Dr garza
    Last Activity
    04-01-2018 11:41 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Pureed recipe

Hi everyone I get to start my puréed diet tomorrow any recipes or ideas you can share I would greatly appreciate ❤️

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-08-2023 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 1,328 Times in 515 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Re: Pureed recipe

I just couldn't stand the consistency of pureed, so I decided to make my own rules....kind of a staple of post op life for me.

Instead of pureed, I went to mushy. The two seemed like they were very similar to each other. Well, for me, I was right. If you chew mushy up really well, what do you get? Pureed.

So, for about two months, I subsisted on lentils and cottage cheese. Pound for pound, lentils pack a hell of a protein punch. I loved both then and still do to this day. After a week or two, I started cooking the lentils with Andouille sausage. I would then mash up the sausage really well, mix it back into the beans. Made the entire meal seem more....normal. Man...that was heaven.

So, please understand. I am not saying you should do this, but, unless you try, you'll never know. If your sleeve has been sensitive up to this point, then I would say hold off. But, if your sleeve has hung in there pretty well, it can't hurt to try. I will tell you this, the quicker you get to 80 grams of protein a day, the quicker you will lose.

Hope this helps.

On a side note, I had a guy in my sleeve group that ate a street taco the day we left Mexico. Literally three days post op and he was eating solid. There was no way I could have done that. I've kept in touch with him over the years and he's kept his weight off. The point being, there's no cookie cutter approach to post op life. You never know, you may be like my sleeve buddy.

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 400 Times in 330 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 140 Times

Tinman, I was thinking of him the other day! He was a crazy mofo. Lol Good to know he's doing well.

As for purée, that's where I am right now, but I'm kind of like tinman. I will eat soft foods but chew them very well. Tonight, I will be having Costco's spinach and chickpea patties with tzatziki sauce. I bought pickled asparagus as they are softer that dill pickles. Cottage cheese (I’ve had that for breakfast for 5 years), poached eggs, Brie cheese, cream cheese, crab patties (with a splash or sriracha sauce), Banana, canned fruit, pate with well-cooked veggies, refried beans with sour cream and salsa, practically anything with lentils, falafels with tahini, peanut butter, yogurt, frozen yogurt, custard-type pudding (like tapioca), sweet potato, pickled beets, crustless quiche, and other stuff that comes to mind.

I don't like bland food and unless it is meant to be puréed, I have a hard time with the texture, so I chew very well.
    Nov. 15/17 - re-sleeve, hiatal hernia repair, gallbladder removal with Dr. A. Lopez from AloBariatrics in Puerto Vallarta

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/20/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr garza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Thk u for in put I don’t want to hurt my self but the idea of eating watery food even makes me sick just thinking about it. I wonder if it’s ok if I just food process everything and make sure it’s just a little moist with Yogurt, mayonnaise or lemon juice??

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

After surgery I went from 2 weeks of shakes to one week of mushy food. Weeks 4-5 added foods until I was cleared for anything 6 weeks after surgery. I never had to puree anything. I tried baby food which was a HORRIBLE mistake. And it grossed me out to put dinner in a blender.

I ate stuff like low-fat Greek yogurt, cottage cheese,
    soups, eggs, ff refried beans, anything soft and mushy. I still had my shakes too.

Good luck!

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/20/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr garza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Thk u going to try scramble eggs tomorrow �� I am excited

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/20/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr garza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

I appreciate all y’all input.

Name
    Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 400 Times in 330 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 140 Times

I would do poached eggs first. Scrambled can be hit and miss at this stage.
    Nov. 15/17 - re-sleeve, hiatal hernia repair, gallbladder removal with Dr. A. Lopez from AloBariatrics in Puerto Vallarta

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/20/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr garza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Good idea thk u

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

I absolutely loved Shelley's Ricotta Bake: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.bl...eed-foods.html

I still make it sometimes, but now I turn it into something Mexican with kidney beans, minced (vegetarian) meat en spicey salsa sauce.
    Nom, nom, nom..
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-08-2023 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 1,328 Times in 515 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
    Tinman, I was thinking of him the other day! He was a crazy mofo. Lol Good to know he's doing well.

As for purée, that's where I am right now, but I'm kind of like tinman. I will eat soft foods but chew them very well. Tonight, I will be having Costco's spinach and chickpea patties with tzatziki sauce. I bought pickled asparagus as they are softer that dill pickles. Cottage cheese (I’ve had that for breakfast for 5 years), poached eggs, Brie cheese, cream cheese, crab patties (with a splash or sriracha sauce), Banana, canned fruit, pate with well-cooked veggies, refried beans with sour cream and salsa, practically anything with lentils, falafels with tahini, peanut butter, yogurt, frozen yogurt, custard-type pudding (like tapioca), sweet potato, pickled beets, crustless quiche, and other stuff that comes to mind.

I don't like bland food and unless it is meant to be puréed, I have a hard time with the texture, so I chew very well.

Truffles....his name is Randy and he's still as crazy as he was when we were all in TJ. I once told him that I was sure he was going to gain all of his weight back, or at least gain half of it back. So, he challenged me to a bet.

The bet is this. We bet 1000.00 on who would be closest to their stated weight in seven years. I lost down to 265 lbs and didn't like the way I looked or felt, so, I gained back 10 lbs and stuck there. He did the same thing and established his weight at 180. We then weighed ourselves on a specific date and videoed the process. The agreement was we would put a newspaper with the date of the official weigh in next to the scale and video the results. We had to do it in front of a mirror. The reason for that is so we could start with the phone looking at us in the mirror and then pan down to the scale and paper.

On the day we agreed to, I weighed 276. He weighed 183. Randy emailed me his video and did the funniest thing I have ever seen. When he panned down to his scale, I heard a noise in the background. When he panned up, he was eating a street taco. You are right. One crazy mofo.

We then agreed to do the same ritual every six months or so in order to see if one of us was in the lead. It's been almost four years now and neither one of us is gaining any significant weight. I keep my weight +/- five pounds from 275 and he does too. So, we've been discussing a plan. Since we are both convinced that neither one of us is going to gain back their weight, we are talking about meeting in Vegas next spring. We're each going to take the 1000.00 we pledged for the contest and pool it together. We'll flip a coin, or arm wrestle, or run a foot race, have a spelling bee, or some other feat of strength or mental superiority. The winner gets to pick red or black and he'll drop his 1k on the roulette board on the color of his choice and the loser has to put his 1k on the other color. We're going to let the little white ball decide.

Winner takes all.

Now, I'm all for Vegas. For those that remember my birthday jaunt with zip lining down Fremont Street in a speedo and doing the ice bucket challenge in front of Bellagio with an Elvis impersonator, you know I ain't skeered. But, I'm not sure for just how long I can hang with Randy if he's got two grand in his pocket and bad intentions. I'm sure hookers, farm animals, a garage door opener, and a case of Valvoline will be in mix with that guy.

Go Pens

15. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Soft/pureed foods...I ate yogurt, cottage cheese, creamed soups, soft cheeses (like Laughing Cow wedges), ground beef, eggs, shakes, and anything I could chew up really, really, really well. Obviously no hard solid meats and the like. It does not last long enough to bother with recipes. My NUT told me to use a food processor but I never needed to. I would make stew in the crock pot and since the meat was super tender I would just cut it up really well and chew it well.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I never had any problems with eggs, but some people do. I like mine soft boiled. 2 eggs are my go-to breakfast.