01/22/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr W
    Last Activity
    08-09-2018 03:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 110 Times
    Was Thanked 105 Times in 73 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 87 Times

Default First post - Sleeve revision in 7 days !!!

Hi everyone

First post! 7 days to go until my sleeve revision. Excited and scared all at the same time, but the thought of finally getting a handle on my weight motivates me.

My weight gain started in my mid 30's, but my biggest struggle started in my mid 40's. Now 50, about to hit menopause, sedentary and high stress/busy job.

My lapband was not successful for me, but I'll save that story for another post.

Like many I am a very successful yoyo dieter and was getting better all the time ☹

Last year I had 4 surgeries including my lap band removal (8 months ago) and more than my share of set backs (incl bloods clots and PE). This had set my surgery back by 4 months. The good news its been longer between lapband and the revision, and I am hoping will have better results as an x bander.

I am spending this week reading all your posts and getting so much out of them already. I'm so glad I found this site and all of you ☺ You have already been a tremendous help!

So thank you to you who contribute, although we all have different experiences and opinions you have kept it real for me, kept my pre-op anxiety at bay and will help support me with post op also!

Highest weight 128 kg/282 pounds (pre-band)
    Weight at surgery booking 124 kg/273 kg
    Today's weight 119 kg/ 262 pounds
    Goal weight 80 kg/176 pounds
    Height 174 cm

Highest Weight 128 kg
    Lap Band SW 121 kg
    Sleeve consult 126 kg
    Sleeve SW 118 kg

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: First post - Sleeve revision in 7 days !!!

That must be a typo, it says to today you weigh 162 pounds and your goal is 176.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member simplyseahorse's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Motamarry
    Last Activity
    10-17-2019 08:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 90 Times
    Was Thanked 126 Times in 95 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 735 Times
    Blog Entries

I was thinking the same thing! I thought, wow, I wouldn't even bother, sounds like you have met your goal! HaHa

Well, welcome - other than having the band previously, you and I are in the same ballpark with regard to age, weight and goal. Please let us know how things go - I had an insurance setback, so I am "on the bench" until April to schedule surgery. I want to be as prepared as possible, though, so I keep up with this site daily (except some weekends).

Again, welcome!

AHHH ok yes type 119 kg - 262 lb

I am a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist but I have never practiced in the areas of bariatrics or weight loss. I am happy to offer ideas or tips, but please follow your own Nutritionist's advice - she is the expert in the area.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome Aussie girl! Lots of band to sleeve revisions on here so you'll be in good company. This is a great place to be for advice, support, and just to chat with fellow sleevers in your boat.

8. Said thanks: