Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    09-29-2018 06:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Surgery in Mexico. Is it difficult to find a doctor to do Post Care in US?

Hello,

I am going to get surgery done in Mexico and I am wondering about the post care from doctors when i arrive back. Have anyone had problems finding doctors to do follow ups with once back home?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Surgery in Mexico. Is it difficult to find a doctor to do Post Care in US?

Honestly I think your PCP can do most of your follow ups with no issues as long as they know you have been sleeved. I can tell you that the post op visits I had with my surgeon were nothing earth shattering. Weigh ins, asking how I felt, and that was that. I asked my PCP to run my blood work since everyone on here kept talking about it.

I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Scott
    Surgery date
    08/07/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. C Rodriguez Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Surgery in Mexico. Is it difficult to find a doctor to do Post Care in US?

I am going at my PCP's advice to be sleeved. She is seeing me the following Monday (after I arrive home Saturday) to make sure I am doing fine. From what she has said, this sounds like it might be standard.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Talk to your PCP to see if they do sleeve follow up. Mine does, she knows all the extra blood work I need that a normal person doesn't, along with how often it should be done. I didn't go to Mexico, but was self pay, so that only covered about the first 3 months of visits and testing at the bariatric clinic following surgery.