Surgeon
    Jorge Maytorena
    Last Activity
    07-22-2020 08:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Dr. Jorge Maytorena

I had a gastric sleeve on 10/18 in Mexico. Performed by Dr. Jorge Maytorena at the oasis of hope hospital. A friend had surgery in Mexico last year with Dr. Almanza, but with all the bad things written online and news coverage I could not use him despite my friends experience. I looked forever and finally found Dr. Maytorena. He has excellent reviews on real self. I investigated the hospital. The hospital is a cancer treatment center, but bariatric surgery is on a separate floor. The hospital was beautiful and clean. There was security and no one could get in the hospital without going through the guard station. Dr. M spoke perfect English and met with me before and after surgery. He isn’t one of those doctors that do 6 surgeries a day. He did 2 the day I was there. I had round the clock care with a call button just like any regular hospital. The nurses introduced themselves and shift change like any hospital. The surgery was $3899. There were no hidden costs. I did request stronger pain meds and sleep meds which cost more. They also sell medical insurance which would cover additional procedures, like if a leak was detected. The coordinator Ruben was awesome. The driver Edgar was the best. He stopped on the way across the border to the US so another person could get water and juice for her recovery. He really looked out for us. They also have documents to use the fast lane to enter the US. I 100% recommend this doctor, this booking company, and this hospital. I just wanted to share my experience.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/21/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela
    Last Activity
    01-30-2019 10:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Dr. Jorge Maytorena

Appreciate your post! Dr M has made my top 3 list. I can’t afford Dr V or Dr A Ortiz, so I’m trying to find the best surgeon for under $5000.
    Surgery 12/21/18
    HW: 230 (BMI 38)
    5 weeks post-op: 198 (-32)
    GW: 140