Hi everyone

I thought I'd post a further update. I had my sleeve surgery 6 weeks today, and so far it's gone really well, The only issues I've had have been self inflicted - eating too fast or not chewing enough before swallowing.

Weight loss has been steady, and started to slow slightly. I've been able to get 10K steps in per day, and went I back to the gym for the first time this week. Now that I've restarted with the gym I hope that the weight loss continues. I weigh myself daily and update Google Fit so I get a nice graph with a (mostly!) downward slope. I get one or two days in a week there there is a 'blip', but the weight is always down week on week.

A question for you guys & girls who are further down the road with their surgery. In 10 weeks I'm going on a cruise (Celebrity Cruise) - I've emailed them to let them know about my surgery and they quickly replied that it wasn't an issue and to just let the maître d know each evening.

What were your experiences of going on a cruise? Fortunately for me, the sleeve operation has killed my appetite so I'm not worried about going overboard at the buffet! There are four of us going on the holiday, but only my partner is aware of the real reason for my weight loss.

We've also got the full drinks package. Last week, I was out for a friends birthday party and I tried alcohol for the first time since the surgery. I drank way slower than before the op - for every drink I had the others were drinking 3 or 4. I had a great night and no hangover the next day, even though I did feel slightly 'merry' by the end of the night. I'm hoping that 11 days of cruising won't throw me off track too much. I do intend to hit the gym on the ship, however you never know....

Thanks!