05/01/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Perry
    Last Activity
    08-12-2018 09:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Gaining back weight please help!

I got the gastric sleeve in 2013 and got down to about 150 lbs. My goal weight is about 120-125 lbs, but I have been gaining weight. I am back up to 170 lbs and am getting very frustrated. Does anyone have any advice for how to get the weight back off and how to get back into the right mindset and not being hungry all the time again. My job is a sedentary desk job which also doesnt help any! Should I start at week one and do all that dieting again, how can I get my stomach pouch back to the smaller size? I also want to make sure my hair doesn't start falling out or getting very brittle and thin like before Thank you!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member jerzeygirl's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/20/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louis Balsama
    Last Activity
    01-22-2020 03:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 166 Times
    Was Thanked 924 Times in 694 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 485 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gaining back weight please help!

Try going back to the pre op diet, and that sometimes gives your body a "jump-start". There's also a program called "Back On Track" and many have had success. You know what to do since you did it before and lost weight, but it's a slippery slope with regain and much easier to "nip it in the bud" while the gain is minimal. Mindful eating, tracking foods, hydrating and fitness are all important tools for long-term success.

You can do it, you did it once and will & can do it again!!! Good luck

4. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Just start eating how you should be, protein first, then veggies, then good carbs if room. Follow all the sleeve rules. Get out and exercise! You can do it if you want to.

Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

I know a woman (on another board) who lost all her excess weight, regained ALL her weight back, and has just re-lost ALL her excess weight AGAIN.

FYI, after losing her weight with the help of WLS, she became an alcoholic when a transfer addiction took over her life. Needless to say, it wreaked havoc on her. She is now a recovering alcoholic and a very determined human being. To me, she's a hero.

While losing the weight she regained, her eating approach was to go back to VSG basics by focusing on protein, low-carb veggies and some fruit, but otherwise no carbs. It wasn't easy, but she has done it. And now she's figuring out maintenance.

I'm sure there are "reasons" you've regained. But you have to get your head and heart to a place where you will commit to changing your daily behavior and build a healthy lifestyle that will support you from now on. If you can get to that place, your "reasons" won't stop you anymore. Many people have accomplished so very much by starting small and then gradually doing more.

For example, you've got a "sedentary job," but that doesn't have to stop you from getting in 10,000 steps daily. If you were determined to exercise, you could walk 10 minutes before work -- that's 1,000 steps. Then you could walk 5 minutes twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon on the way to/from the bathroom -- that's 2,000 steps. If you walked 15 minutes on your two work breaks, that's another 3,000 steps. If you walked 30 minutes at lunch, that's another 3,000 steps. And after work, before driving home you could walk another 10 minutes for 1,000 steps. There's your daily 10,000 steps. If this scheme won't work for you, you can figure out another scheme that WILL work for you. Focus on solutions, not barriers.

People have accomplished great things by starting small and gradually building up from there. Many people here have changed their lives that way. If you do what you need to do, you will get the results you want. That reminds me of another friend who goes to Alanon and often says: "If nothing ever changes, nothing ever changes."

You already know how to change your life. All you have to do is start anew. And every day start anew again. That is what each of us is challenged to do.

Very best wishes to you.

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

I completely understand the tied to your desk type job. You have to make new habits. I am stuck to my desk as well. But I make a point to get up at least 1x an hour to go to the bathroom. I also walk on my 2 breaks and my lunch. My body thanks me for it. I start every day with exercise. I follow the rules of protein first and then veggies. I also don't deny myself. I weigh every day. And I don't allow myself to get over my weight by more than 5lbs. I usually go up and down 2-3 lbs as is normal for most people. When I do hit the 5lb mark I get strict with watching what I eat. That has kept me successful in maintenance. As for losing ,I agree with the others about going back to basics. Do a pre op style diet to get the scale moving. Good luck.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents