Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

So I know that we are recommended to wait 1 yr post op before Trying to get pregnant. But I have seen mixed outcomes from some people getting pregnant before 1yr and then they cant lose as fast as if they had waited or the get pregnant before the 1yr and they still continue to lose after having their baby. Although I'm not having mine til 7/24/19, Im conflicted about what to do, whether to wait the 1 yr or not or if i dont wait the full 1yr then how many months post op to wait to start Trying to Conceive? Insights, Advice, Opinions are welcome!!!

2. The following 12 users said welcome SapphireLevaou to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

I would follow your doctor's advice. You may not be able to eat enough to grow a tiny human that first year, I don't know. You may not be at your desired weight before a year. Ask your doctor.

Many here have had babies after their sleeve, I'm just not sure about their time frame.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    I would follow your doctor's advice. You may not be able to eat enough to grow a tiny human that first year, I don't know. You may not be at your desired weight before a year. Ask your doctor.

Many here have had babies after their sleeve, I'm just not sure about their time frame.
    yah its a toss up from what i've been researching between women still losing after birth versus not being able to lose as quickly as they were before they got pregnant. I will wait the 1 yr and see how things go.