01/03/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Lam
    Last Activity
    12-26-2018 03:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Default Re: I need some support and thoughts here from those with experience

Quote Originally Posted by DHB View Post
    I had a very similar experience. At 6 weeks I felt like I was never going to lose again. Went on vacation so no scale and didn't want to make everyone miserable so ate what everyone else was eating, just much less and emphasized the protein. I didn't go crazy but I was eating more fats & carbs than previously. Came home and had lost 8 lbs in those 2 weeks--my entire second month's weight loss happened during the vacation weeks. So that told me that my body needed more than protein in order to lose. Still, I got nervous, went back to almost all protein and stalled again. Added in more carbs & fat & immediately started to lose again. Think I'm beginning to figure out the combo my body needs.

My personal plan is to keep up the protein but mix in some good fats and carbs more regularly. I'm trying to get up to 1,000 calories without eating poorly. (I've switched from skim to low fat Fairlife milk & added some PB powder to my shake for starters.) I've also added some good grains (quinoa) and avocado. It seems to be working.

The main thing I've learned on this forum is that there are different ways to do this and you have to figure out what works for you. It may be different than anyone else.
    Yes, I guess it is a matter of trial and error to see what works for MY body - just so scared of gaining as I figure this out! I am going to try upping the protein again and see where that takes me. And I remember one week a while ago (before surgery) where I had more carbs (bit still limited) and I actually lost that week, so maybe I will add a few more good carbs also. I will try one thing at a time tho"

Or maybe I just need a 2 week vacation to a warmer clime to lose weight! It seemed to have worked for you!

2. Said thanks:

DHB

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member dancingdebora's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Debora Gordon
    Surgery date
    01/03/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Lam
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2 View Post
    Thank you, You may have some big numbers or you may have smaller numbers but thats ok too. I only had two months of big numbers then they slowed down and it still adds up to a lot. plus youll have times were the inches will add up too. I started at a higher number than you and the higher the number the faster in the beginning youll loose. Doesn’t mean you won’t succeed. After my first two months it was like 8lbs,10lbs,11lbs,7lbs,12lbs ect. I had surgery 11-3-17 went from 153 to 145 I was sick and only consuming protein drinks then went up to 155 when I started introducing food, then when I could exercise again my weight went back down to 145 with bigger inches lossed then when i first hit 145. Hope Ive been able to help or encourage you. Hang in there your really doing good.
    Thank you!

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dancingdebora View Post
    Thank you!
    Your Welcome. Let us know how it goes.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Debora, You're only 6 weeks out sweetie and I think we all feel a little worried at that stage. I have just been gung ho and tried to ignore my weight loss but I have certainly stepped on the scale and felt frustrated at times. As confident and positive as we try to be there is always that niggling question somewhere of 'what if i don't loose weight' because we have had such struggles in the past. But you will, of course you will! But we are emotional creatures and sometimes worry regardless! Big hugs. It's going to be fine x

Gastric Sleeve Member dancingdebora's Avatar
    Name
    Debora Gordon
    Surgery date
    01/03/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Lam
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03 View Post
    Hi Debora, You're only 6 weeks out sweetie and I think we all feel a little worried at that stage. I have just been gung ho and tried to ignore my weight loss but I have certainly stepped on the scale and felt frustrated at times. As confident and positive as we try to be there is always that niggling question somewhere of 'what if i don't loose weight' because we have had such struggles in the past. But you will, of course you will! But we are emotional creatures and sometimes worry regardless! Big hugs. It's going to be fine x
    Thanks Edie! Ya, it just feels very precarious right now but I know this is just a blip...

BTW do you still want a photo of my Newf - I love to show him off! How do I send it to you? Can photos be uploaded here (I guess so, given all the amazing before and after photos!)

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Just relax and follow the program. You will lose. And like everyone has said, most likely you are losing inches. Just try to breathe. Stressing isn't going to help. I would suggest focusing on protein and veggies and staying hydrated. I limited my carbs until I was almost to goal.

10. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Stalls can happen anytime, very common. It sounds like you are doing everything right to me! If it bothers you, hide your scale. Some things just don't make much sense, but happen.

I weighed myself every Monday and journaled it. Most weeks I lost, but some weeks I stayed the same or gained. I was very careful about following every rule, so why I stayed the same or gained some weeks, who knows. But who cares, as I lost all my weight and kept it off.

12. Said thanks:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12