05/14/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Maytorena
    Last Activity
    08-07-2018 06:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Everything has been great until this past week... Change up for a stall???

Yep, in a stall.. well maybe. I've been walking 2-3 times a week for the last month or so, but in the last week, I've increased it to 4 days a week, in the gym, on treadmill.. 30-35 minutes a day 3.5 mph. I'm handling it very well! Had to go to a treadmill because walking on asphalt/concrete inflammed my many heal spurs...OUCH!!!

Anyway, I know a loss is a loss, but I thought I would lose more with the increased walking. I wear a fitbit alta, so it tracks everything, which I love. My concern is that I'm not eating enough calories. I'm 10 weeks out and eating all the foods I'm suppose to eat, and my ratio of protein/fat/carbs is right where it is suppose to be, and I'm drinking about 32-40 oz of water/liquids (unsweet tea, etc) every day.

My problem is that I'm having difficulty consuming between 700-900 calories per day! I'm only able to consume around 3 oz at a sitting and that is leaving me full for up to 3-4 hours. Has anyone else had this problem? I yo-yo'ed most of the week.. it wasn't a steady weight loss...

Anyway, I'm happy with what I look like, just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right!!
    Attached Images

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Elizabeth0404's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/14/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Maytorena
    Last Activity
    08-07-2018 06:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Re: Everything has been great until this past week... Change up for a stall???

Ok, let's try the pics again...

The first one one taken about 6 weeks prior to surgery, highest weight, same as surgery day (227.8) This last one was taken earlier this week. 192.8 lbs.

IMG_0811.jpgIMG_1766.jpg

4. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    11/20/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-15-2019 07:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Everything has been great until this past week... Change up for a stall???

You look good! Thanks for sharing your progress with us. I haven't had surgery yet but I hope to in a few months. So just to be clear, your concern is that you are not eating enough food which is causing weightloss to stall?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    11-01-2021 08:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Was Thanked 257 Times in 184 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Elizabeth, well done on your journey so far. I am almost 4 months out and I have slow weeks and stalls. I am gyming allot now and I have found the more I eat the more weight I lose. I think that we think the weight will fall off faster if we eat less, but its the other way around. I am not exactly sure how many calories I am eating but its around the 800 mark. I just try and make good choices. Keep going and the weight will come off, listen to your body. I find on some days I can eat more in one sitting than on other days. It depends on what the meal is. exercise is also the key. keep going

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

This is not a sprint.
    You will loose the weight.
    Do what you are supposed to do and keep doing that.
    The scale will move again.
    Really!
    Drink enough, eat your proteins first, then your veggies, than your healthy carbs.
    That's it.
    You'll do great!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    11/20/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-15-2019 07:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow!!! You look great! I look forward to seeing more photos as you continue your journey!!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Any sort of trail you would hike on instead of the sidewalk? I walk in the woods and then we have bike/hike trails in town made our of some soft, crumbled stone type material. Cement is tough on your joints.

Sounds like you're doing great, keep it up!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Yeah. You are probably eating too little. You need to keep trying to get a bit more in. If needed, add another protein shake in. That helps add some calories and protein but isn't nearly as filling as solid proteins. I am going to be 2 years post op in November and still have a protein shake almost every day so I can get enough calories in.

Gastric Sleeve Member jessiejess's Avatar
    Name
    Jessie
    Surgery date
    11/13/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know it's really hard to get enough calories when your tummy is so small. I had the same problem for the first year. When I eat healthy I still have that problem and it's almost 5 years later. If you want to know how to break a stall, look up "tinman" and read his numerous blogs about how to break a stall. He's one of the best veterans on here. If there is anyone's advice you should take, it's his. He's been my mentor and I wouldn't have lost 118lbs from 248 to 130 if it wasn't for his guidance. His blogs and posts are a MUST read.

Good luck and take care. You're doing a great job. Just listen to your body and you can't go wrong. And read his posts.

Jess

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

13. Said thanks: