Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

So I know that we are recommended to wait 1 yr post op before Trying to get pregnant. But I have seen mixed outcomes from some people getting pregnant before 1yr and then they cant lose as fast as if they had waited or the get pregnant before the 1yr and they still continue to lose after having their baby. Although I'm not having mine til 7/24/19, Im conflicted about what to do, whether to wait the 1 yr or not or if i dont wait the full 1yr then how many months post op to wait to start Trying to Conceive? Insights, Advice, Opinions are welcome!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member jessiejess's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jessie
    Surgery date
    11/13/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

I say wait. It's difficult enough to get in enough nutrition in the first year to keep ourselves going much LESS to get enough fuel to feed a growing baby. They say to wait for a reason. I'd definitely follow those instructions or you could end up having a very difficult pregnancy.

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

Gastric Sleeve Member SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting Pregnant After VSG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jessiejess View Post
    I say wait. It's difficult enough to get in enough nutrition in the first year to keep ourselves going much LESS to get enough fuel to feed a growing baby. They say to wait for a reason. I'd definitely follow those instructions or you could end up having a very difficult pregnancy.
    True and understandable I know that when I did do my research its a toss up for women after gastric sleeve just because even in the beginning months they still lose and its not until like close to the end of the 2nd trimester that they finally start to gain. Some women still lose after birth and others have a hard time losing after birth so its a coin toss but usually the surgeons just keep close watch to make sure mom and baby are getting everything they need but they dont bite the womans head off about it cause it happens more often than not post op. I do plan to wait i just wanted to know others input on how it was to get pregnant after VSG.