11/14/2017
    Surgeon
    Kathrine Lamond
    Last Activity
    03-18-2019 09:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 615 Times
    Was Thanked 416 Times in 264 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 141 Times

Default Re: A little concerned - but maybe no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG View Post
    sraebaer shared that Premier Protein (the liquid shakes) makes a great creamer, and you get a protein & liquids. I put it in my coffee and it has helped me do better with the solids later in the day. Just a thought!
    Yes I do that! It's the solids that bog me down.

Beginning weight: 265
    Weight at surgery: 255
    M1: 240 (-15)
    M2: 232(-8)
    M3: 227 (-5)
    M4: 221 (-6)
    M5: 215 (-6)
    M6: 210 (-5)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Don't complain that you are one of the lucky ones who will hopefully breeze through this whole process! I too was able to eat. I never threw up. (When people say they just can't get in their liquids or protein, I think they're nuts). So we don't have any complications, good for us. You WILL lose weight if you are following the program and exercising. You will start to feel real restriction when you start dense foods, like meat.

Maybe you'll be like me, telling everyone how easy this whole losing all my weight thing was. I am not one of those "Oh this was so hard, the sleeve is just a tool" people. I feel "this sleeve is a miracle" and not difficult at all! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine going from an obese to a regular sized person in less than a year, and then maintaining that for almost 4 years. All the diets I was on my entire life that never worked, now THAT was hard.

4. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by DHB View Post
    Yes I do that! It's the solids that bog me down.
    And if you life near a Costco the big boxes of Premier Protein are $5 off this month.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member julieaponte's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Julie
    Surgery date
    12/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Yamamura
    Last Activity
    07-22-2019 12:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 71 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm 6 weeks out and jumped to solids (chewed really well) by 2 weeks (ok by doctor) because I was doing so well. I haven't had any issues with any foods & I can fit 1200-1400 calories per day with all my water. I try to stick to 1100-1200 calories if I can but sometimes my days will consist of salmon and avocados and such which bump that up. I felt the same way, like maybe my sleeve was too big & something went wrong but the doctor showed me the scan of my tiny sleeve & told me not to worry. The weight is still coming off well. I seem to do better when I eat more calories, all healthy of course. I'm down 49 pounds as of this morning and I feel amazing. I've been losing on average 1 lb per day but have had a few stalls where the scale doesn't move at all for days. I've learned that if I bump up my protein & healthy calories just a tad and a little more water it starts to come off again. Weird right? I read that on here with some other members and figured I'd try it and BOOM it worked. Something about our bodies being in starvation mode and needing to kick start it out of that. I haven't had any of the pains or frothing people talk about which I guess is a blessing but also made me nervous, as if maybe my sleeve was too big lol. I've come to terms with the fact that I just don't have any problems which I should just be grateful for. I won't lie, I still worry sometimes that if I don't have any symptoms will I over eat & stretch out my sleeve. I just try to make sure I eat smaller meals more frequently. I wish I had to no hungry thing that most sleevers get, but I've been hungry since day one lol. I feel best when I eat chicken for some reason. It seems to make me fuller faster than anything else so I try to eat that the most. Best of luck!!!

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member FattyGirl's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/08/2018
    Surgeon
    Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-31-2018 05:25 AM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Thank you for replying! I guess I just expected it to be much harder than it is now. And that little doubt is creeping into my mind that I won’t lose weight, because I don’t feel different yet. . I have not weighed myself this week because I am at my moms and she does not have a scale. I’ll see tomorrow how much I weigh.

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member julieaponte's Avatar
    Name
    Julie
    Surgery date
    12/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Yamamura
    Last Activity
    07-22-2019 12:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 71 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

I feel you. I was totally concerned that everything was too easy lol. I can definitely feel the difference depending on the food I eat. Chicken fill me up good, I'll throw in some veggies with that and be pretty full. I can usually eat 1 1/2 -2 thighs and still fit some veggies which was freaking me out because other people are having so much trouble getting food in. My doctor says that's great though and that I should feel thankful that I've healed so well. So that's what I'm trying to focus on. It's funny because I weigh myself every morning and on the days I eat more I always expect the scale to go up but it's still going down so must be on the right track. I'm also walking a lot and weight lifting now so the extra calories help me not to feel tired at all. Although come time for bed I crash lol. Feels great though. Keep up the good work!

Name
    Dale
    Surgery date
    11/14/2017
    Surgeon
    Kathrine Lamond
    Last Activity
    03-18-2019 09:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 615 Times
    Was Thanked 416 Times in 264 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by FattyGirl View Post
    Thank you for replying! I guess I just expected it to be much harder than it is now. And that little doubt is creeping into my mind that I won’t lose weight, because I don’t feel different yet. . I have not weighed myself this week because I am at my moms and she does not have a scale. I’ll see tomorrow how much I weigh.
    I think we all understand that feeling. We have all failed at diets over and over again so it's hard not to have those doubts. I'm still experiencing them. I probably will be for months to come. That's why it's great to have a place to share our concerns and where everyone understands. Just celebrate how much you've already lost.

Beginning weight: 265
    Weight at surgery: 255
    M1: 240 (-15)
    M2: 232(-8)
    M3: 227 (-5)
    M4: 221 (-6)
    M5: 215 (-6)
    M6: 210 (-5)

14. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Aussie Girl's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/22/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr W
    Last Activity
    08-09-2018 03:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 110 Times
    Was Thanked 105 Times in 73 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 87 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve View Post
    Here is some info:

So, talk to your surgeon about this.
    Let her/him inform you about what is best for you.

Thanks heaps Dutchsleeve, I really enjoyed reading the second link, explained it all very well

Highest Weight 128 kg
    Lap Band SW 121 kg
    Sleeve consult 126 kg
    Sleeve SW 118 kg

Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Was Thanked 245 Times in 196 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 567 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you are feeling good!! That is a big plus especially early on in the WLS process. Like what many have already said, once you start solid foods you will feel the restriction more. Everyone is different, and there is so much experience and great advice here. I wish you continued success xo