I started preparing for this surgery approximately 6 months ago like many others do. All pre-op Dr. appts and procedures are complete, paperwork is done, etc. I even have a surgery date of January 16! But I'm still waiting on approval from insurance. Now I realize some people don't have the option of going through insurance so I should not complain...however, this NOT KNOWING is taking its toll on me. I am extremely anxious and uptight and short tempered with my teenagers. Trying to keep it together though (my family does not know I'm doing this...just my husband). Did anyone else have Blue of California when they got sleeved? If so, was your approval experience difficult or relatively easy? Are they more strict than others? Gosh I've been waiting weeks (& I feared this would happen due to the holidays!)

My BMI is 39 and I have been taking medication for hypertension for 2+ years. I'm borderline diabetic and I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea. My doctors support my decision and will do whatever is necessary to see that I am approved for this. It's the damn insurance company that holds the key to my future healthy self (and my mental well being while I sit here waiting IMPATIENTLY) and I can't stand it. My surgeon's office tells me they sometimes don't get approval until the night before surgery. WOW...I just don't live my life flying by the seat of my pants. That is completely insane to me!

I will begin the Pre-op diet on January 1 as instructed by my surgeon because whether or not I'm approved, it's a good way eat and reduce calories. Oh...and I STILL haven't told my employer that I'll need time off! Won't do that until I know that this is a definite GO or not. So add that stress on top of all of this. Please send positive energy and vibes. I definitely need them. Thanks!