Surgeon
    Dr. Vincent Narciso
    Last Activity
    09-30-2019 06:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Gastric Sleeved 06/08/2018

Hello everyone! I am so excited to have finally had gastric sleeve surgery after an 8 month long ordeal with my insurance. I am very very grateful for this opportunity and excited about the weight I have lost at just 2 weeks out. However, I'll be frank, I'm a bit miserable. My incisions no longer hurt which is great but the nausea is overwhelming even with taking the medication and last night I began dry heaving. I was told that it was normal and nothing was wrong but it is still no fun. I am also having a huge issue getting enough protein since I have only been able to drink clear liquids without becoming nauseous. I don't sleep very well and since surgery I have had the most graphic nightmares you can imagine, and I can't seem to get comfortable because my back seems to be out of whack. I just want to know that I am not the only one that feels so miserable after surgery, I didn't expect to feel great but this is a lot! I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday. I'd love to hear about others stories and if anyone has any advice I would GREATLY appreciate it. Lots of love everyone! xoxo

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gastric Sleeved 06/08/2018

It can be rough in the beginning but it gets better. Slowly but surely. As for getting comfortable at night, I used a heating pad (the kind you heat up in the microwave) and a body pillow. Also, ben gay or asper cream can help. It did for me. My nausea passed after about a week or so besides the occasional nausea. Or if I overate or ate too fast. So I don't have much advice about that. I hear ginger helps. Some people have the nausea longer. Hopefully one of those people will chime in on what helped them. Wishing you lots of success on your journey. Hang in there, though, as it will get better.

Name
    Kaela Creonte
    Surgery date
    06/08/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Vincent Narciso
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Thank you so much for replying!! I will definitely be using the heating pad tonight and maybe I’ll run and buy some ginger tomorrow. Congrats on your weight loss, you’re so close to your goal!!!

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Blog Entries

It does get better for sure. Really. But it can be a bit of a rough trot at first. I had nausea on and off for a few weeks so my doc gave me ondensatron (zophran) anti nausea - I still carry them around in my bag. it might be worth asking. Maybe when you feel a bit better you could have a massage to help your back, Christies idea of the heating pad is great as that will be so comforting.
    Sorry to hear about the nightmares. Are you on any type of medication? Sometime I know that nicotine replacement therapy gives terrible nightmares....

7. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    03/02/2018
    Surgeon
    Professor Bulbuller
    Last Activity
    03-05-2020 11:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Was Thanked 166 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 35 Times
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on your sleeve.
    I wonder if its the type of clear liquids that are making you feel sick.
    I found the clear broth - really made me want to heave, and they gave us fruit water (mulberries) whilst in the hospital.
    I could not touch it so - they said drink 100% fruit juice - to get me through the first 2 weeks - I diluted with water sometimes and then I moved on to Kefir.

My nutritionist said its about the healing process then concentrate on the protein.
    Perhaps the Anaesthetic has caused nightmares - its in your system for a while. I am sure you will move on from that and a massage might help move things along for you I did after 3 weeks.
    Wish You better.
    Let us know how you get on.

Oh.... and Lavender oil near you before bed time might help with the nightmares.
    Do you have Rescue Remedy from Bach Flowers range that would also really help.
    I would also recommend a Crystal such as a simple Clear Quartz tiny or big as cheap as you want to pay. Keep it near you whilst you sleep it will absorb any negative unwanted thoughts. Cleanse it every month by washing in water and charge it up by the day light and moon light for 24 hours.
    Hope that helps.
    Crystals help bring back Balance in our lives. ( Quartz Crystal is used to keep balance in time pieces etc)
    Very helpful when we are out of Kilt, which of course any surgery will cause.
    I had mine with me all the time in hospital and I have so many for a variety of different things.

9. Said thanks:

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pudsley View Post
    Congratulations on your sleeve.
    I wonder if its the type of clear liquids that are making you feel sick.
    I found the clear broth - really made me want to heave, and they gave us fruit water (mulberries) whilst in the hospital.
    I could not touch it so - they said drink 100% fruit juice - to get me through the first 2 weeks - I diluted with water sometimes and then I moved on to Kefir.

My nutritionist said its about the healing process then concentrate on the protein.
    Perhaps the Anaesthetic has caused nightmares - its in your system for a while. I am sure you will move on from that and a massage might help move things along for you I did after 3 weeks.
    Wish You better.
    Let us know how you get on.

Oh.... and Lavender oil near you before bed time might help with the nightmares.
    Do you have Rescue Remedy from Bach Flowers range that would also really help.
    I would also recommend a Crystal such as a simple Clear Quartz tiny or big as cheap as you want to pay. Keep it near you whilst you sleep it will absorb any negative unwanted thoughts. Cleanse it every month by washing in water and charge it up by the day light and moon light for 24 hours.
    Hope that helps.
    Crystals help bring back Balance in our lives. ( Quartz Crystal is used to keep balance in time pieces etc)
    Very helpful when we are out of Kilt, which of course any surgery will cause.
    I had mine with me all the time in hospital and I have so many for a variety of different things.
    I have a big crystal too... what a great idea pudsley :-)

12. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03 View Post
    I have a big crystal too... what a great idea pudsley :-)
    Oh me too on the crystal - and i use primrose & lavendar at bedtime. Keeps the boogies away!
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Bummer, sorry you are feeling so miserable. My advice would be to not go back to work Monday, you're not ready. Instead schedule a visit with your surgeon to discuss all the issues you are having. You shouldn't be feeling so bad. If it's any consolation, it WILL get better, it just takes some people longer than others to get their energy back and start feeling normal again. Maybe a different anti-nausea med? Maybe shopping for different protein drinks? You need the protein and liquids to start feeling like a person. Good luck, pray you're better soon!

Surgery date
    06/20/2018
    Last Activity
    05-15-2019 11:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 71 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Hi,

My surgery was 4 days ago and last night I had some very vivid dreams. Haha It was all this food in really bright colors. Red & Greens, Bright colors. I put a piece of one in my mouth and instantly took it out. I'm having trouble with incision site pain, Nausea is bad also. I'm sure it will get better. I'm blessed I don't have to go back to work but this bad feeling sure sucks. The medicines are really hard for me to take, they are so bitter.

Name
    Kaela Creonte
    Surgery date
    06/08/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Vincent Narciso
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hello everyone! I want to thank all of you for your wonderful comments and suggestions! The support here is so kind! I am feeling much more like myself today, sleeping better and being able to choke some protein down has done wonders. I called my doctor who upped my nausea meds and that has helped drastically too. I haven’t weighed myself but I am currently wearing a 2x when I was used to wearing a 3 or 4 depending on the brand so I don’t think anything could ruin my mood today! I’m so grateful for all of you who kept me sane during the last week of feeling like complete death. Lol! Lots of love!

17. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by kcreonte View Post
    Hello everyone! I want to thank all of you for your wonderful comments and suggestions! The support here is so kind! I am feeling much more like myself today, sleeping better and being able to choke some protein down has done wonders. I called my doctor who upped my nausea meds and that has helped drastically too. I haven’t weighed myself but I am currently wearing a 2x when I was used to wearing a 3 or 4 depending on the brand so I don’t think anything could ruin my mood today! I’m so grateful for all of you who kept me sane during the last week of feeling like complete death. Lol! Lots of love!
    So happy to hear! Every day will be better. You will be 1x in the blink of an eye, and after that shopping in regular stores. I think that was the most fun for me, to get rid of those darn X sizes.

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Glad that you are feeling better. It will get a bit better every day. Just keep following your surgeons instructions and if something doesn't feel right go back to them and check it out. You are doing great!