Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Gastric Sleeve Member SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Posts
    49
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    So I know that we are recommended to wait 1 yr post op before Trying to get pregnant. But I have seen mixed outcomes from some people getting pregnant before 1yr and then they cant lose as fast as if they had waited or the get pregnant before the 1yr and they still continue to lose after having their baby. Although I'm not having mine til 7/24/19, Im conflicted about what to do, whether to wait the 1 yr or not or if i dont wait the full 1yr then how many months post op to wait to start Trying to Conceive? Insights, Advice, Opinions are welcome!!!



  2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
  3. #2
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/25/2018
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Activity
    06-21-2020 05:03 PM
    Posts
    97
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 69 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    I'd have kids before doing sleeve. When you have kids you will gain weight and your eating will be defined not just by what you need but what your baby needs as well. It will bend and stretch you all over. It's also pretty common for women to get a hernia having kids which can be repaired as part of a sleeve surgery in about 30-45 extra minutes, saving you a surgery. So my advice order is:

    1. Have kids
    2. Have a sleeve
    3. Get a "Mommy Makeover" if necessary



  4. #3
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Posts
    5,169
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries
    97

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    I see people on here who have babies after the sleeve. Sometimes they do have difficulty losing the weight afterwards. Sometimes no issues at all. If you are going to get sleeved I do recommend reaching your goal weight and maintaining for a bit before trying to conceive. So definitely waiting the full year...maybe even a bit more.



  5. #4
    Gastric Sleeve Member SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Posts
    49
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    I see people on here who have babies after the sleeve. Sometimes they do have difficulty losing the weight afterwards. Sometimes no issues at all. If you are going to get sleeved I do recommend reaching your goal weight and maintaining for a bit before trying to conceive. So definitely waiting the full year...maybe even a bit more.
    Thank you and yes I have seen a toss up when its come to women who got sleeved and had kids it was truly a 'results may vary' situation so I was trying to find a more definitive answer but I guess with my first mindset was right when i thought of just waiting to make sure to get down to my goal weight or as close as possible by the 1yr mark and then trying for kids. It was just that I've been battling with PCOS for 2 yrs and been trying for kids for 3yrs and I've got nothing to show for it at all and so I know that with this surgery that alot of women get pregnant right away but I was just wondering if it was worth risking weight loss for healthier body if it meant that I'd finally get to have children. But overall I do agree to wait the 1yr so thats what I'll go with.



  6. #5
    Gastric Sleeve Member SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Posts
    49
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope81 View Post
    I'd have kids before doing sleeve. When you have kids you will gain weight and your eating will be defined not just by what you need but what your baby needs as well. It will bend and stretch you all over. It's also pretty common for women to get a hernia having kids which can be repaired as part of a sleeve surgery in about 30-45 extra minutes, saving you a surgery. So my advice order is:

    1. Have kids
    2. Have a sleeve
    3. Get a "Mommy Makeover" if necessary
    I have PCOS which is why I need the sleeve so that I can get down to a healthy weight and regain my fertility I havent had PCOS my whole life like some women who have had it since puberty into adulthood. So this surgery is to get me healthy cause I want to be healthy while it also helps me to regain my fertility



  7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
  8. #6
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/25/2018
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Activity
    06-21-2020 05:03 PM
    Posts
    97
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 69 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireLevaou View Post
    I have PCOS which is why I need the sleeve so that I can get down to a healthy weight and regain my fertility I havent had PCOS my whole life like some women who have had it since puberty into adulthood. So this surgery is to get me healthy cause I want to be healthy while it also helps me to regain my fertility
    Then I'd get to your goal weight with sleeve and then get pregnant. I'm no expert but I wouldn't think dealing with possible pregnancy complications and sleeve complications simultaneously would be a good thing to deal with. Newborns are also a lot of work and i'd probably be better to have your sleeve management stuff squared away before having one or more. I have young kids and it's a whole different world in terms of eating and time management.



  9. #7
    Gastric Sleeve Member SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Posts
    49
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope81 View Post
    Then I'd get to your goal weight with sleeve and then get pregnant. I'm no expert but I wouldn't think dealing with possible pregnancy complications and sleeve complications simultaneously would be a good thing to deal with. Newborns are also a lot of work and i'd probably be better to have your sleeve management stuff squared away before having one or more. I have young kids and it's a whole different world in terms of eating and time management.
    awesome good to know thanks for the insight



  10. #8
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Last Activity
    06-21-2022 05:09 AM
    Posts
    26
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    I would suggest you consult a doctor before deciding to proceed. After all, this is very individual. It would be best if you did not rely on the experience of other people. It is better to listen to your body and pass the necessary tests. Do not forget that childbirth and the process of carrying a child is a significant burden on the mother's body.
    At one time, what will our baby look like helped me decide on this. I accidentally found a rating of applications where you can generate a future baby on one cool site. And this plump, beautiful face that looked at me from the phone ultimately convinced me to give birth.

  11. #9
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Last Activity
    08-10-2022 02:00 AM
    Posts
    17
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    congratulations!

  12. #10
    Gastric Sleeve Member RicMag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Last Activity
    07-22-2022 09:05 AM
    Posts
    16
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

    Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

    From a legal point of view, it is correct for him to receive 740 pounds in allowances, especially if he is registered as self-employed in these circumstances. The state expects caregivers to receive about 90 pounds/week if they have no stable income or if their income is below average in the economy. I consider this to be an aid in growing and caring for a child. However, foster parents must declare this income. Even local foster care allowances consider that foster payments would be treated as earnings.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •