Last Activity
    03-05-2020 11:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Was Thanked 166 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 35 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Whats wrong with me?

Its 16 weeks now since I was sleeved.
    Loving it so much I feel in control and accountable for me for the first time in decades.
    But... I thought I would see a big change in the way I look.

I have lost 20 KG/ 44 pounds. But I can't really see that much of a difference.
    Its not coming off my Boobs and my tummy is still in the way. My legs are slimmer but now have flesh hanging (arms are the same)

So I thought lets try on some of my clothes that I have for going out rather than floaty kaftan dresses (38 degrees Celsius - Its HOT!!!) or my elasticated shorts and sloppy tops that I wear in the heat. You know the ones that are comfy when its sweltering and you work from home.

Oh the sadness of not really seeing a change in my shape, if you know what I mean yes its changing but heck I really can't say I can chuck out my clothes yet and go and buy something else I still have all the lumps and bumps, I know I still have another 15 to 20 KG to go but I thought I would see more of a difference.

Yes its gone from the top of my legs but they were not big in the first place, I still have wide back, big boobs and large tummy.
    Has any one else had this happen ?I am not complaining about not loosing I am happy with the loss. But I can't see or feel the difference in my clothes.
    Feeling puzzled.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Whats wrong with me?

PUDSLEYYYYY... I yelled that. I had exactly this same feeling at exactly around 16 weeks!!! Do you think we are twins??!!! But did and I was like meh and then eventually everything changed and its just kind of what happens! So go make yourself a nice cup of tea and feel very pleased :-) xx

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

We notice it a lot less than other people do. Eventually you will notice it, too. Give it time. Your body is adjusting and recalibrating and trying to find its way. Just keep plugging along and enjoy the ride. Do you exercise? I have found that strength training helps a lot with the toning of the loose skin. So does time. Yup. Over time it will get better. And hydration inside and out. (Lots of fluids and lotion.) Good nutrition. And TIME. Have I mentioned it takes time? Things on our bodies will just keep getting better. Hang in there and remember that this is a process. We did not get obese over night. We are not going to have a smokin hot bod overnight either. We are going to work it until we get it. YOU GOT THIS!!

Name
    Mike
    Surgery date
    03/20/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Heath Smith
    Last Activity
    09-10-2018 08:27 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ditto with the rest. I'm down 75 pounds from my peak, and I still see a little tub looking back at me in the mirror. But I am daily getting comments from others in my office about how much I've lost. I think the whole process just takes time for the skin to adjust, plus sometimes you may lose fat from around internal organs first. I know when I lay down, my belly flops back inside my ribcage, so I'm feeling my ribs for the first time in a long time. I think the best approach is to just say to yourself that you now have a different relationship with food, this is what I can eat, and let nature do the rest. Exercise helps, but if you're eating conservatively and avoiding junk food, things will work out. Relax, enjoy the ride, and feel proud about what you've done, it's pretty impressive to lose that amount in 16 weeks. That's two bags of compost for the yard, no longer riding shotgun in your gut.

Name
    Mike
    Surgery date
    03/20/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Heath Smith
    Last Activity
    09-10-2018 08:27 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ditto with the rest. I'm down 75 pounds from my peak, and I still see a little tub looking back at me in the mirror. But I am daily getting comments from others in my office about how much I've lost. I think the whole process just takes time for the skin to adjust, plus sometimes you may lose fat from around internal organs first. I know when I lay down, my belly flops back inside my ribcage, so I'm feeling my ribs for the first time in a long time. I think the best approach is to just say to yourself that you now have a different relationship with food, this is what I can eat, and let nature do the rest. Exercise helps, but if you're eating conservatively and avoiding junk food, things will work out. Relax, enjoy the ride, and feel proud about what you've done, it's pretty impressive to lose that amount in 16 weeks. That's two bags of compost for the yard, no longer riding shotgun in your gut.

ps... When I was in High School, I weighed 180 pounds, and thought I was fat. That's my current goal weight. Like others have said, sometimes what we see isn't reality with weight.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Shannon'sVSG's Avatar
    Name
    Shannon Crosby
    Surgery date
    09/19/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. William Arnold
    Last Activity
    09-16-2018 03:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Carla!

I tend to concur with everyone's sentiment here thus far.

Like Edie (Stacey03) said, eventually everything will begin to change. And she is right when she added that it will just happen.

I am currently 8 months post-op and I find that struggle daily with similar issues. But I keep telling myself that what the scale fails to tell me does not reflect the reality of my situation. I know I am losing inches based on my overall waist and shirt sizes. But because I notice certain things about myself when I look into the mirror that the general public does not see, I find myself at odds with said reality.

Hang in there. It WILL get better.

9. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    03/02/2018
    Surgeon
    Professor Bulbuller
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Blog Entries

Yeah I heard it !!!!

Thank Goodness for that !
    I will wait for the changes.
    Maybe we are twins, I would Love to have the youthful look of wellbeing that you have.
    You are my big inspiration.

Sorry gotta be coffee for me NO TEA !! can't stand the smell of tea let alone taste it.

But.... Sorry for the whinge !!
    Just could not fathom it.
    Having yoyo dieted and achieved little results in the past - non that ever sustained I used to feel a difference in my clothes.
    So I was expecting to chuck stuff away and wear something nice for an event where I will be doing my Tammy Wynette and Patsy Cline numbers on the 26 June for a Charity event for a sick child.

I have nothing to wear it all looks wrong.
    Think I might visit the tailor there are a couple of dresses that might look better with a nip and a tuck. But still feel can't buy anything new as its not there Yet.
    Patience with myself is what I must have right now.

I got the Big hair wig for the night for both females and the false eye lashes just need to look country if I can.

Thanks Edie x

Surgery date
    03/02/2018
    Surgeon
    Professor Bulbuller
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    We notice it a lot less than other people do. Eventually you will notice it, too. Give it time. Your body is adjusting and recalibrating and trying to find its way. Just keep plugging along and enjoy the ride. Do you exercise? I have found that strength training helps a lot with the toning of the loose skin. So does time. Yup. Over time it will get better. And hydration inside and out. (Lots of fluids and lotion.) Good nutrition. And TIME. Have I mentioned it takes time? Things on our bodies will just keep getting better. Hang in there and remember that this is a process. We did not get obese over night. We are not going to have a smokin hot bod overnight either. We are going to work it until we get it. YOU GOT THIS!!
    Ahh Christie Thank you ! I am exercising but ... not strength training.
    Any ideas on how I can find out more on this I am in a tiny village but they do have outdoor machines in the park which I might have a go at. Its a little hot here right now to do that.
    I am cycling and swimming everyday but don't have a Gym near me at all.

I am moisturising and drinking water so I will give it the time that it needs.

I guess working from home and not really seeing anyone for days means I don't have anyone else to notice any changes if that makes sense. In fact no one has said anything apart from my lady who takes my bloods once a month at the hospital and she said she could see it in my face.

Not to worry ... I just wanted to wear something that made me feel a little inspired instead of feeling a little stuck.

Getting there.. must have realistic expectations I am only half way right I am on this ....

Thank you lovely lady. Wow You are doing GREAT ! 120 pounds thats so fantastic.

Love your wisdom. I Need to be more patient. xxx

Surgery date
    03/02/2018
    Surgeon
    Professor Bulbuller
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMo View Post

ps... When I was in High School, I weighed 180 pounds, and thought I was fat. That's my current goal weight. Like others have said, sometimes what we see isn't reality with weight.
    Oh Mike

Thank You so much. Really helpful insight about the internal organs, also makes sense with my medical history fatty liver in the past etc.

Yes I am avoiding junk food and you are so right about a different relationship with food. I love my sleeve for this.
    2 Bags of compost for the yard made me smile so much, Bless You for that !!!!! its true.

I think emotionally I have felt a little change, I am restless if that makes sense.
    I am actually in control and its an adjustment.
    You know what I think you have provided an answer in your last sentence.

I remember being at this weight when I was 30 years of age ( I am now approaching 54 next month) and I was very upset about my gain nothing looked right in my clothes. But I was heading in the wrong direction weight wise.
    I looked at a photo of me on holiday at the weight I am now and remember how I was feeling on the holiday in Dubai - then I lived in the UK so it was weight in stones not KG as I have moved country and work in KG for the last 9 years.

So at 11 stone 11.7 I was unhappy with my appearance.
    Previously I was around 10 - 10.7 which is 64 - 68 KG.
    Thats 141 pounds - 149 pounds.
    Thats when I felt I could wing it if you know what I mean.
    Gosh !!!!
    The revelation of where we are at when we feel happy with ourselves.
    I really had not put that together - probably because I had not thought about it in KG - Stone.

Ok - so now I think I have another little goal, I have loads by the way.
    But.... think I get it now.
    Photos from the past can provide a lot of information.
    Heck I know I am not 30 any more but that is the weight that I was ok with - although its not my goal thats when I think I will see the change in my self.
    Mwah Thank you my dear friend .
    Have a fabulous day.
    Keep in Touch Now.
    65 pounds loss is brilliant and you had your surgery this March !
    We had our surgery in the same month.
    Both in the time of Pisces which is what I call my second Birthday hahaha.
    Thanks again xx

Surgery date
    03/02/2018
    Surgeon
    Professor Bulbuller
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Shannon

Wow ! Thank you so much for the post You are Amazing ! what a truly fabulous loss! Congratulations.
    I think you look fabulous in your photo.

Yes I hear you all that you say.
    I really feel its a strange and wonderful process all mixed up together.
    Reality is I am swimming and wearing costumes that still fit and show everything that tells me I am not there.
    But I feel the ease in my body swimming and sleeping feels so different I am able to feel my body has indeed changed.
    Its a mixture alright.
    Love all the posts you put up on here.
    Thank you for making me feel I am not alone when you humbly said you struggle daily with similar issues.

We will get there.
    Thinking of you my friend feeling touched at the sincerity of your wise words. xx

14. Said thanks:

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pudsley View Post
    Yeah I heard it !!!!

Thank Goodness for that !
    I will wait for the changes.
    Maybe we are twins, I would Love to have the youthful look of wellbeing that you have.
    You are my big inspiration.

Sorry gotta be coffee for me NO TEA !! can't stand the smell of tea let alone taste it.

But.... Sorry for the whinge !!
    Just could not fathom it.
    Having yoyo dieted and achieved little results in the past - non that ever sustained I used to feel a difference in my clothes.
    So I was expecting to chuck stuff away and wear something nice for an event where I will be doing my Tammy Wynette and Patsy Cline numbers on the 26 June for a Charity event for a sick child.

I have nothing to wear it all looks wrong.
    Think I might visit the tailor there are a couple of dresses that might look better with a nip and a tuck. But still feel can't buy anything new as its not there Yet.
    Patience with myself is what I must have right now.

I got the Big hair wig for the night for both females and the false eye lashes just need to look country if I can.

Thanks Edie x
    I get it!!! And whinge away!!! Do! xxx