10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Said "Thanks" 154 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

Default Re: Slow Metabolism? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03 View Post
    That show is totally nuts!!!! I think tracking is'nt a bad idea, I've been doing it so far on my fitness pal and might try to keep it up. i don't want to end up being only able to eat 800 calories or something. It can be quite complex can't it?! But then i don't want to be tied to it either, i THINK i might just try to make it part of my routine :-s
    I'm only 10 months out as well, Edie, and I think Ann is accurate in that what we "eyeball" measure and track & measure may be a bit different. I track. (Ok, I'm OCD about a lot of stuff but it reduces my anxiety.)

I am "holding" 122 (which is my weight as an 11 year old person) with 1200 calories a day "give or take" 100. I still have to watch things -- like I had an entire scone (over about 2 hours) from Starbucks. But still hit my protein goal, and made sure my calories over 2 days averaged.

I guess my thought is, I signed on for the rest of my life with this tool and I don't trust my self too far yet. Maybe at 5 years? Maybe not. I just feel good physically now and don't want that to change!

Annie (now AnnieStillG)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member AnnieStillG's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Said "Thanks" 154 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

Default Re: Slow Metabolism? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    I wonder if the study was done on us if the results would be different. Yes, I realize the "biggest loser" is nuts, those people quit their jobs, have a personal chef, and a trainer to work out all day long. This is not something they could possibly continue for life. With our sleeve we CAN continue our healthy lifestyle indefinitely.

Somehow I do believe my body found a "set point" where it wants to stay. For almost 3 years hit goal and I stayed at 140. Then when I broke my neck and couldn't exercise for 2 months, so I got to 145. My personal goal is 135. I've been at 145 for almost a year now. I eat right, exercise, but stay at the exact same place. I weigh this when I am very careful to eat perfectly, and even on the rare days I don't eat perfectly. (Take Halloween for an example...). I weigh this after 7 days of climbing mountains. I weigh this after taking 4 days off exercise due to sore knees. It's just odd. I wonder if I'm too protein/veggie focused, and should try more fruits and good carbs. I really follow what my nut told me, protein first, then veggie, then carbs if room. So basically my diet is protein with a few veggies thrown in.

Here's my typical day:

coffee with Premier Protein shake as creamer.

Breakfast - 2 eggs

AM snack - the rest of the shake

Lunch - typically dinner leftovers OR that low-fat Bumblee tuna salad kit with crackers (Maybe 120 calories total), a low fat greek yogurt and a low fat string cheese

Snack - protein bar

Dinner - A protein and a veggie

I never eat anything after dinner.

Yesterday was a travel day, so I ate three things, no snacks except water. Not the best choices for sure. Breakfast - coffee with about 1/3 of an omelet and berries at the fancy hotel breakfast (yum!) Lunch - 2 chicken strips off hubby's lunch plate (I did say I was in Mississippi) and Dinner - I piece of pizza as that's where we went for dinner when we got here. But days like this are the exception rather than the rule.
    Sharon, I do think our body finds a "happy" place of balance, if we maintain good habits. When we traveled, we do the best we can. I don't have enough time post sleeve to know anything for sure. My goal as 130 minimum, and my body keeps settling elsewhere. You look fabulous. You have energy. I haven't known you forever, but can't remember you being ill more than once (flu-ish?) and your hair & skin look healthy.

<3