10/18/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Christopher Eagan
    Last Activity
    11-27-2020 12:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 178 Times in 142 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Crazy it has been a year already!

What an inspirational post! Congratulations! You look amazing in that dress.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Dale
    Surgery date
    11/14/2017
    Surgeon
    Kathrine Lamond
    Last Activity
    03-18-2019 09:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 615 Times
    Was Thanked 416 Times in 264 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 141 Times

You look so amazing! And speaking from my recent experience, it's such a joy to be at a wedding and not worrying about how fat you look.
    You truly inspire me to keep going. So happy for you.

Beginning weight: 265
    Weight at surgery: 255
    M1: 240 (-15)
    M2: 232(-8)
    M3: 227 (-5)
    M4: 221 (-6)
    M5: 215 (-6)
    M6: 210 (-5)

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19 View Post
    Hello everyone! Hope all is well with y'all.

Today, one year ago, I took my life back. Actually I started in Oct 2016 but my sleeve surgery was a year ago. My surgeon was pleased that I lost 51 pounds before surgery. He said I should have no problem losing more than half of my excess weight. To me in that moment I thought if only it were true. Well let me tell ya he was right. I exceeded my own expectations and have lost damn near all of it!

So many nsv's to count in the past year!!! The biggest one is I found me again. I lost her for so long without even realizing it. Taking care of everyone else's needs before my own. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Now I'm putting me first so I can take better care of my loved ones. Sad it took so long to figure that part out.

Last weekend was the latest and greatest of nsv's! My daughter is getting married in April and she had her bride's maid dress shopping excursion. I went along and tried on mother of the bride dresses. Two things... I found the one i want (the picture) and 2 I was the SKINNIEST of them all! That has never happened to me before! Such a strange and wonderful feeling. I'm not going to be fat for my daughter's wedding. That fact alone makes me want to weep with joy. I want to have my picture taken! I want my daughter to be proud of me (she has NEVER been ashamed of me or how I looked).
    Attachment 27640

Now to the dark side of things. My hubby thinks I'm to skinny. My bones stick out too much for his liking. I go to the gym. I absolutely love working out now. He now is making comments like "ya know you aren't going to be able to gain any weight if you keep working out." Right now I'm working out to help tone my skin. I have a ton of loose skin. I can deal with my bat wings, sad sacks for boobs and tummy flab. What is really a pain is the excess skin on my backside and thighs. Sometimes it hurts to sit...literally a pain in the butt! Hopefully one day I can have it removed.

I'm still in disbelief that I have lost a total of 146 pounds! If you are on the fence of having this surgery remember it is just a tool. You have to put in the work and it will work for you! For me it was the best decision for me!

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for being here and supporting me when I need it the most. You all are AMAZING!
    Oh Cody -- you look perfectly lovely! Wonderful dress choice. And I hear you about the painful sitting! I'm taking a big gel pad with me in the car when we travel, or ouch!

I'm at 123, but really haven't want to lose any more since 130. I feel fine, and am getting enough calories, I think. Just kinda dropping on its own. I'm only 7 1/2 months out, so hoping I'll find a balance.

Been off line (busy with family stuff over summer) and what a wonderful post to come back to <3
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Cody you beauty, you look ahhhmazing. What a beautiful journey right? xxxxxx

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Aydensmomma's Avatar
    Name
    Teri
    Surgery date
    12/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Shady Macaron
    Last Activity
    06-11-2022 11:06 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 314 Times in 206 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,510 Times
    Blog Entries

you look amazing in that dress!! I can totally relate to getting the "too skinny" "boney" comments. Not fun but remember that he is used to you being big. This is still new and he's not used to it.
    sleeved 12/30/14 @255lbs Goal 140lbs
    3/3/15- 208lbs 6/14/15- 163lbs
    lost 92lbs in 1st 6mo
    9/10/15- 139 1/5/2016 - 128lbs
    lost 128lbs in 1 year
    4/4/16 - 123lbs 7/4/16 - 129lbs 12/3/16- 130
    still 128lb loss@2 year mark-11lbs below goal
    gained 13lbs by 3 year mark weighing 142lbs
    Gained up to 158 by 3 years 3 months!
    3.5 years back to 142
    hoping to stay between 140lbs-145lbs
    4 years hanging in between 145 and 150
    5 year mark! ugh! Up to 160! Time to get back track!

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Gege
    Surgery date
    11/17/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Peter Rantis
    Last Activity
    04-07-2020 10:55 AM
    Said "Thanks" 67 Times
    Was Thanked 93 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19 View Post
    Hello everyone! Hope all is well with y'all.

Today, one year ago, I took my life back. Actually I started in Oct 2016 but my sleeve surgery was a year ago. My surgeon was pleased that I lost 51 pounds before surgery. He said I should have no problem losing more than half of my excess weight. To me in that moment I thought if only it were true. Well let me tell ya he was right. I exceeded my own expectations and have lost damn near all of it!

So many nsv's to count in the past year!!! The biggest one is I found me again. I lost her for so long without even realizing it. Taking care of everyone else's needs before my own. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Now I'm putting me first so I can take better care of my loved ones. Sad it took so long to figure that part out.

Last weekend was the latest and greatest of nsv's! My daughter is getting married in April and she had her bride's maid dress shopping excursion. I went along and tried on mother of the bride dresses. Two things... I found the one i want (the picture) and 2 I was the SKINNIEST of them all! That has never happened to me before! Such a strange and wonderful feeling. I'm not going to be fat for my daughter's wedding. That fact alone makes me want to weep with joy. I want to have my picture taken! I want my daughter to be proud of me (she has NEVER been ashamed of me or how I looked).
    Attachment 27640

Now to the dark side of things. My hubby thinks I'm to skinny. My bones stick out too much for his liking. I go to the gym. I absolutely love working out now. He now is making comments like "ya know you aren't going to be able to gain any weight if you keep working out." Right now I'm working out to help tone my skin. I have a ton of loose skin. I can deal with my bat wings, sad sacks for boobs and tummy flab. What is really a pain is the excess skin on my backside and thighs. Sometimes it hurts to sit...literally a pain in the butt! Hopefully one day I can have it removed.

I'm still in disbelief that I have lost a total of 146 pounds! If you are on the fence of having this surgery remember it is just a tool. You have to put in the work and it will work for you! For me it was the best decision for me!

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for being here and supporting me when I need it the most. You all are AMAZING!
    Hello!
    Good for you! You have accomplished SO much! I'm glad you know that in spite of what others think, you've got to do you. You need to be happy and healthy first! You look amazing in your dress. Such inspiration!

Gege

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Shannon'sVSG's Avatar
    Name
    Shannon Crosby
    Surgery date
    09/19/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. William Arnold
    Last Activity
    09-16-2018 03:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Cody!

Such an amazing transformation, and what an incredible post. You are an inspiration to all of us who are currently walking the path to becoming the individuals we always dreamed of becoming. I wish you continued success as you proceed on your journey.

15. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member The North Sleeve's Avatar
    Name
    Mike
    Surgery date
    04/20/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Luthra
    Last Activity
    01-23-2019 05:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 79 Times in 63 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 266 Times
    Blog Entries

That's awesome, were neighbors!!!
    The North Sleeve (youtube channel) Come view my journey

Click Here >>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA9...J4yMqFXxkl6WzA

VSG Surgery April 20, 2018
    Height 6'2
    High Weight 354 lbs
    Surgery Weight 333 lbs

17. Said thanks: