Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Changed my ticker - again!!

Hello again fellow and future losers. Don't you love how being a "loser" is actually a good thing in this context? I love holding that thumb and index finger above my forehead because I am DEFINITELY a loser and over the MOON about it!! I'm finally not gaining anymore. I'm a loser. Regain be GONE!!

I got to change my weight in my ticker again today. I started Monday at 192 and am now at 188. I've gotten to change my ticker 4 times in less than a week!! I'm gonna change that little sucker with every pound I lose - or gain. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm all about accountability, transparency, and paying it forward. Looking forward to changing that little sucker keeps me on track.

I'm almost at my first mini-goal in just a week. 4 more pounds and I can change my goal weight down into the next 10lb range, 179. Then my goal will be 174, then 169, 164, and so on and so forth. I set my goals in increments of 5 that allow me to round down by getting into the next 10lb range. 179 rounds down to 174, 174 rounds down to 169, etc. It's not mathematically correct but it's part of my multi-faceted plan. I like to see the next 10lbs in increments where I am actually IN the same 10lb range of my goal. It makes things much more achievable for me. So, call me odd but it's part of my plan and, for some unknown reason, motivates me. It always has. It all started with my goal of being in ONEderland at 199. I just kept it going forward that way. It's all about changing that middle number by changing the last number to 9 and then 4. I know. I'm weird. But I'm a weird loser and I love it!!

I can't believe I've already lost 4lbs. Now, this may be TMI and I don't typically share this type of information, but in the interest of transparency and paying it forward, I will make an exception. Other women may have this problem so if you're reading this, maybe this part will help you in some way. This 4lb loss is actually a bigger deal to me than it would seem because it's my TOM. With my TOM I always gain 4lbs and when it's over, the 4lbs comes off. This is like clockwork. I could set my watch by those 4 pesky TOM pounds. SO - If I am able to LOSE 4lbs during this time, it's possible that when my TOM is over I might drop another 4lbs in about two days due to expelling the water I retain for that lovely one week out of each month. It's possible I've actually lost 8lbs that will disappear from the scale over night in about a week. If my theory holds true, if I've really lost 8lbs, that means I'm losing body fat now. Well, I know I am because of the keto stick from yesterday so I'm really looking forward to seeing those 4 pesky water pounds come off. Depending on how much more I've lost by then, it could put me in a place to change my goal to 179. I'm losing 1 to 1.5lbs a day right now.

Regarding my plan, there are many moving parts to my plan and it's always changing. This is my plan: I make a plan by setting goals based on what has worked in the past and what I think I can realistically achieve. I tweak "the plan" here and there depending on my rate of loss and what my body tells me while I'm on it (energy levels, cravings, level of hunger, etc), and stick to it once I get it right. Then, if weight loss slows down or I hit a plateau, I start tweaking again. The changes I make always align with the original plan because the plan doesn't just involve a scale. My plan is the foundation for everything. It involves state of mind, developing routines and habits, persistence, positive self talk, listening to my body, owning my results, and making changes as necessary. I do my own food research based on things I like, choose what foods to incorporate and if they fuel my body well and show results, they become part of my plan. I set an exercise goal and if it works, it becomes part of my plan. The mental stuff never changes. It's mandatory. Then I rock the hell out of my plan!! There is no room for negativity in my plan. That's not to say I won't have rough days or have a hard time sticking with it sometimes, but I'll push through it and keep going. If my body stalls on the food and exercise plan I'm working, then I own those results, research, and tweak things until my updated plan is found. I own it, work it, and change it as needed based on the results I hold myself accountable for. My plan is not a diet. Diets have never worked for me and they never will. Putting myself on a "diet" is the definition of insanity. No, it's not a diet. It's the way I live, a lifestyle. Make sense? I hope so.

See how tinman's mantra works for me? Now my way may not work for everyone but it works for me. To some of you it may sound ridiculous and completely unorganized. To some of you, it might make perfect sense. Either way, I hope it helps to at least get ideas for things to put into your own plan. The only part I really need to work on is the water. I forget to drink water. That's always been a struggle. But, in the interest of persistence and positive self talk, I will get it right. I'll set a timer on my phone for every hour if I have to and drink a glass of water every time that timer goes off until it becomes a habit. See how that works for me? By working the plan, water will become part of the plan. It's all intertwined.

So, thus ends my post for the day. I'm a PROUD loser. I've got a plan. It's working and I'm super stoked!!

To everyone, have a great day and take care. Until tomorrow...

Jess

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jessica F
    Surgery date
    01/25/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-07-2019 10:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 15 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Changed my ticker - again!!

Congrats!!!!! You are an inspiration!!!!

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Way to go!!!

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/28/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jefferson Vaughan
    Last Activity
    07-07-2019 09:55 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 449 Times

I think I understand you change your plan as needed -to get the needed results, and that sounds smart to me !

1 month-219 lbs (-25)

9. Said thanks: