Last Activity
    09-16-2018 03:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 8 Months Post-op

Greetings Gastric Sleeve Community!

I am need of some assistance. OK...HELP, really.

I am currently 8 months post-op, and I am unsure as to the caloric and carbohydrate intake I should be consuming at this point in my WLS/VSG journey. I no longer have a doctor, nor do I have a nutritionalist, but I’ve read several different articles and threads which state that it can range from as low as 800 calories per day to 1,100 calories per day, and from 75 carbohydrates per day to 100 carbohydrates respectively. I am uncertain as to where I should be at this juncture as there is conflicting information out there.

I understand I am but one person, and that is based on an individual basis. Just the same, if can ask for some guidance based on personal experience (or direction) that would be beneficial to me in determining where I should fit in to the seemingly sliding scale, it would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I am consuming approximately 1,100 calories per day – which seems to be too high for my liking. At this rate, I am thinking of reverting back to liquids and starting from scratch - mind you, this would not be my first choice, but it is an option none the less.

Whatever advice you can muster would be greatly appreciated. IN advance, thank you for your consideration.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 8 Months Post-op

Shannon, I don't know that my experience with calorie budgets will apply to you, but if you read my First Year Surgiversary post (linked to in my sig block below), you can see what my surgical team's recommendation was at about 8 months and how it worked out for me.

Actually, it took me 18 months to lose all my excess weight (100 pounds), so you might check out my Year Two Surgiversary post as well.

Best wishes.

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

Gastric Sleeve Member Shannon'sVSG's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Shannon Crosby
    Surgery date
    09/19/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. William Arnold
    Last Activity
    09-16-2018 03:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 8 Months Post-op

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2 View Post
    Shannon, I don't know that my experience with calorie budgets will apply to you, but if you read my First Year Surgiversary post (linked to in my sig block below), you can see what my surgical team's recommendation was at about 8 months and how it worked out for me.

Actually, it took me 18 months to lose all my excess weight (100 pounds), so you might check out my Year Two Surgiversary post as well.

Best wishes.
    Hi Ann2!

Thank you for the guidance and kind words. I greatly appreciate them.

I know I do a great deal of reading and posting about things that can be pertinent to WLS/VSG, but caloric intake has been the one obstacle that I have yet to find a solution to (there are far too many recommendations and as I said in my post - everyone is different in their needs.) Your direction has helped me to hone in on where I think a suitable barometer should be.

Have a great week!

5. Said thanks: