Dr. Pleatman
    Last Activity
    06-14-2018 01:14 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Lightbulb 12 days update...

Hello sleeve family,
    I went to get a check up today as I have been coughing a lot. I just wanted to make sure I did not stretch or break something. My surgeon assured me that I had not. I am down 9.5 pounds weighing in at 195.5. It was nice I have not been below 200 pounds in almost three years. I can eat anything I want and I realize it doesn't mean I should, I guess I wanted to test to see if I was going to throw up like everyone said I would sooo I ate a piece of pizza . I knew it was not smart but I waited and waited and I did not get sick nor throw up. So after my surgeon laughed at me today I figured he did a good job and I am going to go be a good girl and follow all the rules. I am stil on my full liquid diet but all the soup places have either veggies or veggies and meat in them. I try to eat just the broth and ask for more broth or cream but it doesn't seem to work. Chicken broth got a little boring so I had a variety of Zoup soups to change up a bit.

I am experiencing burning on the side of my thigh, I did about a year ago and had a Neurologist do an EMG to make sure it was not related to diabetes nor sciatica, but it seem to have gotten worse so my surgeon told me to pay a visit to him again. Other than that I am doing well. By the grace of God. Just an update guys, any thoughts?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 12 days update...

Congrats Kara. I never had any issues with any food I ate unless it was too fast or too much. But I made sure to follow the rules to ensure I was successful. Remember that it is so very important to focus on good nutrition since we can only eat small amounts. Were you able to eat the full slice of pizza? And how long did it take you? I am a year post op and it takes me quite a while to eat a full slice of pizza.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/09/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pleatman
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I only ate 3 bites. I couldn't eat it all. So I threw it away. I have had a chip here and there because I don't eat salt and I crave it a bit. But I want to be successful also so I will obey. I can't eat much but I can drink water and protein drink as it seems continually. I do want to lose all of the weight so I find myself drinking my protein drink k until it's gone just to get the 40 grams in and eat soup around that. I take two to three tablespoonfuls and I am full. So you're a year out huh? Have you reached your goal weight? I want to go below my goal weight so if I gain 10 or 15 lbs I will be at my goal. It seems that people lose and then gain about that much before they stabilize. What do you think?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/09/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pleatman
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I just also notice your ticker, wow!!! You're 120 lbs??? That is sooo great! I can not wait! You are an inspiration . I weighed 218 to start and then lost 14 lbs at the say of surgery. Sooo, I hope I do as well as you did. We will certainly keep on touch.

Gastric Sleeve Member Luv49ers19's Avatar
    Name
    Cody
    Surgery date
    05/23/2017
    Surgeon
    Daniel Leslie
    Last Activity
    09-27-2018 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 760 Times
    Was Thanked 547 Times in 375 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 275 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the update Kara! Glad you are doing so well. Just be careful at this stage what you eat. Your tummy is still healing. It is a slippery slope to fall back into old habits.
    I'm 6 months post op tomorrow and am only 13 pounds away from my goal weight! It can be done!
    I went shopping yesterday to get a better idea of what size I'm in. I was 3x and 26 last October and yesterday I fit into size small and size 6 in jeans! To be fair I am a shorty.. 5 foot nothing.
    You can do it to!!!! Very excited for you!!!!
    Hw: 260
    Sw: 260 10/23/16
    Weight at time of sleeve 209 (-51)
    Sleeve date 5/23/17
    1 month:187 (-22)
    2 month:178 (-9)
    3 month:172 (-6)
    4 month:162 (-10)
    5 month:150 (-12) (10/28/17) 6 month goal!!!!
    6 month: 143 (-7)
    7 month: 136 (-7)
    8 month: 131 (-5) made goal weight 130 (2/8/2017)
    9 month: 125 (-6)
    10 month: 120 (-5)
    11 month: 115 (-5)
    1 year: 114 (-1)
    16 months: 120 (+6)

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Walter Cha
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 07:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Kara,
    Some friendly advice. Pizza at 12 days???? You need to follow the program to the letter. The idea is not to test your sleeve but to "learn" how to work it. You went through a whole process to get here and the surgery is a major event. When in doubt follow the rules. I am only 7 1/2 weeks out but have confidence in my surgeon and nutritionist. I listen to their advice. Go to our recipe section and learn how to make items that fit in whatever stage of eating you are in. Maybe I missed something in your post but don't eat something to test if it will give you a reaction, just because you didn't throw up does not make pizza OK. This is really meant as friendly advice. Sincere best of luck.

9. Said thanks: