Thread: Hello

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    11-12-2018 07:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hello

I'm a spouse of someone who has had RNY bypass surgery. She is in several support groups for her journey. \i am hoping this can be a support group for someone like me who has not had surgery and has questions about the impact on others relationships.

2. The following 17 users said welcome Chris1277 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello

People on here have all been sleeved or are in the process of being sleeved. Bypass is a bit different so we cannot speak directly to her potential issues. We can talk about our own relationships. I know my relationship has gotten stronger and my husband has jumped on the fitness bandwagon with me.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    11-12-2018 07:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Thank you Christie13. I am in a place where I sometimes feel like we are drifting apart in our relationship. Some days are great and others I feel like an outsider. She has expressed adamantly that she's not going anywhere and that she loves to death, but I see a lot of other couples within her groups that have marriages falling apart. I love my wife the same post surgery as I did before surgery. I sometimes can't help but feel like this. I myself struggle with keeping weight off and I think this is not helping with my mental state. If you have any tricks or tips to help I would be most appreciative.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

My marriage got 100% better when I went from obese to normal sized. My husband loved me no matter what I weighed, it's not like I'm going to go looking for someone new now that I'm no longer fat! He is a gem. Still compliments me, and it's been 5 years since surgery.

Hubby is our chef, he loves to cook, and has lost 35 pounds just by eating like I do. (Or course he eats larger portions). He is a exercise fanatic like me, so being active together has only made our relationship stronger.