Dr. Wells
    Last Activity
    02-17-2019 09:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dining at Friends

I don’t think it would offend them for not gorging yourself on the food. If you are concerned with it offending them and they know about the surgery, then just ask them about it. Let them know that you don’t want to hurt their feelings but you just can’t eat that much. Although, I have a feeling it’s as much as them not wanting to hurt your feelings either. I mean, if everyone comes out with a plate full of food and they only bring you a spoonful of each item, then it could make them look like they think you need to eat less. Eat what you can and leave the rest. (As long as you rave about how good the food taste, it shouldn’t matter if you ate all of it or not!!!). Good luck with this...hopefully it all resolves quickly. Don’t ever feel badly for trying to put your health first!!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 400 Times in 330 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 140 Times

A possible suggestion to your host is to having a tasting portion on your plate with the rest of the plate being decorated with flowers and garnishes. That way host still gets to show some skillz and you don’t stick out with a large practically empty plate. Bonus to the host if the flowers are edible.
    Nov. 15/17 - re-sleeve, hiatal hernia repair, gallbladder removal with Dr. A. Lopez from AloBariatrics in Puerto Vallarta

Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    Real friends will understand especially since they know about your sleeve. If they truly care about you, they will not be offended. I would not feel bad one little bit. If we had to eat just to please others than we would all be fat again in no time. I am not giving up my new healthy body to please anyone. If they are a real friend they will understand. If they don't understand...I truly don't need them in my life.
    Exactly!