meal. I can eat maybe a small chicken breast with maybe 1/4 cup of vege. Today for lunch I had maybe a 1/4 cup cole slaw and 4 oz steak. From what I was able to eat to right now I feel this is too much, is this the case with anyone else who has had surgery for over a year? Does the amount you can eat supposed to gradually go up? For the last month or so I feel hungry all the time, is this a norm also the farther out from surgery? I go to gym 4 - 5 times a week and work in strength training and cardio. Freaking out a little is an understatement.

2. Said thanks:

3. The following 15 users said welcome Kosmo0227 to GastricSleeve.com!

4. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Size of meal 1 year out

Yes, the amount of food you eat gradually goes up. But if you stick to the protein first, then veggies, then good carbs if room you shouldn't have a problem. I wouldn't freak out, I'd just keep doing what you're doing.

6. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Congrats on your upcoming 1 year anniversary!

Don't freak out.
    If you are working out 4 - 5 times a week including strength training and cardio not only will that make you more hungry you will also be building muscle which weighs heavier.
    As Sraebaer said protein first then veggies then good carbs are you will be fine.
    Not sure how your surgeon feels about snacks but you may find that you need a protein snack on your workout days (shake/cottage cheese/eggs etc) - might pay to ask.

I don't go to the gym but my meal size has increased as time has gone on. I still weigh/measure my food and if eating chicken/fish it is usually around 100g (3.5oz), if beef or lamb around 60g (2oz). I can usually manage about 1/4-1/2 cup salad or green veggies but don't have any carbs (potatoes/bread etc).

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

I would track what you are eating. Try to update your protein a bit. You might be eating too little. Especially if you are working out quite a bit.

10. Said thanks: