DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    11-01-2021 08:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Was Thanked 257 Times in 184 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 11 days post surgery

HI! well its now 11 days post surgery and I am feeling good. I am still quite sore in m area of my stomach, but it doesn't stop me from getting about. I am walking all the time and have now started using very light weights for my arms. I am itching to get back to swimming. I still have 19 days of liquids only. I have made a few different soups, so that I have a different one for lunch and supper. I have also made myself a fruit smoothie with Greek yoghurt and milk to thin it out and I much prefer that to the protein shakes. I am trying all sorts of different recipes so that I don't become bored. My surgeon seems to be the strictest I have come across on this forum as most people are only on liquids for maximum of 2 weeks. I don't mind , although I dont think I am getting the required amount of protein. As for the allergy rash, that is starting to disappear since i stopped taking the clexane(heparin) injections. Its just another medicine to add to be long list of medicines I am allergic too. The up beat mood is also related to the glorious weather we are having in the UK at the moment, sat all afternoon with some friends in the garden, long may the summer weather continue!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 11 days post surgery

Ellie, it sounds like you have a good handle on things! Congratulations on your surgery, and feeling better. I have a long list of "no" meds -- in fact, I have a phone app called ICE on my android, and it has all of that in it and appears even on your lock screen if you have an accident.

I've had some ridiculously awful reactions to things regular people take -- and I also have a list of meds that make me literally crazy! Proactive health is so very important (but then again, I'll be 66)
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you are doing great Elllie! Yes, you are due some sunshine in the UK now! My daughter lives on the south coast and my mum and Dad are in Scotland so I have had lots of pics and videos of snow over the last few months! I was excited here in Australia but Im sure it gets wearing! The promise of spring is so beautiful in the UK and the daffodils and crocus coming up. Spring is new beginnings right?! You chose a very apt time to have your surgery Elllie! You are doing great :-)

6. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    04/09/2018
    Surgeon
    Roy Cobean MD
    Last Activity
    02-16-2021 08:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi elllie, I'm glad you are coming along. I am starting soft foods tomorrow and just went shopping to get me started. Your doctor is very strict, huh? But he may be a firm believer in the healing properties of liquids for longer. It seems like you are making the best of it with some good concoctions so you don't get bored. You are doing really well, enjoy your warm spring weather!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Yay Ellie! So glad to hear you are starting to feel better. It will continue to get easier and easier from here. I would start swimming. I don't think it will hurt you. Just listen to your body. I know my doctor said listening to my body was crucial to determining when I could exercise and how much.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    Yay Ellie! So glad to hear you are starting to feel better. It will continue to get easier and easier from here. I would start swimming. I don't think it will hurt you. Just listen to your body. I know my doctor said listening to my body was crucial to determining when I could exercise and how much.
    HI Christie, thanks for the support and information. Unfortunately I have been told by my doctor I am not allowed to swim for at least 4 weeks. I will just have to wait until I have been given the go ahead. I will just continue to walk and do hand weights for my arms at home until I can get back to swimming and tennis and the gym.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sealover View Post
    Hi elllie, I'm glad you are coming along. I am starting soft foods tomorrow and just went shopping to get me started. Your doctor is very strict, huh? But he may be a firm believer in the healing properties of liquids for longer. It seems like you are making the best of it with some good concoctions so you don't get bored. You are doing really well, enjoy your warm spring weather!
    HI Sealover, Well done on your achievements so far. You are very lucky to be starting on soft foods. Yes I have a very strict doctor, but I will get through it. I have to say I am not hungry at all, however I would like to eat some food instead of drinking it. I don't think I am getting the required amount of protein, but hey ho it will have to do.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03 View Post
    Sounds like you are doing great Elllie! Yes, you are due some sunshine in the UK now! My daughter lives on the south coast and my mum and Dad are in Scotland so I have had lots of pics and videos of snow over the last few months! I was excited here in Australia but Im sure it gets wearing! The promise of spring is so beautiful in the UK and the daffodils and crocus coming up. Spring is new beginnings right?! You chose a very apt time to have your surgery Elllie! You are doing great :-)
    HI Edie
    Thanks for you support and advice. You are my inspiration and when I am feeling like why? i look at your photos and loss number s and it keeps me going. Spring and summer are definitely the easiest time to follow this strict plan, as you don't eat for comfort. Unfortunately it looks like we are about to have another cold spell, but hopefully that will be the last of it. I am an ex South African and I need the heat and warmth of a hot summer. x

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG View Post
    Ellie, it sounds like you have a good handle on things! Congratulations on your surgery, and feeling better. I have a long list of "no" meds -- in fact, I have a phone app called ICE on my android, and it has all of that in it and appears even on your lock screen if you have an accident.

I've had some ridiculously awful reactions to things regular people take -- and I also have a list of meds that make me literally crazy! Proactive health is so very important (but then again, I'll be 66)
    HI Annie

Thanks for your support and information. I am going to look into the app for android because I think it is a good thing to have. I have had allergies most of my life, but as I am getting older and entering the menopause I seem to be allergic to allot more things. ( I am 51) :0

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elllie View Post
    HI Edie
    Thanks for you support and advice. You are my inspiration and when I am feeling like why? i look at your photos and loss number s and it keeps me going. Spring and summer are definitely the easiest time to follow this strict plan, as you don't eat for comfort. Unfortunately it looks like we are about to have another cold spell, but hopefully that will be the last of it. I am an ex South African and I need the heat and warmth of a hot summer. x
    Thats so lovely of you to say Elllie. I know you are going to do so well. It will be amazing to look back in a year! Boo to the cold spell and yes, the spring and summer are easier in the UK. I used to love dumplings in the winter or anything with gravey!!!!!! Sophie Dahl has a lovely seasons book for recipes. I adore her x