Dr. Luis Pasten
    Last Activity
    12-05-2017 07:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Newbie :)

Good Morning from GA . & Happy Thanksgiving all

I am new to this forum, but have been on others. I have schedule my surgery for 12/20
    and am very excited and nervous but determined.
    I am gathering as much information as possible and trying to be realistic and informed.

Thanks

ATSLADY

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Default Re: Newbie :)

Happy Thanksgiving, Congrats for wanting to take the steps to better your health and life. What would you like to know? I’m an open book and happy to answer any questions : ) Getting the Sleeve as been the best decision I ever made. I have no doubt it saved my life. I’m Down 137lbs‼️ I was 288 and after deciding to make changes to become an healthier person. I started counseling first about two years before than changed my diet and eating habits and began exercising every day. I would walk almost everywhere throughout the day. I also found some huge hills to climb. I lost 22lbs before surgery. My SW was 266!! Now 151. I got rid of Diabetes, High B/P, Sleep Apnea, fatty liver, High cholesterol panel. I’m off bi-Pap/Oxygen, Six Meds. At first I could barely climb a flight of stairs now I can run up them and Climb Mountains and do any physical activity I want. Good Luck with your journey.
    Please make a ticker!!! It’s nice to see what your weight is. Also fill out signature. It not what you think : ) C6294DEE-6657-4CB1-B7BF-E88F710B7BCA.jpeg
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

4. Said thanks:

DHB

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Thumbs up Re: Newbie :)

32D4C291-DC38-4BD0-B49A-98BD5D23A937.jpeg This is one of my Passions! Hiking/mountain climbing. I have to say it’s so nice to be able to cross my legs, put shoes on & shave my legs with ease : )
    I can wrap a towel all around me, can fit into tiny spaces, no longer have to get embarrassed when I can’t fit into a booth, bathroom stahl. I don’t have to worry if the seatbealt on a plane will fit or ask for an extender. We have a camper with a slide out, any time I climbed in I had to open the slide some in order to fit. Now I climb up and walk straight in with ease. I just made a fun goal this week, I can wear boots that go to your knee! I don’t want to waste a minute! I lost to much time already.
    What will a passion of yours be?
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Congrats on having a date. Hopefully time will fly by. I agree, being well educated on the whole procedure (the good, the bad, the ugly) is the best thing you can do. Read up. While complication rates are low, they can and do happen. You need to know what to expect. Here is a link to my favorite website for sleeve info and how I actually ended up on this forum. It has a lot of good info. https://www.obesitycoverage.com/gast...erence-manual/ And then read as many people on here's experiences as you can. The thing is knowing what can happen and how to deal with it if it does happen. I personally had no issues other than constipation. Others have had more issues. Wishing you the best of luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member simplyseahorse's Avatar
    Surgery date
    06/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Motamarry
    Last Activity
    10-17-2019 08:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 90 Times
    Was Thanked 126 Times in 95 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 735 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome from Florida!!!

I am a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist but I have never practiced in the areas of bariatrics or weight loss. I am happy to offer ideas or tips, but please follow your own Nutritionist's advice - she is the expert in the area.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Dale
    Surgery date
    11/14/2017
    Surgeon
    Kathrine Lamond
    Last Activity
    03-18-2019 09:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 615 Times
    Was Thanked 416 Times in 264 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 141 Times

Welcome! I had my surgery 11/14 and was on pureed food just in time for Thanksgiving. Although I was in a hurry to get my surgery done so I could start losing (my son's wedding is in 6 mos) and was impatient about the prep my insurance required, I now realize how much mental prep is key to everything. I did fine with pureed turkey but when the home baked pies came out of the oven and everyone ooh-ed and aah-ed about how delicious they were, I wanted to cry. Honestly, I suddenly realized how much food was my friend, my comfort, my passion. Getting sleeved is not like going on a diet. It is like breaking up with your toxic lover whom you still see every day and knows all the ways to seduce you. OK, I'm being overly-dramatic, but Thanksgiving was a tough hurdle and the Christmas/NY holidays may be hard for you, too. Finding all the information is relatively easy. Getting yourself mentally ready is so very important.

That said, this is probably the first Thanksgiving ever that I didn't consume thousands of calories and usher in the season of gluttony with all the excuses. ("It's once a year, how can I pass that up?") And even with the temptations, I made it and I'm down 8 lbs since my surgery and my clothes already fit so much better. Most of all, I don't have that feeling I had with diets that whatever I lost, I'd gain back and more.

I'm at the beginning of this journey. Many seasoned travelers are on this site and will be a big help as you go forward. I couldn't have made it without all their wisdom.

Beginning weight: 265
    Weight at surgery: 255
    M1: 240 (-15)
    M2: 232(-8)
    M3: 227 (-5)
    M4: 221 (-6)
    M5: 215 (-6)
    M6: 210 (-5)