Surgeon
    Dr. Seth Kipnis
    Last Activity
    10-09-2018 03:25 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Need help re-committing to this lifestyle

Hi there friends! My name's Christina. I'm new to this website. I underwent the gastric sleeve surgery July 16th, and have since lost 40 pounds (50 pounds if you include the 10 I lost previous to surgery after my two-week pre-op diet). I am SO happy with my progress so far (peep my before and after pic attached) but I'm having a small problem. It's been almost 3 months since my surgery and I must admit that I'm falling off a bit. I'm just not on my A game like I was in the beginning. I'm starting to eat and drink things I know I shouldn't, I went from going to the gym almost everyday to about 2-3 times a week, and throughout all of this, I have not reached out for any support from other people, doctors, nutritionists, no one. I have been doing this all on my own but I think it's time to re-commit myself to this new lifestyle that I have chosen. I have to keep reminding myself that this is not just a diet - this is an entire new way of life. So, I'm excited to get involved in forums and continue to learn everything I can about maintaining a healthy and happy life after gastric sleeve surgery! Cheers!
    Attached Images

2. The following 16 users said welcome stinaaaxxo to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member EnglishGentleman's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Michael
    Surgery date
    04/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Mr Carter
    Last Activity
    02-17-2023 03:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 37 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help re-committing to this lifestyle

Maybe try writing a record of what you eat and drink for a week, then at the end of the week review it and score the days on a 1-10 good to bad in terms of what you consumed and excercise.

I know I’ve had quite a few more beers recently which isn’t good and it’s something I need to knock on the head, along with non protein foods like pizza etc...

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Christina, your view of what is required to maximize your WLS results is spot on. It's indeed a lifestyle change that's required -- at least in my experience. One thing that has worked for me (but that many others don't care for) is daily food planning and tracking. I use My Fitness Pal, and it's a wonderful tool in my humble opinion.

I also weigh every morning. It doesn't freak me out, but gives me information that inspires me or tells me (over time) how I'm doing.

Obviously, I'm a big fan of metrics. Again, not everyone loves this. But it's just what the doctor ordered for me.

FYI, I'm almost 4.5 years post-op, lost 100 pounds (pretty slowly), and have maintained my weight loss all these years. I wouldn't give ANYTHING for the freedom and joy I now have, compared to my life pre-op.

One other thought ... it helps me to stay in touch with all my reasons for losing weight and all the gratitude I have for being normal-weighted. Also, for me, I didn't care how fast (or slowly) I lost weight. Instead, I focused on my lifestyle changes. That's what I worked on so hard that has rewarded me immensely these last 3 years of maintenance.

Very best to you!

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

This place is great for keeping yourself in check. I am 2 years post op. Have been at goal for over a year and still am on here regularly. I committed to this lifestyle wholeheartedly. I am blessed, though, as I have always loved to exercise. Remember why you did this. Know that it is going to get better. Just imagine how you will feel once you hit your goal weight. If you are falling off track this early you may struggle to get to goal or to keep the weight off. I would suggest maybe seeking some sort of therapy or counseling to see why your motivation is waning. Wishing you much success.