Dr. Felix
    Last Activity
    06-20-2023 02:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 80 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Denied

Do you get nerve spasms like crazy after physical trauma like that? My friend does, and sometimes it sounds like those are worse than the pain would have been.

I got my referral. I'm waiting for the scheduler to call me back. I can hardly believe it....

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Kristi7928's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    09/27/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    04-17-2022 02:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 134 Times in 78 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I more or less jerk or kick - I don't have constant spasms. I velcro my feet to the chair. I get industrial strength velcro and they don't budge.

Right now I am having a little melt down - shoes are not fitting my feet. Not even WW. I don't know if they are just getting wider as I wear these ugly multi podus boots, but someone who loves boots and booties and can't wait to get back into them is making me sad. I sure hope my feet shrink with weight loss surgery. I miss my boots!

Got some Genepro - going to try it with Crystal Light. We shall see if it's tasteless - that 30 grams of protein would be nice to get in liquid form other than a protein shake.

Good luck at your consult!
    HW: 245.4 SW: 243 CW: 160 GW: 135

Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    09/27/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times

Tomorrow, May 15th is the restart of this journey. May 15th is my late grandpa's birthday. He would have been 86. Though I am sad he won't get to see the end result I know he always wanted the best for me. When I first got sick with Lupus he called my dad and asked if we had any real doctors here. Mind you my dad grew up in Rochester, MN home of the Mayo Clinic. His fears were rested when he and my grandma came down when I was in ICU and he got to meet some of my docs - most not with my any longer. I was and will always will be a grandpa's girl. <3

I started a new MFP account with a clean slate. Tomorrow - I hope there is a bed scale. I'll find out tomorrow if I get IVs. I got the bone scan results back, but can't tell what from what in the Sanford app. If I go on IVs that's at least 6 weeks. It will take me out of wheelchair lacrosse. Can't risk getting hit in the chest with a needle sticking out of me. I'm will be bummed if I miss it - it's a really good workout.

The current IVs leave a nasty taste in my mouth. Jolly Ranchers have been some relief. A little nauseous, but not too bad.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. Felix
    Last Activity
    06-20-2023 02:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 80 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

I hope you got some good news today. Hopefully something went well for you.

MFP is really hard for me to stick with, and I think part of that is probably because my life is chaos. I don't eat at the same time every day, or even close. Sometimes I have to rush back from lunch because I'm already working again.

Have you heard back about the results?

Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    09/27/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times

The good news is I am not on IVs. Switched the Keflex for Zyvox (sp). I do have a bone infection in my left foot it seems. Doesn't seem to have too many side effects, but if I feel sick I am just supposed to call in. The Zyvox does have a drug interaction with the Amrix I take for the tightness in my shoulders. Stopping that for baclofen. A muscle relaxer I weened off of years ago. Was thinking of asking to go back on it due to the tightness in my legs.

I was able to weigh at the infusion center. I feel bad - they have to remake the bed once someone uses it. On the plus side - it's easier to access my port when I am laying down do to my boobage area. I did get a really cute new male nurse who was filling in since all my nurses are popping out babies. Wound Clinic and Infusion are practically family as much as I see these people. I even have one nurse tell a doctor that. <3

Playing phone tag with Medicaid. I'm going through the month of May and then I am going to stop fighting. I will figure out how to pay for it and hope and pray nothing costly happens in my life for awhile. My boss even offered to write a letter to Medicaid. He drives me crazy sometimes, but he really does care about my well being.

My friend who started this process in March just got the call today she's approved and waiting for a surgery date. Jealous since I told her about it and she tried to talk me out of it when I was considering it last year.

Hope everyone else is well. I have a fishing trip next Thursday and Friday and cannot wait to book it to the Missouri River. It's supposed to be in the 80s so happy it will not be cold this year and we catch a bunch of keepers. I don't eat them, but it is so fun!!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about the infection. Still praying that you get your approval. And score on the cute male nurse!

Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    09/27/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times

Medicaid called today. It's not looking good. She suggested I postpone the hearing again and wait until I have my fourth appointment.

Based on what she said there isn't enough medical records to prove my arms are weight bearing as I don't have them treated regularly. PT signed off in Janaury and said I made adjustments to my chair so now I guess they are miraculously cured. I'm in pain daily, and take a time releasing muscle relaxer daily, but I don't go to the doc for every pain I have. If I did I would be at the doc daily.

I did call her out on the attorney calling me and stating "I fully believe you need this surgery, but you are going to lose" and I think i caught her off guard with that. I am calling the hearing people on Monday and when they ask why I am postponing AGAIN I am telling them THIS and that Nikki suggested it as well.

I'm stressed. My hair is coming out more than normal. I almost started crying when talking to Nikki today. She's just so negative. Did demand again the peer to peer as my right as a patient. She kept talking about waisting time and I am like - four extra appointments is not only a waist of my time but my docs time when he stated I got better help with a nut and health coach. She said it won't change anything. I beg to differ.

Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    09/27/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times

After talking with my dad I decided to suck it up and NOT postpone my hearing for a third time. We had a good talk and he is one of my witnesses and I have very good doctor statements and photos along with some good medical documents. Dad and I are going on a fishing trip so we will have 2 hours each way to plan and strategize for the best possible hearing. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst. The back and forth with Medicaid over my arms and scale is beginning to be very stressful on me.

One of my best friend's started the process in March and already has a surgery date. While I am happy for, I am also jealous. She tried to talk me out of this last year when I first considered it. Hoping I have a July or August date as well.

Would appreciate all the good vibes for my upcoming hearing. Thanks!

I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/12/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Chandra Hassan
    Last Activity
    11-04-2018 09:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 425 Times
    Blog Entries

Kristi7928 sending prayers and good vibes your way for your upcoming hearing.

12. Said thanks:

Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    09/27/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times

I've typed up a sheet of notes for the hearing on Thursday. I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I'm just wanting it all to be done. Hoping for a July surgery date no matter what route I take. Emailed my surgeon's nurse with an update as well so we can book me ASAP.

I got a new caregiver today and guess what - she has had WLS! She's an itty bitty 130 pounds. She lost over 130 pounds in less than a year so I will be asking her lots of questions as I get to know her. They are trying to get her here four times a week with some juggling of schedules. That 6:30 AM time is not a favorite of many. Heck I don't like it, but I like getting a paycheck more than I do sleep. It'll be nice to have her especially right after surgery. She also has worked in nursing homes, etc. most of her life. She got my compression socks on like they were nothing. I was quite surprised.

I hate that it has taken so long, but maybe this was meant to be. I just hope I don't lose my cool or start bawling on Thursday. Deep breaths.

14. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Hooray for a good aide! I'll be on retreat Thursday, but you'll be in my prayers for the hearing.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi7928 View Post
    I've typed up a sheet of notes for the hearing on Thursday. I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I'm just wanting it all to be done. Hoping for a July surgery date no matter what route I take. Emailed my surgeon's nurse with an update as well so we can book me ASAP.

I got a new caregiver today and guess what - she has had WLS! She's an itty bitty 130 pounds. She lost over 130 pounds in less than a year so I will be asking her lots of questions as I get to know her. They are trying to get her here four times a week with some juggling of schedules. That 6:30 AM time is not a favorite of many. Heck I don't like it, but I like getting a paycheck more than I do sleep. It'll be nice to have her especially right after surgery. She also has worked in nursing homes, etc. most of her life. She got my compression socks on like they were nothing. I was quite surprised.

I hate that it has taken so long, but maybe this was meant to be. I just hope I don't lose my cool or start bawling on Thursday. Deep breaths.
    New caregiver who has had WLS. Maybe it's a sign?! You're still in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted Kristi.

18. Said thanks:

Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    09/27/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times

Enjoy your retreat Annie!! I'll have an email probably waiting for you when you get back.

20. Said thanks:

Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    09/27/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    New caregiver who has had WLS. Maybe it's a sign?! You're still in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted Kristi.

Quite possibly. All of you have been wonderful with advice and my best friend and I will have close dates, but nice to have someone else as a sounding board. She'll help me get on my scale at home and hopefully will have some good tips. I anticipate I will lose slower do to not a lot of movement. I plan on boxing or SkiErg when I am cleared to exercise and to wheel for gas pains. I don't know if it will help or not. Hopefully, I don't have too many. I hope they next couple of days fly by. And I have answers quickly. Whatever the outcome.

22. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi7928 View Post
    Enjoy your retreat Annie!! I'll have an email probably waiting for you when you get back.
    Picture me on a silent retreat! The difficult part! I need a lovely break. I'm looking forward to that email with all good news.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast