Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-08-2018 10:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Question 1 Week Countdown Extremely Nervous

Hey everyone,
    My surgery is next Friday 1/12 in Mexico. I'm extremely nervous. I will be going with my boyfriend, who had the surgery two years ago but had a very bad recovery with stricture (only 2% of people get it) and his best friend is also having the surgery so we will be going through everything together. I'm on the east coast so it's quite a long flight, the longest flight I will be on thus far. I normally get sick on planes or in cars if I'm not the driver, to help with this I normally drink water and munch on food. Since my pre-op diet starts on the 9th, I'm worried about the flights both to and from. Water, protein drinks, diet Snapple will all be fairly easy to find at an airport, considering packing jello and bouillon cubes.

Since I signed up for surgery I have read reviews on WeightLossAgents.com and read forums/blogs on here every day. I'm very nervous, this will be my first surgery, longest flight, first time out of the U.S. Lot's of first's. I know there will be plenty of tears the day before and the day of.

How did everyone feel on the third day? How did you feel while traveling? What items will help with recovery and comfortability? Any general tips?

Thanks everyone

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Amanda
    Surgery date
    10/18/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Christopher Eagan
    Last Activity
    11-27-2020 12:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 178 Times in 142 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: 1 Week Countdown Extremely Nervous

congrats on getting your surgery!
    I can imagine, it's all very overwhelming. I was overwhelmed just going to my local hospital for surgery. I think I've seen your doctor's name on this board quite a bit, so I imagine he's very good. Is there anything your doctor can prescribe for anxiety for the flights?

Third day felt pretty good- I was just sore and VERY sleepy. Your abdominal muscles and incisions will be sore, but you should be sent away with pain meds. Depending what pain medication they send you home with, it might help keep you calm for the flight back. I would maybe bring a little pillow with you to keep on the plane for the ride back. Having something soft against my stomach helped with pain. Keeps anything from hitting the incisions as well and was just overall comforting.

Definitely no lifting, pulling, or carrying any luggage.

Good luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Just remember how amazing things will be afterwards. I was so ready to have my surgery since I went through insurance and the process was about 7 months. I was so excited. I have absolutely no regrets.

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

You can do it, think about the result. Any chance you can stay a few days longer so you're not so worried about the flight home?