Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-27-2018 05:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Sleeve failure...Don't be me!!!

I can honestly say You Don't Want To Follow My Lead. I had my sleeve in Aug 2014, MEXICO. Read my few posts under khunter719. I did lose 120 lbs and did very well but my mental health went downhill worse and my Schizo/bi-polar went way out of control. I was on the same dosage of medications at 160 lbs that I was at 280 lbs. I was on a toxic level of Lithium, being poisoned and thinking it was my husband and his ex-wife (living in the basement of our house, or so I thought but she was really in CA). I was taping water bottles shut, drawing around the tape in Sharpie, and taking pictures so when I woke up in the morning, I could see no one got in the water first to poison it. I was eating anything I could get my hands on...mostly fast food since I knew it was safe. This went on for weeks until I stopped taking all my medications, carried a butcher knife around the house, and gained 80 lbs back. I was still eating small amounts but the wrong foods so it didn't matter if it were the right amounts or not. I was back to using food as my drug. I've come back for support and have dropped from 280 down to 225 and still working on it. My 30 year old daughter just had the sleeve in the states and I want to be totally there for her. I got her interested into this site, and hopefully she will take a look and meet some friends.
    Ok, so now back to my story. I'm doing liquid shakes and salads. Limited fruits, veggies. I was my happiest at 160 lbs well really 157. If I could reach 175, that's the weight I remember in Jr High when the PE teacher lined all the students up to the scale and yelled out much they weighed in the 7th grade and yep...175 lbs was what I weighed in 7th grade. Laughs and snickers followed and I've never forgotten it. It scarred me for life. I know I were a 2x-3x pants and tops, other than that I don't know. I'm afraid to try any smaller sizes on. So, please don't become what I've turned my life into a blob of blubber. Stick with the program and it'll come and stay off.
    TTyou soon coming up.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sleeve failure...Don't be me!!!

Good gravy! I'm glad you're still alive.

I assume you got your meds dosages corrected ... ?

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi! Nice to meet you. Sounds like you are on the right track :-)

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

Wow, you were really in a bad place...
    I am glad you were able to turn that around, good for you!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyesmind View Post
    I can honestly say You Don't Want To Follow My Lead. I had my sleeve in Aug 2014, MEXICO. Read my few posts under khunter719. I did lose 120 lbs and did very well but my mental health went downhill worse and my Schizo/bi-polar went way out of control. I was on the same dosage of medications at 160 lbs that I was at 280 lbs. I was on a toxic level of Lithium, being poisoned and thinking it was my husband and his ex-wife (living in the basement of our house, or so I thought but she was really in CA). I was taping water bottles shut, drawing around the tape in Sharpie, and taking pictures so when I woke up in the morning, I could see no one got in the water first to poison it. I was eating anything I could get my hands on...mostly fast food since I knew it was safe. This went on for weeks until I stopped taking all my medications, carried a butcher knife around the house, and gained 80 lbs back. I was still eating small amounts but the wrong foods so it didn't matter if it were the right amounts or not. I was back to using food as my drug. I've come back for support and have dropped from 280 down to 225 and still working on it. My 30 year old daughter just had the sleeve in the states and I want to be totally there for her. I got her interested into this site, and hopefully she will take a look and meet some friends.
    Ok, so now back to my story. I'm doing liquid shakes and salads. Limited fruits, veggies. I was my happiest at 160 lbs well really 157. If I could reach 175, that's the weight I remember in Jr High when the PE teacher lined all the students up to the scale and yelled out much they weighed in the 7th grade and yep...175 lbs was what I weighed in 7th grade. Laughs and snickers followed and I've never forgotten it. It scarred me for life. I know I were a 2x-3x pants and tops, other than that I don't know. I'm afraid to try any smaller sizes on. So, please don't become what I've turned my life into a blob of blubber. Stick with the program and it'll come and stay off.
    TTyou soon coming up.
    That happened to me about 5 years ago -- my thing was seeing origami cranes everywhere, calling 911 to say my husband was kidnapper, and I was convinced Roy Rogers was living in our guest room.

SO glad you are getting straightened out! Brain rain is terrifying! Hang in there! We're all here for you.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear you are doing better. The good news is that if you start eating right you should be able to drop the weight again. And hopefully your meds are taken care of. Wishing you good luck in getting back to physical and mental health.