Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-26-2018 08:41 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Researching doctors in Mexico...hard to know

I'm researching doctors in Mexico. Wondering if anyone has used Dr. Pasten?

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Default Re: Researching doctors in Mexico...hard to know

Sorry I’ve Never heard of this doctor. I used Dr Almanza and had an amazing experience. He is Outstanding along with his team. I wouldn’t have changed a thing. The hospital he does all his surgeries is nice and very clean with state of the art surgery equipment and the hotel you stay at is very nice and the nursing sraff there are the best. The hotel staff were all very nice too. The area around the hospital and hotel are nice and safe to walk all around. Happy to answer any questions. I’ve lost 143Ibs in one year. have 30lbs until I reach 120lbs. I’m now living the life I dreamed about for 20yrs. A7606436-5122-4A7D-AB8F-CC2010EF9BBD.jpeg6962E77A-0E70-4A8F-A51D-714DEC71447B.jpegD5057416-0C4F-4614-BA4E-EF56DAF12D4D.jpeg904963F3-FD28-4909-ADE8-7CAF12A40FC1.jpegGood luck.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

Gastric Sleeve Member nineohtwo's Avatar
    Surgery date
    12/19/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Valenzuela
    Last Activity
    02-12-2019 07:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Hi there,
    I haven't come across that particular doctor. I had my surgery with Dr Valenzuela and her team in Tijuana. I couldn't have asked for better care (and Im an RN in Canada). The facility has an ICU which I think is key when considering surgery. Additionally Dr Valenzuela had a VGS in 2016, performed at the hospital she works out of by one of the other surgeons that practices at that facility. Contact Mexico Bariatric if you'd like more info. My experience couldn't have been better!
    Best of luck on your journey

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/03/2018
    Surgeon
    Luis Pasten
    Last Activity
    11-24-2018 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Yes, I just had surgery on Jan 3, 2018 with Dr. Pasten. I love him. He was wonderful and everyone at hospital Guadalajara was awesome and it is a clean hospital. All the bariatric patients are in one wing. I wasted time downloading movies and never had to watch them. There were plenty of American channels to watch with movies but the commercials were in Spanish. I was very pleased with the hospital and their internet was good.

Dr. Pasten is always well dressed and very personable. He’s also a great surgeon, I had no complications and flew home on Friday, Jan 5. I was a text book sleeve.

He even fixed another US patient’s sleeve that an American doctor messed up. (She didn’t lose weight for a year and come to find out the American doctor left most of her stomach in. She had a lot of scar tissue and Dr. Pasten worked over two hours to fix her sleeve).

I went through Trinity Medical because I had surgery the same day I flew in and was able to fly home on the third day. I flew in on Wednesday morning and was picked up from San Diego Airport and taken straight to the hospital. They did blood work and then I was taken to my room. I had my own clean room and bathroom. They have a sofa for your guest to sleep on. I had an EKG in my room and had surgery later that afternoon. The nurses kept up with giving me my pain meds and anything I needed.

PM me if you have any other questions. Everyone was pleased with Pasten. (You just have to decide which coordinator or agency to use)

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/03/2018
    Surgeon
    Luis Pasten
    Last Activity
    11-24-2018 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Also I didn’t have any gas pains. Dr. Pasten pulls out any excess air they put in during surgery so you have minimal gas pains.

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Overcomer2food View Post
    Also I didn’t have any gas pains. Dr. Pasten pulls out any excess air they put in during surgery so you have minimal gas pains.
    Congratulations on joining the losers club. Ive heard of your story you told before. Crazy how there are American doctors not removing enough of the stomach. That’s awful what happened to the lady. Thank goodness she went to your doctor and found out the problem and got her stomach repaired. All the best in your journey.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    05-07-2018 01:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have any of you have hear of Doctor Ariel Ortiz !
    I’m Just wondering if he is a Good Doctor

Banned
    Surgery date
    03/10/2009
    Surgeon
    Dr. Patrick Yau
    Last Activity
    01-16-2018 03:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

We are a medical travel company that is working with one of the top weight loss surgeons in Mexico. We are looking to help someone in dire need of weight loss surgery and are giving away a free weight loss surgery and an all-expense paid trip to Mexico which includes air fare and accommodations. This person has hundreds of pounds to lose and they need this to save their life. If you or someone you know needs this surgery and would be interested in getting more information, please send me a personal message here or visit our website at ********** dot ca

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

As I asked in another topic: what is the name of that top surgeon?
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

Gastric Sleeve Member nineohtwo's Avatar
    Surgery date
    12/19/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Valenzuela
    Last Activity
    02-12-2019 07:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts

The website appears to be real, however there is no information on any physicians. Additionally the "free weight loss surgery" contest is posted on the website, and it essentially an information grab, so they can formulate an email list. Quite strange that no names of surgeons are available.

Cheers

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

Yep, very strange.
    I think that a real "top surgeon" does not have to (and will not) give away free surgeries...
    I would never go for this.
    But that's me!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

18. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlingseven View Post
    We are a medical travel company that is working with one of the top weight loss surgeons in Mexico. We are looking to help someone in dire need of weight loss surgery and are giving away a free weight loss surgery and an all-expense paid trip to Mexico which includes air fare and accommodations. This person has hundreds of pounds to lose and they need this to save their life. If you or someone you know needs this surgery and would be interested in getting more information, please send me a personal message here or visit our website at ********** dot ca
    CAUTION! I'm older (65) and if it sounds too good to be true...you know the rest.

The link they reference is NOT a medical clinic, but a service that helps with travel, hotels, and access to surgeries.

For me, this would raise red flags.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Banned
    Surgery date
    03/10/2009
    Surgeon
    Dr. Patrick Yau
    Last Activity
    01-16-2018 03:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

Hello everyone! My name is Niki Spence and I am the co-founder of the medical travel company that is associated with the free weight loss surgery giveaway. Thank you for visiting our website, although the truth is that we are less interested in "getting leads" and far more interested in finding the right candidate for this giveaway. The doctor is Dr. Jose Castaneda, who just recently did the gastric sleeve (7 months ago) and then the gastric bypass (in November) on the Guinness Book of World Records heaviest man. He has done over 9,000 weight loss surgeries. He is looking for another candidate that would be around 500 - 700 pounds that needs this surgery to save his/her life. If you read the contest rules, his name is there along with the terms of the contest. This is real and not "too good to be true". This gift will save someone's life. I have attached a picture of myself, my partner and Juan Pedro, an hour before he had his bypass surgery. juanpedro.JPG We had the privilege of participating in this event and now Dr. Castaneda is looking for someone in North America to offer the same. I do appreciate this feedback though. It tells me that the way we are trying to share the news is not personal enough. It stirs up the skeptic in people. We will have to get more real. Please share this if you know anyone that could use this life-changing procedure and aftercare! Thank you so much! Niki

PS, I've had weight loss surgery myself (10 years ago, banded, highest weight 265, comfortably maintaining 140) so please know that I am sincere and this is authentic.
    before (1).jpg

Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Was Thanked 245 Times in 196 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 567 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! You are in the right place for amazing support and a wealth of information and experience from countless others traveling along the same journey. Everyone here is fantastic!! As you move forward, be sure to post your experiences so you can help others too. Most importantly ~ here's wishing you MUCH SUCCESS (hugs)

I had my surgery in TJ Mexico with Dr. Alvarez: https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/entry.php?b=30821

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Robin
    Surgery date
    02/12/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Paten
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

I’m sch with him in February. Trinity Medical. I have had friends go there and the group is Great!!! I have been so empressed with the attention Ive gotten so far.