Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default One Amazing Awesome Freaking Fantastic Year

So here it is lovies. It has been a year. 12 months. 365 days. 525,600 minutes. And I am not sure I can ever really truly articulate just how freaking amazing this whole journey has been but I will give it a try.
    I was fat. I was unhappy. I was uncomfortable in my own skin. I was ashamed of how I looked. I felt crappy every time I had to get dressed up to go out. I felt even worse when I would see the pictures. Feverishly deleting or attempting to crop them into something somewhat sharable. Or just avoiding being in the pictures all together. Definitely not the way I ever imagined my life would turn out. Ironically, I was probably able to out exercise a lot of people. Yup, you heard me right. I could go to the gym and outperform the skinny people. But I loved food, ate too much, and was still plain old fat with a nice set of beautiful muscles hidden underneath. My fat did not jiggle as much as other peoples. I was solid fat...as if that is somehow a consolation.
    I come from a family of fatties. My father and sister have both had weight loss surgery. My mother (who is deceased) was morbidly obese. My brother is obese and has a slew of health issues because of it. There is still a stigma with WLS. Even in my family. My father was 400 lbs when he had his bypass in 1989. He is only 5'10" tall. He still looks wonderful now. He did have a few years where he gained weight (about 60 lbs) but has since lost it back and is a healthy BMI. My sister is only 6 years post op (this month) and happily maintaining her sleeve weight loss.
    Even with having witnessed the wonderful transformation of my father and sister I was still hesitant to go and get a consult. That damn WLS stigma. I mulled it over for years. Then something amazing happened. I got a sign. A whole slew of them. A company who specialized in WLS kept advertising on the station that I listen to daily in my car. I had been listening to that station for over 2 years and never heard them advertise before. But suddenly I was hearing their ads every day on my way to and from work. I went online. Looked them up and finally took the plunge and made a consult. That was appointment number one and the start of something beautiful. The weird thing is that at my second appointment I found out that the facility was closing since they lost their lease and could not find another location with an operating room. I was devastated. But the sweet ladies told me not to worry as my surgeon also worked out of another office. So all of my stuff transferred to his other office. Guess that means it was meant to be and I scheduled that consult just in time. It was definitely my time.
    So that is what got me on my path to living life as a sleeved person. Now here is the fun of what I have learned.

#1. This is a process. You have to trust it. You have to apply it. You have to work it. You have to see what is working and what is not working for you and then tweak it. Rinse and Repeat.

#2. Being fat holds you back. It holds you back from truly living. Once you start to peel away those layers you start to live. You start to learn more about yourself. You stop hiding. You start trying new things. You start speaking up about what you like and what you don't like. You get your voice back. Don't get me wrong. I have always been outspoken. But there were lots of things I was quiet about due to my weight.

#3. I am worth it. I am worth taking time for myself. I am a freaking priority. Yup. I said it and I make no apologies for it. I am worth some me time. My time to work out. I am worth taking the time to eat right. Guess what family?? I am going to cook healthy. I won't starve you but if you don't like what I am making...you are all old enough to fend for yourselves. Pretty sure no one will be calling social services on me any time soon. I love you all but guess what I ALSO LOVE ME!!

#4. People treat thin people differently. I guess that is a no brainer but it is always amazing how much nicer people are to thin people. It is not my imagination. There are way more people who smile and say hi randomly to me now. I guess part of that is on me. Maybe I am walking with my head held high and making more eye contact. Maybe they are catching a glimpse of that happy, confident person. I mean, we do change. We can't deny that. Often as fat people, we close ourselves off a bit from the world because we do not want to be ridiculed or rejected.

#5. The constant debate of this being the easy way. So here it is in a nutshell. We have never lost weight so easily. We have never kept it off so easily. If we had, then we wouldn't have needed the surgery. Now is it hard? It can be. We go through some uncomfortable and sometimes painful things to get through those first few months. We also took a risk to have surgery to begin with. I mean, even with the percentage being small...we could have died during surgery. But remember that can happen with any surgery. And all the possible complications...and once again... all surgeries have complication possibilities. So yeah. Easy and hard. No one is right or wrong here. Love you all. No need to argue. But I know I could have NEVER lost weight like this without my sleeve. And I know this from years of trying.

#6. No matter how much support you have from your friends or loved ones...they will never really understand like another WLS person. No matter what kind of WLS we have had....we are in a secret sort of club. Stick around here a while and I might teach you the handshake. Seriously though, we all need to lean on each other here for support and I cannot imagine not having had all the veterans on here guiding me through and I have thoroughly enjoyed helping the newer sleevers along as well.

#7. The sleeve is not the end all be all. You can fall back into bad habits and ruin this perfectly amazing tool you have been given. I think regular weigh ins is absolutely essential. Not saying it has to be daily but I would think at a minimum weekly. You have to make a plan. You have to know what you are going to do to prevent regain. You have to have a "Danger Will Robinson" weight. Once you hit that you better get that booty going and do something. Do not let that few pounds turn into 20 or 40 or 60 or worse. Because once you get all those extra pounds on it will be so overwhelming to get them off and you will start to beat yourself up. Do not let yourself get to that point. Have a plan!!! Stick to it. And always look forward, never look back.

#8. Loose skin. To be fair, mine is not that bad but I do have it. It can get better with time. Hydration from the inside and outside is super important. Toning exercises. Good nutrition. Vitamins and minerals. All super important. But a lot of it is luck and genetics. I have learned to embrace mine. You can really see it when I am running in my hood. But I really do not care. I wear my running mini skirt with gusto as the skin flaps along with me on my inner thighs. And I live in a busy neighborhood with lots of walkers, runners, and kids playing in parks and on their bikes. And I have no embarrassment whatsoever. It still looks 1000 times better that those fat thunder thighs that rubbed together like they were trying to start some kindling wood.

#9. Forum etiquette. Take what people say with a grain of salt. I don't think anyone on here is trying to be malicious. I think people all have their way about them. For some it is tough love. Some sarcasm. Some super cuddles. Just let it roll off. Not everyone interacts the same way. Just try to be respectful of each other. No one means to hurt each others feelings. Just try to remember we are all in this together.

#10. Vitamins. So important for us sleevers. We can only get so much food in and it is important to make it quality. Even with an excellent diet we are often not getting all the vitamins and minerals we need. So be sure to take all your vitamins. You are worth it and your body needs them.

#11. Sliders are a real thing. They are a slippery slope. You can eat oodles of them without feeling full. Chips. Ice Cream. Cookies. Cakes. Fried foods. They all can go down super easy and it is easy to get nutritionally void calories that do not fill you up. Always aim for a good piece of solid protein first so you can get it in and it will fill you up. Don't eat around your sleeve. You may think you have outsmarted it but really you have just sabotaged yourself.

#12. Do not compare yourself to anyone else. Your journey is yours and yours alone. You will lose it your way. You may lose fast. Or slow. You may stall once. You may stall several times. You may never stall at all. You just don't know. You could hit goal in 4 months, 6 months, a year, or 2 years. But if you keep working it..you will get there. Be patient.

#13. Take progress pictures and measurements. In a bathing suit or undergarments. Document your journey by retaking them every 2 weeks. Try to do the pictures in the same spot and from the same distance. You will love to have the photographic evidence of your amazing transformation. I cannot say enough how much I enjoy looking through my pics. I did not take my first pics until 3 days post op and regret not having done it sooner. Still glad I did it when I did. Better than nothing.

#14. Your decision to tell people about your WLS is yours and yours alone. There is no etiquette on this. If you don't want to tell anyone. Don't. If you want to shout it from the rooftops, by all means, do so! Just know that some people may react poorly and not be supportive. Just ignore them. You will always find negative people. Just let your light shine and don't let those people try to snuff it out. You do you boo boo!!!

#15. If you are in the process of researching whether you want to be sleeved or not, read up. Know all there is to know about the sleeve. The good, the bad, the ugly. It is all out there. Nothing is hidden. If you look, read, and research you will find all there is to know. If you go in uninformed, that is on you and no one else. One of my favorite sites was https://www.obesitycoverage.com/gast...erence-manual/

#16. Do not be afraid to reach out for help, support, or when you have questions. Post on the forums. Send a private message. Write a blog.

#17. Some people experience hormonal changes post op. That can cause mood swings. You may feel blue. You can get help for that so do not just ignore it. Talk to your surgeon or primary care physician or psychiatrist. Me personally, I have been on a WLS high. I have been deliriously happy. Seriously on a constant high. I guess I am lucky like that.

Ok....so it is not the way I thought the post would turn out. Seems more like ramblings of insanity. Hahaha. But hopefully you learned something but if not...at the very least I hope you enjoyed it and I possibly put a smile on your face. I have been maintaining for a while so I don't have any new progress pics so I am posting one I have posted before. When I took the first one, I had no intention of ever sharing so don't laugh at the look on my face in my before pics.

PS-If there are typos forgive me. It has been a long week and I really wanted to crank this out on my sleeviversary!

big front.jpg

back.png

side.png

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member astallons's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/11/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wells
    Last Activity
    02-17-2019 09:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: One Amazing Awesome Freaking Fantastic Year

Happy Surgiversary!!!! Thank you for being so helpful in the forum. You always have an encouraging word and are such an inspiration! You look amazing!!!

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

I NEED A LOVE BUTTON!!!!!! I love this post! Shine bright like a diamond gorgeous xxxxx :-)

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/10/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-11-2018 11:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 48 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Wow! Congrats, you look amazing!! And this is some really great advice you wrote about!

8. Said thanks:

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

Happy first surgiversery to you!
    I just found this post, i've also send you a message.
    I see now, that I misspelled that difficult word.

You are doing awsesome!
    You look so much happier in your latest photo's...
    You are a beautiful woman.
    Thanks for being a inspiration!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

@Christie 13, The best "summarizing" of what the journey is about -- at least for me! And "Danger Will Robinson" has been effective in my life for many years, particularly as I too easily trust people. I didn't know it could help with weight, but that robot is on duty now, lol.

Thank you for your generous sharing, your obvious thoughtful journey through this, and your understanding its a tool to give us what we have been unable, due to metabolic and/or emotional things, to assist us in making the best health decisions we can.

And timely post for me, so many thanks for your insights & share !
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

13. Said thanks:

Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Christie, this is such an awesome surgiversary post! Truly, just awesome. You speak the truth in every sentence and paragraph.

Yours is a true WLS success story, because of your spirit. And thank you so, so much for your constancy of support on this board for everyone here. It's a great gift you offer this community (and the many people who read here, but never post).

Thank you for showing us the joy that can come to sleevers.

Respect!!!

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

15. Said thanks:

Name
    Gege
    Surgery date
    11/17/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Peter Rantis
    Last Activity
    04-07-2020 10:55 AM
    Said "Thanks" 67 Times
    Was Thanked 93 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    So here it is lovies. It has been a year. 12 months. 365 days. 525,600 minutes. And I am not sure I can ever really truly articulate just how freaking amazing this whole journey has been but I will give it a try.
    I was fat. I was unhappy. I was uncomfortable in my own skin. I was ashamed of how I looked. I felt crappy every time I had to get dressed up to go out. I felt even worse when I would see the pictures. Feverishly deleting or attempting to crop them into something somewhat sharable. Or just avoiding being in the pictures all together. Definitely not the way I ever imagined my life would turn out. Ironically, I was probably able to out exercise a lot of people. Yup, you heard me right. I could go to the gym and outperform the skinny people. But I loved food, ate too much, and was still plain old fat with a nice set of beautiful muscles hidden underneath. My fat did not jiggle as much as other peoples. I was solid fat...as if that is somehow a consolation.
    I come from a family of fatties. My father and sister have both had weight loss surgery. My mother (who is deceased) was morbidly obese. My brother is obese and has a slew of health issues because of it. There is still a stigma with WLS. Even in my family. My father was 400 lbs when he had his bypass in 1989. He is only 5'10" tall. He still looks wonderful now. He did have a few years where he gained weight (about 60 lbs) but has since lost it back and is a healthy BMI. My sister is only 6 years post op (this month) and happily maintaining her sleeve weight loss.
    Even with having witnessed the wonderful transformation of my father and sister I was still hesitant to go and get a consult. That damn WLS stigma. I mulled it over for years. Then something amazing happened. I got a sign. A whole slew of them. A company who specialized in WLS kept advertising on the station that I listen to daily in my car. I had been listening to that station for over 2 years and never heard them advertise before. But suddenly I was hearing their ads every day on my way to and from work. I went online. Looked them up and finally took the plunge and made a consult. That was appointment number one and the start of something beautiful. The weird thing is that at my second appointment I found out that the facility was closing since they lost their lease and could not find another location with an operating room. I was devastated. But the sweet ladies told me not to worry as my surgeon also worked out of another office. So all of my stuff transferred to his other office. Guess that means it was meant to be and I scheduled that consult just in time. It was definitely my time.
    So that is what got me on my path to living life as a sleeved person. Now here is the fun of what I have learned.

#1. This is a process. You have to trust it. You have to apply it. You have to work it. You have to see what is working and what is not working for you and then tweak it. Rinse and Repeat.

#2. Being fat holds you back. It holds you back from truly living. Once you start to peel away those layers you start to live. You start to learn more about yourself. You stop hiding. You start trying new things. You start speaking up about what you like and what you don't like. You get your voice back. Don't get me wrong. I have always been outspoken. But there were lots of things I was quiet about due to my weight.

#3. I am worth it. I am worth taking time for myself. I am a freaking priority. Yup. I said it and I make no apologies for it. I am worth some me time. My time to work out. I am worth taking the time to eat right. Guess what family?? I am going to cook healthy. I won't starve you but if you don't like what I am making...you are all old enough to fend for yourselves. Pretty sure no one will be calling social services on me any time soon. I love you all but guess what I ALSO LOVE ME!!

#4. People treat thin people differently. I guess that is a no brainer but it is always amazing how much nicer people are to thin people. It is not my imagination. There are way more people who smile and say hi randomly to me now. I guess part of that is on me. Maybe I am walking with my head held high and making more eye contact. Maybe they are catching a glimpse of that happy, confident person. I mean, we do change. We can't deny that. Often as fat people, we close ourselves off a bit from the world because we do not want to be ridiculed or rejected.

#5. The constant debate of this being the easy way. So here it is in a nutshell. We have never lost weight so easily. We have never kept it off so easily. If we had, then we wouldn't have needed the surgery. Now is it hard? It can be. We go through some uncomfortable and sometimes painful things to get through those first few months. We also took a risk to have surgery to begin with. I mean, even with the percentage being small...we could have died during surgery. But remember that can happen with any surgery. And all the possible complications...and once again... all surgeries have complication possibilities. So yeah. Easy and hard. No one is right or wrong here. Love you all. No need to argue. But I know I could have NEVER lost weight like this without my sleeve. And I know this from years of trying.

#6. No matter how much support you have from your friends or loved ones...they will never really understand like another WLS person. No matter what kind of WLS we have had....we are in a secret sort of club. Stick around here a while and I might teach you the handshake. Seriously though, we all need to lean on each other here for support and I cannot imagine not having had all the veterans on here guiding me through and I have thoroughly enjoyed helping the newer sleevers along as well.

#7. The sleeve is not the end all be all. You can fall back into bad habits and ruin this perfectly amazing tool you have been given. I think regular weigh ins is absolutely essential. Not saying it has to be daily but I would think at a minimum weekly. You have to make a plan. You have to know what you are going to do to prevent regain. You have to have a "Danger Will Robinson" weight. Once you hit that you better get that booty going and do something. Do not let that few pounds turn into 20 or 40 or 60 or worse. Because once you get all those extra pounds on it will be so overwhelming to get them off and you will start to beat yourself up. Do not let yourself get to that point. Have a plan!!! Stick to it. And always look forward, never look back.

#8. Loose skin. To be fair, mine is not that bad but I do have it. It can get better with time. Hydration from the inside and outside is super important. Toning exercises. Good nutrition. Vitamins and minerals. All super important. But a lot of it is luck and genetics. I have learned to embrace mine. You can really see it when I am running in my hood. But I really do not care. I wear my running mini skirt with gusto as the skin flaps along with me on my inner thighs. And I live in a busy neighborhood with lots of walkers, runners, and kids playing in parks and on their bikes. And I have no embarrassment whatsoever. It still looks 1000 times better that those fat thunder thighs that rubbed together like they were trying to start some kindling wood.

#9. Forum etiquette. Take what people say with a grain of salt. I don't think anyone on here is trying to be malicious. I think people all have their way about them. For some it is tough love. Some sarcasm. Some super cuddles. Just let it roll off. Not everyone interacts the same way. Just try to be respectful of each other. No one means to hurt each others feelings. Just try to remember we are all in this together.

#10. Vitamins. So important for us sleevers. We can only get so much food in and it is important to make it quality. Even with an excellent diet we are often not getting all the vitamins and minerals we need. So be sure to take all your vitamins. You are worth it and your body needs them.

#11. Sliders are a real thing. They are a slippery slope. You can eat oodles of them without feeling full. Chips. Ice Cream. Cookies. Cakes. Fried foods. They all can go down super easy and it is easy to get nutritionally void calories that do not fill you up. Always aim for a good piece of solid protein first so you can get it in and it will fill you up. Don't eat around your sleeve. You may think you have outsmarted it but really you have just sabotaged yourself.

#12. Do not compare yourself to anyone else. Your journey is yours and yours alone. You will lose it your way. You may lose fast. Or slow. You may stall once. You may stall several times. You may never stall at all. You just don't know. You could hit goal in 4 months, 6 months, a year, or 2 years. But if you keep working it..you will get there. Be patient.

#13. Take progress pictures and measurements. In a bathing suit or undergarments. Document your journey by retaking them every 2 weeks. Try to do the pictures in the same spot and from the same distance. You will love to have the photographic evidence of your amazing transportation. I cannot say enough how much I enjoy looking through my pics. I did not take my first pics until 3 days post op and regret not having done it sooner. Still glad I did it when I did. Better than nothing.

#14. Your decision to tell people about your WLS is yours and yours alone. There is no etiquette on this. If you don't want to tell anyone. Don't. If you want to shout it from the rooftops, by all means, do so! Just know that some people may react poorly and not be supportive. Just ignore them. You will always find negative people. Just let your light shine and don't let those people try to snuff it out. You do you boo boo!!!

#15. If you are in the process of researching whether you want to be sleeved or not, read up. Know all there is to know about the sleeve. The good, the bad, the ugly. It is all out there. Nothing is hidden. If you look, read, and research you will find all there is to know. If you go in uninformed, that is on you and no one else. One of my favorite sites was https://www.obesitycoverage.com/gast...erence-manual/

#16. Do not be afraid to reach out for help, support, or when you have questions. Post on the forums. Send a private message. Write a blog.

#17. Some people experience hormonal changes post op. That can cause mood swings. You may feel blue. You can get help for that so do not just ignore it. Talk to your surgeon or primary care physician or psychiatrist. Me personally, I have been on a WLS high. I have been deliriously happy. Seriously on a constant high. I guess I am lucky like that.

Ok....so it is not the way I thought the post would turn out. Seems more like ramblings of insanity. Hahaha. But hopefully you learned something but if not...at the very least I hope you enjoyed it and I possibly put a smile on your face. I have been maintaining for a while so I don't have any new progress pics so I am posting one I have posted before. When I took the first one, I had no intention of ever sharing so don't laugh at the look on my face in my before pics.

PS-If there are typos forgive me. It has been a long week and I really wanted to crank this out on my sleeviversary!

big front.jpg

back.png

side.png
    WOW!!!! What a post! Thank you for sharing everything you've learned thereby helping all of us learn. You look beautiful and have come so far! Wear that jogging skirt proudly! I LOVE those! My dream! Now as for #3..... I learned I have ALOT of work to do! Thank you!!!! Congrats!!!!

Gege

17. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    07/11/2017
    Surgeon
    Quillici
    Last Activity
    07-02-2018 08:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

GREAT POST - I have said this once and I will say it again...you are a ROCK STAR and an INSPIRATION! I appreciate your posts and your attitude! CONGRATS!

19. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    05/23/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ewing
    Last Activity
    10-10-2018 06:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 78 Times
    Was Thanked 194 Times in 158 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 259 Times

Congrats and thanks for sharing your journey and wisdom!

Many blessings! A

21. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Luv49ers19's Avatar
    Name
    Cody
    Surgery date
    05/23/2017
    Surgeon
    Daniel Leslie
    Last Activity
    09-27-2018 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 760 Times
    Was Thanked 547 Times in 375 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 275 Times
    Blog Entries

You really are a rockstar! You have given your all and it has shown. Thank you again for being here and sharing your pearls of wisdom with us. It truly is invaluable! Keep rocking you new bod!
    Hw: 260
    Sw: 260 10/23/16
    Weight at time of sleeve 209 (-51)
    Sleeve date 5/23/17
    1 month:187 (-22)
    2 month:178 (-9)
    3 month:172 (-6)
    4 month:162 (-10)
    5 month:150 (-12) (10/28/17) 6 month goal!!!!
    6 month: 143 (-7)
    7 month: 136 (-7)
    8 month: 131 (-5) made goal weight 130 (2/8/2017)
    9 month: 125 (-6)
    10 month: 120 (-5)
    11 month: 115 (-5)
    1 year: 114 (-1)
    16 months: 120 (+6)

23. Said thanks:

Name
    "Lea" (nickname)
    Surgery date
    06/25/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Treen
    Said "Thanks" 134 Times
    Was Thanked 139 Times in 107 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,434 Times

Damn you looking fine!!!!!!!!! Good job and a great attitude. Beautiful post for sure.
    IT'S BEEN ALMOST TEN YEARS NOW SINCE MY SURGERY. AND IM STILL GOING STRONG!!!!!!

25. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Walter Cha
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 07:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Outstanding. Congratulations on your success. You made some of the best points I've read here. Do this for yourself, work the process, listen to others but make your own decision. The pictures look great you did a great job.

Your post should be required reading for those considering a sleeve. Well thought out, not rambling and from the heart. Your 1 year report is right up there with Ann's. Thanks for the effort to write this.

Again great job. Have a big celebration with a sugar free popsicle or a smoothie or some veggies. You done good kid!

27. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/22/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hany Basson
    Last Activity
    12-29-2022 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 31 Posts

Yo Christie13,
    You were the first VSG voice my wife and I heard. Last November we needed to get professional medical help. Your positive waves aided our decisions. We both did it in Dec 12 & 22, our progress was our own. We have just came back from 5 weeks Vaca' in USA. We got on the plane at 184 lbs (-87) and 159 Lbs (-68). We had a busy time in the states trying to get 12 months of living into of 5 short weeks. Upon arrival back in Cairo, the scale was waiting for us....... 184 & 159, I actually wore the same jeans home that I wore back, Laura wore a size smaller coming back. That is a first time in 30 years of working overseas..... to return after a long leave in the USA and not have had to buy larger XXX clothes for the trip back..... Also you are right about another thing, being @ normal size, people, strangers, neighbors were just more friendly. Congratulations on your 365............. JPMLVM

29. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I think I've found the person even more positive, excited and happy than me! Amazing, freaking, awesome, fantastic work!

31. Said thanks: