Last Activity
    06-22-2023 07:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 388 Times in 276 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Breast lift with augmentation

received_10215548784940715.jpeg

I had my consultation today for my breast lift with augmentation. It did not go as I had hoped. I had this same consultation almost 3 years ago, and was not pleased with the doctor telling me that he would only do it in two separate surgeries. I specifically talked about this on the phone before scheduling this consultation, and telling them I did not want two surgeries. Welp, here I am in the same situation with another doctor saying that it needs to be a two step process. I am so bummed. This doctor has a 5 out of 5 rating, and I've seen his work up close and personal, so I'm just going to trust he knows what he's talking about despite my disappointment over the situation. My breasts are in just in too bad of shape for one surgery, and I'm too thin to risk it according to him. How the hell did that happen!? Did I mention that I'm bummed? I'm so so bummed. I was really excited, so so excited. I'm not excited anymore. Anyway, first surgery is April 5th. Maybe I'll get excited again.

Oh, and this procedure is going to cost more than my VSG. Ugh!! If I had just stayed fat insurance would have covered a breast reduction and I'd have saved 10k on the VSG and over 10k on the boobs. Grrrrrr!!
    No pre-op diet
    Day of surgery 11/4/14: 5'4" 213lbs
    1 month: 187
    2 months: 171
    3 months: 155
    4 months: 148
    5 months: 142
    6 months: 136
    7 months: 131
    8 months: 125
    9 months: 120
    10 months: 114
    11 months: 111
    1 year: 109
    1.5 years: 105
    2 years: 108
    2.5 years: 102
    3 years: 113
    4 years: 115
    5 years: 115
    6 years: 117

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Breast lift with augmentation

I am so sorry things did not work out for you the way that you wanted.
    I have never heard of a two-way procedure like this.
    What exactly are the different steps that are taken?
    And why?
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

4. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

One surgery would sure be better than two! I'd rather go through the pain one time. So sorry. Hope you are thrilled with the results once it's all over.

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Keep us posted with how it goes.

Name
    Katrina
    Surgery date
    11/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Borland
    Last Activity
    06-22-2023 07:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 388 Times in 276 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

I was so disheartened by him telling me that I needed two surgeries that I mostly zoned out after hearing. I had to get a lot of the information from my husband, and he said he truly believes the doctor has my best interest in mind. I have grade 3 ptosis (sag) which is the worst there is. He says that as far as he has to move my nipples up to the proper location, there is a greater chance of losing the blood supply. We want to take every precaution we can to not lose any blood flow, and adding an implant at the same time is a risk.

I wish I had never even told him I had bariatric surgery. He made such a big deal out of it. Like that was the whole reason my breasts look the way they do. Uh, no, dude. They've always pointed to the floor. They were a 34DDD when I was a 120lb 13 year old. They were busting out of an H when I was bigger. They are in a 32DD now. They have ALWAYS been awful. Obviously, losing 100lbs didn't help them, but they were always terrible. It was really annoying how they acted about me having had VSG. The nurse - "oh, well we're going to have to get some special lab work since you've had bariatric surgery." Maybe I'm just being sensitive. It's just they wouldn't have known shit if I didn't tell them and then suddenly it's a big deal when I did tell them. They sent me a whole booklet they typed up about how nutrition is SO important and how I'm going to need to eat SO much more food and focus on healthy proteins. Whoa! Slow your roll. I am a fucking pro at this. Get off my ass!
    No pre-op diet
    Day of surgery 11/4/14: 5'4" 213lbs
    1 month: 187
    2 months: 171
    3 months: 155
    4 months: 148
    5 months: 142
    6 months: 136
    7 months: 131
    8 months: 125
    9 months: 120
    10 months: 114
    11 months: 111
    1 year: 109
    1.5 years: 105
    2 years: 108
    2.5 years: 102
    3 years: 113
    4 years: 115
    5 years: 115
    6 years: 117

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

That is sooo patronising!
    That would piss me off too.

But thanks for the explanation.
    I hope everything goes well for you and that the results are verything you hope for.
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    received_10215548784940715.jpeg

I had my consultation today for my breast lift with augmentation. It did not go as I had hoped. I had this same consultation almost 3 years ago, and was not pleased with the doctor telling me that he would only do it in two separate surgeries. I specifically talked about this on the phone before scheduling this consultation, and telling them I did not want two surgeries. Welp, here I am in the same situation with another doctor saying that it needs to be a two step process. I am so bummed. This doctor has a 5 out of 5 rating, and I've seen his work up close and personal, so I'm just going to trust he knows what he's talking about despite my disappointment over the situation. My breasts are in just in too bad of shape for one surgery, and I'm too thin to risk it according to him. How the hell did that happen!? Did I mention that I'm bummed? I'm so so bummed. I was really excited, so so excited. I'm not excited anymore. Anyway, first surgery is April 5th. Maybe I'll get excited again.

Oh, and this procedure is going to cost more than my VSG. Ugh!! If I had just stayed fat insurance would have covered a breast reduction and I'd have saved 10k on the VSG and over 10k on the boobs. Grrrrrr!!
    I had breast cancer, so while I had the "hike them up", I ended up with a double mastectomy. Thin skin was a serious issue as it deters healing substantially, and you can have necrosis, which is very bad (like anything ending in "is").

That said, they were able to do expanders; not sure how familiar you are with that, but they put them in and gradually, over about 6 weeks, "inflate" them with water to the size you & dr agree to.

Then they put in your "foobs" (fake boobs for those of us whose originals tried to kill us).

They use a natural "underwire" to assist the thin skin; its an autologous material from cadavers, but your DNA eventually takes it over. It is not uncomfortable since its just skin under your other skin, and it keeps the girls up after the foobs.

PM me if you have any questions, but do ask for very complete details from your PS. It sounds like you have a good one, because doing what we want is not always medically sound, and if they are more concerned about YOU than the money, you're in good hands.

Best!
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

11. Said thanks: