10/22/2013
    Surgeon
    Sletzer
    Last Activity
    08-13-2018 07:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default hello, i join this group to get some help.

I had sleeve in10/2013. 1st year I done great. got down to 235. now i am up to 285. I eat all the time. I am having trouble getting back on the wagon.

any and all suggestion will be appreciated.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/02/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr Stephen Watson
    Said "Thanks" 205 Times
    Was Thanked 103 Times in 76 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 34 Times

Default Re: hello, i join this group to get some help.

Hello and welcome @Jenjen78!

What can you do today to improve and keep great results?

Regardless of the type of weight loss surgery, check your eating style:

Slow down your eating pace. If you have a gastric band, you may need to wait up to 90 seconds between each swallow.

Chew well and clear the mouth between small forkfuls (spoonfuls). There’s no need to rush when the meal is small.

Skip energy-laden drinks, such as sugar-drinks (soft drinks, cordials, energy drinks) and drinks containing alcohol (beer, wine, spirits, cider, liqueurs).

Choose nutrient rich foods including protein rich foods. Protein is nature’s natural appetite suppressant.

Stick with a smaller serving size that is just enough to take your hunger away without either making you feel over-full or leaving you hungry soon after - a fine balance that takes time to to discover. Serve more and you’ll attempt to eat more - human nature at work! Serve too little and you will slip into a less helpful grazing and snacking pattern.

Learn to recognise the differences between true tummy hunger and head hunger. Head hunger is driven by social occasion, desire, emotions, or mood. Respond to head hunger with something other than food.

Stop grazing and random snacking. Between meal eating and drinking is easy to forget and accounts for stalled weight loss and weight regain in many.
    http://www.foodtalk.com.au/contents/...lly_work_.html

Name
    Sandra
    Surgery date
    01/20/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr W
    Last Activity
    06-25-2020 09:15 AM
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times
    Was Thanked 1,067 Times in 752 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 480 Times
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome!

Denzel already gave you excellent advice.
    I will add 3 things:

1) for one week keep a diary of what you are eating, the quantities, when, and why (hungry? bored?) to identify what is going one. Using a tracker could help. People who track have a tendency to eat less. Also note that if you take any medication. a few can make you gain weight.

2) if you can eat all the time, you are probably eating lots of carbs. No judgement here, but you need to understand that carbs call for more carbs because it will trigger hunger. So eating less carbs can help balance your diet , also eating "better carbs" (whole wheat, graines, seeds etc) because more fiber will make you fuller, eat less and the digestion time is also longer. Carbs have a bad press recently, but I personally follow a "moderate low carbs" because our bodies do need cabs, but too much can trigger inflammation and that's my main concern.

3) have a blood test done to make sure you are not deficient (deficiencies can trigger hunger and cravings too) and make sure to take you vitamins every day. A post-op visit with your surgeon or just a GP could help. Also if you are taking a medication that make you gain weight, a doctor could suggest alternatives.

The first year after a sleeve, everyone will lose because we can eat so little. But the years after, nutrition is the key! focus en quality it will help a lot on many levels.
    For example I know exactly when my iron deficiency gets worth because I'm really hungry suddenly. But besides deficiencies, omega 3 are a good mood stabilizer and taking those can also help in the long run with managing hunger (and bonus it also help with inflammation).

Good luck and keep us posted! You can do it!! your sleeve is still working and will still be a really big help in the process! stay positive!

Take care.

HW : 150 kgs
    09/02/2014 : 142 /1st apt
    01/20/2016 : 134 /surgery
    01/30/2016 : 130 /1st post-op
    02/27/2016 : 126 /2nd
    04/23/2016 : 118 /3rd
    07/16/2016 : 109 / 4th
    10/01/2016 : 103 /5th
    01/21/2017 : 98 /1 year post-op
    February 2017 : 100 lbs lost
    07/22/2017 : 96
    10/21/2017 : 93
    12/22/2017 : 91
    01/02/2018 : 96!! regain (medication)

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Hey Jen. You have to sit down and change your mindset. Did you do this just to gain weight again? Go back to basics. Make a plan. Write it down. Focus on protein and veggies. Drink lots of water. Exercise. Your tool is still there. Stop eating foods that don't fill you up such as breads, sweets, chips, ice cream, and fried foods. Eat solid proteins that fill you up and keep you full longer. It makes a difference.