04/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Miss Chang
    Last Activity
    08-03-2016 11:51 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 50 Times in 19 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times

Default Re: Cosmetic Surgery after WLS - How many feel they it's needed? Wanted?

Hi all...Has anyone been to or heard or "Revitalize in Turkey". They specialize in plastic/cosmetic surgery etc...
    If you or anyone you know has used them, then please let me know...they are really, really cheap and do great package deals.

Many thanks, love Mandy x

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member BigChicken's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Terry Pinson
    Last Activity
    12-25-2012 07:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 199 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cosmetic Surgery after WLS - How many feel they it's needed? Wanted?

I will have to have a tummy tuck, I have a pretty big apron that I hate so much and I can just guess what it will look like without the fat in there draping down and I joke, I will just get me a ton of spanxs. Just tuck it in like a shirt tail. I am pretty worried what it will look like if I hate it now.
    We are all in this boat together, If we do not row it will sink! So, We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well, and live. From the movie Ben Hur.

Gastric Sleeve Member Dee Leshuz's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 579 Times in 506 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times

I don't know anything about surgery in Turkey, but if you live in the US it's gotta be cheaper to go to Mexico or the Dominican Republic-there are a number of talented people who will do surgeries for a third of the price you'd pay here.

If you live in the UK or elsewhere in Europe Turkey might work, I dunno.
    Starting weight: 255
    Pre-op weight: 228
    Surgery date: 3/14/2012

Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times

I checked them out and while their website is nice I would ask to speak to former patients and doctors to make sure they're on the up and up, you don't want any problems. Since you're in the UK I'd also consider Poland with the same precautions. These makeover travel agencies can work and be legitimate but you want to be 100% sure.

If you don't mind the long, expensive flight you can go to known doctors in Mexico that are tried and true and you'd pay about the same or a little more or less in some cases without having to go through an agency. Here's how the USD/Euro are stacking up:

EURUSD Spot Exchange Rate - Price of 1 EUR in USD (EURUSD:IND) Index Performance - Bloomberg

Angel, where is the forum you read reviews about Dr. Lara? I'd like to read them, too.

Good luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member BLACBroome2007's Avatar
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/07/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Yong Choi
    Last Activity
    05-11-2013 08:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I'm doing pretty good so far. I won't NEED a tummy tuck, but I'll probably get one because I'll want one. I do know I was a lift...I've wanted that since my first son was born. LOL The only place I'm a little worried about is my upper arms. I may have a little lipo to thin them out further after I'm done losing weight.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member jazziejasmine's Avatar
    Name
    Ann Marie
    Surgery date
    02/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-22-2014 05:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 20 Times
    Blog Entries

That has been part of my reason for being "on the fence" is the thought of having to have skin removed. I don't want to go through all the pain and expense to lose weight, just to have to go through it again to remove old skin. I realize that there are a lot of advantages to the surgeries in the first place - to be healthy and look better but I'm so worried about infection, time spent in hospitals and the money (again). I would love to hear someone actually say that after losing 100 lbs through vertical sleeve surgery that skin removal surgery wasn't required.

Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times

Personally I have health problems and hauling all this weight around is tough so I'll be happy to see that go. Not looking forward to PS per se but definitely looking forward to the results afterwards!

Gastric Sleeve Member ranchersdaughter's Avatar
    Surgery date
    04/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-11-2012 09:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 229 Times
    Was Thanked 193 Times in 98 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 251 Times

Am I the only one who will not reach goal weight without skin removal???? I have been at 145 lbs for 3 months, no fluctuation, no deviation
    . So Im assuming that the only way to lose the last 15-20 lbs is a tummy tuck, thigh and butt lift????? Anyone else in this position with me??????

Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times

I'd think you'd need to go to a plastic surgeon for a consultation even if you don't plan to have surgery with them and ask them how many lbs. of skin they think you have...otherwise you could just be on a long stall, which, while it sucks, does happen.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Her Moojesty
    Surgery date
    11/14/2011
    Surgeon
    Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-24-2012 08:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

I had a face lift, an UPPER face lift, right before my sleeve. I put off doing the lower half of my face, because I figured I would have REALLY saggy jowls after losing a lot of weight. However, my face has really thinned out, and for some reason (I'm not complaining, believe me) the jowls I used to have are nearly gone! No kidding! I don't think I am going to need the bottom half done after all. Maybe a little resurfacing around the mouth to get rid of lines, but not the whole big surgery thing. So, now I can take that $12,000 I will be saving and get a tummy tuck. I am going to need that, for sure. I've only lost 30 some pounds in the 2 months since my sleeve, and I already have the empty, flacid apron puddling around my hips. Grosssss. I'm not having it done in Mexico, because I saw several women, post op tummy tuck, while I was at Dr. Almanza's, and they were in total agony for days on end. They cut your narcotic pain meds as soon as you hit the recovery house, which is the very next morning, and start giving you just anti-inflammatories for pain, which DON"T DO SQUAT. I want my pain pump and much more sanitary conditions than I had in Mexico. I am still surprised I never got a serious infection because the nurses never once wore gloves, nor did they EVER use alcohol when they spiked my IV. And they never flushed my IV once, they just jammed the needle in, and when it was plugged up and the medicine wouldn't go in, they just pushed the plunger like a fool. They could have driven the blood clot right into my bloodstream. They are dangerous. Believe me, I know what I am talking about because I am a surgical nurse and know my stuff. They don't even use IV pumps. That is simply stone age medicine. It is a miracle more people don't have serious complications. I'm done with cut rate surgeries, my health is too important. So, that tummy tuck will be happening right here in my own town. After all, all it takes is money and I thank my lucky stars that I have enough. One of the advantages of being "older."
    Her Moojesty
    Her Moojesty

Name
    Cheryl
    Surgery date
    04/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-14-2017 01:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 216 Times
    Was Thanked 374 Times in 244 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 291 Times

I am considering a tummy tuck mostly. I still have decent size chest (from 38E to 34DD) and while they're a little deflated, I can get by with a push up bra. The apron though, I hate it and frequently obsess over the excess skin puckered up on my lower abdomen. I'm 7 lbs from my ultimate goal although I may not end up there as the weight is still coming off relatively quickly. I may have to wait a little more to figure out where I settle before I can think about getting any cosmetics done
    Straight forward. Straight facts. Whether you like the truth or not... I'm not made of sugar coating

Check out my blog at Chronicles of a Lifetime Dieter

GOAL REACHED!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times

Thanks, Mooj, that's important info. I've heard similar things from many other plastic surgery patients from many other doctors: the pain meds just don't cut it.

I'm getting my face and breasts done here b/c 1) I can't afford for the face to look jacked and what I want is rather complicated and 2) I want a breast reduction and the breasts have a blood supply issue (previous radiation on keloids from prior surgery) which may involve losing a nipple, which I don't want to chance to anyone abroad...I want someone I trust, with the best technology which, fortunately I do have in my previous surgeon. However, I wanted to outsource the rest of the work (upper and lower body lift) to Mexico b/c I can't afford the whole (NPI) enchilada here. I just don't have an extra 50-60K. The face and breasts will knock it out of the park as it is.

As a nurse, what meds would you recommend our taking with us if we elected to have cosmetic surgery in Mexico? Vicodin, IMO, won't cut it. Percocet? Anything else we can reasonably acquire from our doctors?