Surgeon
    Grimaldi
    Last Activity
    07-12-2018 07:14 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Good morning!!!

So, I decided a while back that i was planning on losing weight, started keto diet did well for about 5-6 months, then life turned upside down and i gained it all back+ some... I decided to go back to keto Jan 1st, and lost only 5 lbs, i was discouraged and broken down... Ive tried every diet under the sun with pcos and never can lose more than 30 lbs and then come to a complete halt, excercise and all.
    So when i found out my income tax amount i thought, ya know what im gonna do this for myself, since my bestfriend got it done 18 mnths ago and has lost 120 lbs.
    dr opinion my ideal weight is 100 lbs less than i am now, so i figured what the hey, ill go for it and act like i dont have that income tax money. 2 days ago i really considered it, talked to my boss (who is my best friends mom) and my best friend and my boyfriend and they were so incredibly supportive. Hooked me up with Omar, who is the coordinator... I messaged him, told him a little bit about myself, filled out a 4 page questionaire and within hours, I WAS APPROVED. i couldn't believe it. My whole life is gonna change.
    Of course, my FAT brain is telling me "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY ON YOURSELF?"
    I of course felt guilty... i wanted to purge out and punish myself for thinking a.) i can get skinny and b.) that i would do that, when i could spend that money on more important things... well what the heck is more important than my health?!
    what good is it gonna do if im slowly killing myself right now anyways.
    ive checked plane prices, what i need to pack, etc. Ive watched close to 100 videos on peoples "10 things i wish i wouldve known" to how the operation is performed. -- at this point, i could probably do the surgery myself. LMAO jk!
    ive told a few people. 2 sisters, 1 of which was EXTREMELY SUPPORTIVE and the other (the one who calls me a fat a** b**** everytime she wants to hurt my feelings) she was incredibly doubtful and not very supportive. MY MOTHER, who is a crazy nut, god love her, who is very supportive of everything i chose in life.and 3 close friends, besides my best friend of course, and there was only one that gave negative feed back.
    it's like my thoughts are mixed with peoples negativity... like honestly, what good will i be, if i continue down this path and cant walk or move? im 28 and already at the point that it HURTS when i sit down, lay down, walk, etc, i will no longer continue this life path ANY LONGER.
    sorry i need some positive feedback this morning. just hating that people cant be supportive of a life changing event for the better for me, when im there for everyone else....

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/23/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ewing
    Last Activity
    10-10-2018 06:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 78 Times
    Was Thanked 194 Times in 158 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 259 Times

Default Re: Good morning!!!

You have to do what you feel is right for you. Only you can make that decision. Getting the VSG was the best decision that I made. I did it for me to deal with my issues. But you have to remember it’s a toll and you have to still watch what you are eating.

Blessings!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Rahul Singh
    Last Activity
    02-28-2018 10:09 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Sweetheart it's your money and you will be saving yourself so much by getting it done. You will be happier and stress free which will in turn better your quality of life. Life is too short to worry about negative naysayers!! You will have so much support here in this forum and you will be able to help someone else who may struggle with why to spend this much money on yourself. You got this and I'm proud of you for investing in yourself and your future. Many Blessings...feel free to reach out to me anytime!!

Gastric Sleeve Member bianca_g_h's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Bianca
    Surgery date
    04/05/2018
    Surgeon
    Grimaldi
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

thank you so much guys, i needed that little boost of support this morning.
    I just feel guilty? Did yall feel like that?

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

Nope.
    I don't do "guilt".
    I did this to be healthier and to enjoy life more.
    And when I feel healthier, fitter and better, everybody around me benefits.
    Choosing to be healthier should never be a guilt trip...
    You are doing the best thing for yourself!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Bianca
    Surgery date
    04/05/2018
    Surgeon
    Grimaldi
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

**excuse me for my language**
    DAMN RIGHT!!! THANK YOU! i wish i had that mentality...
    My boss this morning said.... Bianca, your energy and stress is bothering me, i was sitting at my desk thinking about souvenirs to get my family when i go... lol i just thought what do you mean? im not even stressing right this second lol

Gastric Sleeve Member WandaGettinFit4life's Avatar
    Name
    Wanda
    Surgery date
    06/19/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Hernandez
    Last Activity
    06-06-2019 12:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bianca_g_h View Post
    So, I decided a while back that i was planning on losing weight, started keto diet did well for about 5-6 months, then life turned upside down and i gained it all back+ some... I decided to go back to keto Jan 1st, and lost only 5 lbs, i was discouraged and broken down... Ive tried every diet under the sun with pcos and never can lose more than 30 lbs and then come to a complete halt, excercise and all.
    So when i found out my income tax amount i thought, ya know what im gonna do this for myself, since my bestfriend got it done 18 mnths ago and has lost 120 lbs.
    dr opinion my ideal weight is 100 lbs less than i am now, so i figured what the hey, ill go for it and act like i dont have that income tax money. 2 days ago i really considered it, talked to my boss (who is my best friends mom) and my best friend and my boyfriend and they were so incredibly supportive. Hooked me up with Omar, who is the coordinator... I messaged him, told him a little bit about myself, filled out a 4 page questionaire and within hours, I WAS APPROVED. i couldn't believe it. My whole life is gonna change.
    Of course, my FAT brain is telling me "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY ON YOURSELF?"
    I of course felt guilty... i wanted to purge out and punish myself for thinking a.) i can get skinny and b.) that i would do that, when i could spend that money on more important things... well what the heck is more important than my health?!
    what good is it gonna do if im slowly killing myself right now anyways.
    ive checked plane prices, what i need to pack, etc. Ive watched close to 100 videos on peoples "10 things i wish i wouldve known" to how the operation is performed. -- at this point, i could probably do the surgery myself. LMAO jk!
    ive told a few people. 2 sisters, 1 of which was EXTREMELY SUPPORTIVE and the other (the one who calls me a fat a** b**** everytime she wants to hurt my feelings) she was incredibly doubtful and not very supportive. MY MOTHER, who is a crazy nut, god love her, who is very supportive of everything i chose in life.and 3 close friends, besides my best friend of course, and there was only one that gave negative feed back.
    it's like my thoughts are mixed with peoples negativity... like honestly, what good will i be, if i continue down this path and cant walk or move? im 28 and already at the point that it HURTS when i sit down, lay down, walk, etc, i will no longer continue this life path ANY LONGER.
    sorry i need some positive feedback this morning. just hating that people cant be supportive of a life changing event for the better for me, when im there for everyone else....
    That happened to me last year. I thought it would be totally selfish to spend my whole income tax on surgery. I regretted not doing it. I'm going for it this year! You deserve all that you can give yourself and a better life is not being selfish. Go for it!

Name
    Dale
    Surgery date
    11/14/2017
    Surgeon
    Kathrine Lamond
    Last Activity
    03-18-2019 09:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 615 Times
    Was Thanked 416 Times in 264 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 141 Times

You will save so much money on food after you are sleeved. Really. And I'm shopping in my own closet these days and giving away or selling my "big clothes" on eBay. So tell the naysayers that you will be saving money.

Seriously, I'd be selective about who you tell. If you haven't had this procedure it's pretty hard to understand. I know I was judgey about it a few years ago myself. It's your money, your life & your future. You will be so very happy you did it.

Beginning weight: 265
    Weight at surgery: 255
    M1: 240 (-15)
    M2: 232(-8)
    M3: 227 (-5)
    M4: 221 (-6)
    M5: 215 (-6)
    M6: 210 (-5)

Gastric Sleeve Member simplyseahorse's Avatar
    Surgery date
    06/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Motamarry
    Last Activity
    10-17-2019 08:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 90 Times
    Was Thanked 126 Times in 95 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 735 Times
    Blog Entries

Haha Dale - shopping in my own closet is something I look forward to myself! And I was just thinking that I will be saving some money because after all, I won't be eating much! I will probably want more new clothes though as time goes on.

I am a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist but I have never practiced in the areas of bariatrics or weight loss. I am happy to offer ideas or tips, but please follow your own Nutritionist's advice - she is the expert in the area.

Name
    Bianca
    Surgery date
    04/05/2018
    Surgeon
    Grimaldi
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

all my clothes are pretty baggy as it is now, im very conservative most of the time because ive been ashamed of my fat for so long... So it will be nice to get some cute womens cut tops and cute jeans and such.

Name
    Wanda
    Surgery date
    06/19/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Hernandez
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

I gotta stop just grabbing a 3X out of habbit! Trying on clothes is still not fun but Im definately not in 3X or 24 anymore.

Name
    Bianca
    Surgery date
    04/05/2018
    Surgeon
    Grimaldi
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

right now im in a 16, 1x-2x... i really would just flip out if i got to a 4-8 size.

Name
    Wanda
    Surgery date
    06/19/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Hernandez
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

My goal is 12/14 if it gets better than that great. I started at a 62 inch waist! I'm Soo ready to move forward.

Name
    Bianca
    Surgery date
    04/05/2018
    Surgeon
    Grimaldi
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

wow!!Im sure you will jump for joy when it happens, we are in this together!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Bianca forget the negative people and throw their opinions in the trash. You are worth the $ you will spend and you are going to get your healthy back. I say go for it and enjoy your journey to a healthy new you!!