Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery date
    06/20/2018
    Last Activity
    05-15-2019 11:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 71 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Lipo Injections - B12 shots - Others?

Good Morning,

I was just reading Jess's new post and it sounds very interesting.

Lipo injections, B12 injections - Are any of you doing this?

3 Years ago I lost weight on my own, I used pills to boost my metabolism. But I don't want to take pills again.

My regular doctors office does the Lipo Injections and B12... On the internet I see there are all kinds of injections for weight loss.

I would love to do something like this to see if it would help, but wanted your valued opinion.

Thank you very much!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lipo Injections - B12 shots - Others?

Personally I wouldn't do it. That is just me. I am trying to keep faithful to this journey and the process. So far it has been very successful. Maybe if down the road I struggled to maintain I might consider it but right now there is no reason to. Years ago I had success with the HCG Fusion 42 system and then they took it off the market. I was bummed. That stuff worked for me. So I can't say I would never try it but right now I am working my sleeve and letting it work for me.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member jessiejess's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jessie
    Surgery date
    11/13/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lipo Injections - B12 shots - Others?

Keep in mind that I am taking the injections because I have deficiencies in vitamins and minerals so the shots I am getting are to treat that. The other stuff is a perk, yes. But I'm getting them mostly to treat a medical issue. I need the B12 badly. My surgeon prescribed them for me for 2 years after I got my sleeve because I was having issues with absorption and taking multi-vitamins orally makes me throw up within minutes. The shots were the best method for me. The shot I am getting in addition to B12 is a B complex which also includes vitamin D, another vitamin I have an extreme deficiency in. I used to have a prescription for that too but it wasn't strong enough. There are several different types of lipo injections containing different combinations of enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Mine are geared more toward balancing out my deficiencies. These deficiencies are also what has kept me from losing weight and made me tired literally ALL the time. So, weight loss is an added benefit, but they're also to meet specific medical needs. To be blunt, I've felt like shit and known something has been wrong with me for a long time. Now I know what it is and am getting treatment.
    That said, I would not suggest taking pills. I'm glad you don't want to do that. My reason for saying this is because every time I took pills I'd lose tons of weight, but once I stopped I'd gain it all back with interest. Pills do make you lose weight because they suppress your appetite, but so do our sleeves because we don't produce as much gherlin. We have our own built in appetite suppressant. Pills also don't equate to a lifestyle change unless you change your eating habits and fitness permanently. Few people do those in tandem. They think pills are the answer when they're not. Pills are temporary. People take the pills but don't permanently change their habits. Our sleeves are the healthy, permanent alternative.
    I hope this information is helpful to you. Take care

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

6. Said thanks: