Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-04-2018 02:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Smile Hate waiting

Good morning everyone!! I decided I wanted to looking into the gastric sleeve about 6 months ago, after going to a doctor and doing a bunch of testing I was told by my insurance they will not cover it. So then I started looking into Mexico. I am very nervous for many different reasons but I really just want to get the ball rolling and actually start living a new healthy life. I am tired of the yo-yo dieting and trying different diets in general that don't work, I have tried everything under the sun. I am tired of going to stores and not buying clothes because nothing fits. I am going to be an Aunt in September and right now to think about running around with a little kid would not happen. A good friend of mine was offering to go with me when I have the surgery but I am thinking of maybe changing my surgery date and going alone. Has anyone gone alone and been ok? Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Have a great day!

2. The following 18 users said welcome mmoser821 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/09/2017
    Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-12-2018 04:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hate waiting

Hello,

I went alone. It was great. They were very kind at the hospital and then I was put in a room after surgery and the ladies were great. Back at the hotel I shared a room with a young woman that was so great and over a year later we are still friends. The nurses at the hotel were great. I was really ok going through he airport on my way home. I was tired but I was OK. I had some hot water and bullion while I waited for my plane and I slept on the way back it was ok. You will be well taken care of while you are in Mexico.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome Meghan. I have seen a lot of people go to Mexico alone. They often come back having made friends while there. I say the sooner the better. It is amazing to get this new lease on life.

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-25-2018 09:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmoser821 View Post
    Good morning everyone!! I decided I wanted to looking into the gastric sleeve about 6 months ago, after going to a doctor and doing a bunch of testing I was told by my insurance they will not cover it. So then I started looking into Mexico. I am very nervous for many different reasons but I really just want to get the ball rolling and actually start living a new healthy life. I am tired of the yo-yo dieting and trying different diets in general that don't work, I have tried everything under the sun. I am tired of going to stores and not buying clothes because nothing fits. I am going to be an Aunt in September and right now to think about running around with a little kid would not happen. A good friend of mine was offering to go with me when I have the surgery but I am thinking of maybe changing my surgery date and going alone. Has anyone gone alone and been ok? Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Have a great day!
    Hey so good luck on a fast and speedy recovery me and my friend jessica are going to be having out gastric sleeve done next July 24, 2019.