Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default The scale finally moved in the right direction again

As of Wednesday the scale is going down again. I'm back at 185. I've stuck with my eating plan and cut down my work outs to 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week. I did throw in some black beans Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was when I saw the scale go down. I take Wednesday and Saturday off from working out. I've got a hurt shoulder right now but as soon as it heals I'll start strength training with my arms. I've still got a lot of muscle in them and muscle memory will kick in as soon as I can work them again. I just need to burn the fat off the top of the muscles. My arms were my favorite feature when I lost my weight the first time. They got very defined and, if I do say so myself, pretty buff!
    I've still been getting up at 5 to work out which is really unheard of for me but it's become a habit now so it's not as hard as it was in the beginning. It makes me feel really good and accomplished in the morning. It's a great way to get energized to start my day. I'm also getting faster. Every time I work out my miles are faster. Now I'm down to a mile in 12 minutes or less. That might not be much for some of y'all but it's breaking all my records - even when I was a gym rat in 2014 - 2016. I'm not incorporating resistance and elevation yet like I did before but I'll work up to that. I was a few weeks ago with 45 minute work outs but that's when the scale stopped moving so I had to cut back on time and resistance. Right now I'm working on endurance and speed before I kick it up a notch.
    So, I've hung in this whole time which is a lot more than I can say I've ever done for any "diet" that showed no results in the past. If I didn't see scale movement in the first week I'd get frustrated and quit. Not this time. It's because I know I can do this. I did it once and I will do it again. I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and the weight WILL come off. It may be slow but it will come off. I've already lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 off both arms and both thighs so know I'm making progress. My jeans are also looser so I'm moving in the right direction even if the scale wasn't or doesn't again as fast as I want it to. As long as I don't let myself get caught up in that number I'll be good. I've cut back to only weighing once a week which is a huge accomplishment as well. Getting on it every day was just making me feel like shit. So, Wednesday is my weekly weigh in day because I had my surgery on a Wednesday so that's always been my weigh day.
    So, I'm still in the game. I'm working my plan, owning my results, modifying as necessary and being persistent. This journey is different from the first one but that's okay. It's still a road I'm determined to go down and I will get to the finish line.
    Until next time, take care and persevere. Toodles!

Jess

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The scale finally moved in the right direction again

The weight loss seems like no big issue since losing inches obviously shoes that you are doing a great thing for you body. Keep up all your hard work! You are totally going to hit your goals. Attitude is everything!!

Gastric Sleeve Member AnnieStillG's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Said "Thanks" 154 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

Wow

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

That really sounds fantastic Jess!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.