07/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-13-2023 05:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 77 Times in 57 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Default Re: Why do ~90% of this forum's members seem to stop posting after their surgeries?

We move on with life.. Our weight no longer rules our thoughts and our lives.. So, we don't think about coming here and posting.
    It's been a 16 months post op for me and i don't even think I used to be fat. I see pictures of me from back then and I'm like "That could not have been me" We have moved on.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member healthier86's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Scott Um
    Last Activity
    10-26-2018 06:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 96 Times in 95 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 267 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Why do ~90% of this forum's members seem to stop posting after their surgeries?

I stopped posting Ibecause I did not go on social media much prior to considering the sleeve surgery. Further, my daughter begun law school when my granddaughter turned 2 years post op. Therefore my husband, my mother and I stepped in. Unfortunately, my Uncle passed away unexpectedly last year my mother became depressed. Both my husband and I became sleep deprived due to our precious grand baby does not take naps, she has night mares ( from pushing buttons on The IPAD to watch Netflix ) and occasionally sleep walks. She no longer is allowed on the IPAD and older now. Basically as someone posted life happens. I would think about getting on to get some support, last year I begun to re gain weight, due to not sticking to my post surgery eating habits and not stepping my exercise regime up when it was no long challenging

Starting weight: 207
    Day of surgery 9/16/13: 195
    Day released from hospital 9/18/13: 210
    First follow up appt. 9/24: 200
    Second post op appt. 10/1: 188
    Third post op appt. 11/12: 176
    Fourth post op appt: 2/20/14: 155

I can do all things through Christ who strengths me.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Kathi
    Last Activity
    04-20-2019 06:25 PM
    I lived in four states in 12 years. I am working my way back home to MI.
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I have always had a hard time asking for help. I am a professional helper by trade. My life went straight crazy during my process of being sleeved. It started with the death of my oldest sister.

I tried hard to make her death inspiring. I was losing weight like we both planned. I was losing weight. However, it became more haunting. I stopped losing weight.

I was in/out of the hospital for two years. Then one day I almost died after another procedure.
    I went into what you could call a "working depression." I went to work came home then went back bed. The cycle continued for another 16 months. Over the last 12 months, I have worked hard to get out of my bed when not at work. Then my husband became ill. He can't workout. I stopped working out too! A month ago I decided to get help. I am now in counseling and on medication from my depression. It is one more dropped pound at a time. So in a few words " my sleeved life went bonkers." I am here now! Helping and healing.

7. Said thanks:

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMI View Post
    I have always had a hard time asking for help. I am a professional helper by trade. My life went straight crazy during my process of being sleeved. It started with the death of my oldest sister.

I tried hard to make her death inspiring. I was losing weight like we both planned. I was losing weight. However, it became more haunting. I stopped losing weight.

I was in/out of the hospital for two years. Then one day I almost died after another procedure.
    I went into what you could call a "working depression." I went to work came home then went back bed. The cycle continued for another 16 months. Over the last 12 months, I have worked hard to get out of my bed when not at work. Then my husband became ill. He can't workout. I stopped working out too! A month ago I decided to get help. I am now in counseling and on medication from my depression. It is one more dropped pound at a time. So in a few words " my sleeved life went bonkers." I am here now! Helping and healing.
    I'm sorry you lost your sister Kathi xx

9. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rexcom View Post
    I was looking at previous 2017 and earlier 2018 surgeries to get an idea of how they were doing at various stages after surgery, and I notice many of them stop participating on this site. Why do ~90% of this forum's members seem to stop posting after their surgeries? I wonder is it because they are doing fine and move on? Or because they are not doing fine (problems, weight gain)? What's your guess?
    I never was here that much anyway. I only joined before the surgery in 2012 to check out others experiences and get meal ideas, vitamin suggestions etc. I run a business from home and am busy with that plus lots of other charity events that I participate in. I have all notifications turned off so I truly forget about this site and might login every 3 months if that.
    I'm doing fine after 6 plus years. Lost it and maintained within 5 pounds either way.

11. Said thanks:

12. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents