Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Day 1 Back on Track - Accountability

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Ok...I said I wasn't going to post on here much, if any, in the future. But, Jessica's post made me make an exception. I've been coming on here to answer pm's and such and when I do, I take a look see at what's up.

See, Jess, Ann, a long lost poster named Truffles and Dawnrogers7 are my girls. All are, and always will be, rock star losers. Now, before you say, "I get it tinman, you singled out posters who used your method to lose." Nope. Truffles and Ann, in fact, did the exact opposite of my plan and were quite militant about it.

Both shit smacked the scales.

I got several emails last week from folks who bought the book and tried my suggestions in it. They took the time to email me back and tell me that my way most certainly did not work for them, but, it got them to try different things and each of them found what worked best for them and they gamed the hell out of it. (another central point in the book...find what works for you) I've never been more happy to be told I don't know what I'm talking about. That's what makes the sleeve such a powerful too. I call it the WMD of weight loss tools.

However, Jessie and Dawnie both did use my methods. So, as I've always said, there is more than one way to skin the sleeved cat. My way is my way, Truffles and Ann had their way, and Jess and Dawn used mine. What is common though is that all of us made a plan, stuck to it, made ourselves accountable for the results and changed up when it was needed.

So, let's talk about accountability. That is what is missing from Jessie's life. Jess, I want to invite you to come to one of my sleeve group meetings. You would fit in like shrimp in grits. The members of the group have changed dramatically from it's inception, but, the dynamic has not. We are a group of mostly rowdy as hell Texas women (that's a little repetitive as ALL Texas women are rowdy, and that's what I love about all of them) who love to get together and share stories and tips. We don't meet at houses or restaurants. We always meet at a bar where the setting is more informal and relaxed. We spend about an hour talking through problems and stalls, an hour or so gossiping, and usually, they spend an hour or so trying to fix me up. Like I said, rowdy. About half the group uses my method and the other half do their own thing. They all have one thing in common. They are accountable to themselves and the others in the group.

What makes the group work is the accountability piece. No one gets shamed, but, no one gets a pass either. If you start letting bad habits into your life, these women will talk it through and figure out the best way to reverse the back slide. I think of it like an AA meeting, except with alcohol....lol. I know, inappropriate. But what the hell, I'm tinman and I am nothing if inappropriate. (see my post about speedos and ziplines)

So, I would love to extend a personal invite to you to come check out the group the next time we meet. I also think it would be great if you wanted to bring Rick. I'll see to it that we meet somewhere down in your neck of the woods. They all love going to the Turtle Club so that may be just the ticket for you. You don't have to drink if you don't want to. In fact, if you don't want to, then I won't either. The bartenders there will be heartbroken as they love to make my personal favorite, The Roberita. The silver lining is that I won't have a 75.00 uber trip to pay for either.

Again, another story for another time.

For the rest of you who may be facing the same situation as Jessica, I'll tell you what I'm going to tell her. With the sleeve, everything, and I mean everything, must be done in moderation. I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, overeat...ever. For Jessie, it may be as simple as not over drinking. What's important is to make a plan, work the plan, own the results, and change as needed.

Here's the mantra that Jessica was speaking of earlier.

You are not on a diet.

Since you are not on a diet, you cannot be failing at a diet.

You will be sleeved for the rest of your life. So, this really is a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time to find a plan tailor made for you and work the hell out of it.

Carbs and fat are your friends, not the enemy.

You must eat as much protein as your little tiny baby tummy will let you. No less than 80 grams for folks over 3 months out and as much as you can for the newbies.

You must drink 64 oz of WATER a day. Mandatory, not elective. (I'm betting this is one of the reasons why Jess gained.) Not tea, coffee, coke, gatorade, protein shakes, beer, margaritas. WATER. H2O, AGUA. You can have all of that other stuff you want as long as you get in your 64 oz of water a day.

You must pay attention to the four pillars of weight loss using the sleeve. Nutrition, Hydration, Exercise, Supplements. Ignore any of those four and you will stall, stall often, and stay stalled for weeks and months at a time.

And finally, you must never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever overeat....ever.

Thus endeth the mantra.

Jess, you and anyone who wants to can email me with questions or advice. Look forward to hearing from you.....again.

wmd1@gmx.com
    Love this. I TOTES WISH i could come to the meeting. I like the sound of rowdy texas women!! :-)

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member jessiejess's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jessie
    Surgery date
    11/13/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Day 1 Back on Track - Accountability

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Ok...I said I wasn't going to post on here much, if any, in the future. But, Jessica's post made me make an exception. I've been coming on here to answer pm's and such and when I do, I take a look see at what's up.

See, Jess, Ann, a long lost poster named Truffles and Dawnrogers7 are my girls. All are, and always will be, rock star losers. Now, before you say, "I get it tinman, you singled out posters who used your method to lose." Nope. Truffles and Ann, in fact, did the exact opposite of my plan and were quite militant about it.

Both shit smacked the scales.

I got several emails last week from folks who bought the book and tried my suggestions in it. They took the time to email me back and tell me that my way most certainly did not work for them, but, it got them to try different things and each of them found what worked best for them and they gamed the hell out of it. (another central point in the book...find what works for you) I've never been more happy to be told I don't know what I'm talking about. That's what makes the sleeve such a powerful too. I call it the WMD of weight loss tools.

However, Jessie and Dawnie both did use my methods. So, as I've always said, there is more than one way to skin the sleeved cat. My way is my way, Truffles and Ann had their way, and Jess and Dawn used mine. What is common though is that all of us made a plan, stuck to it, made ourselves accountable for the results and changed up when it was needed.

So, let's talk about accountability. That is what is missing from Jessie's life. Jess, I want to invite you to come to one of my sleeve group meetings. You would fit in like shrimp in grits. The members of the group have changed dramatically from it's inception, but, the dynamic has not. We are a group of mostly rowdy as hell Texas women (that's a little repetitive as ALL Texas women are rowdy, and that's what I love about all of them) who love to get together and share stories and tips. We don't meet at houses or restaurants. We always meet at a bar where the setting is more informal and relaxed. We spend about an hour talking through problems and stalls, an hour or so gossiping, and usually, they spend an hour or so trying to fix me up. Like I said, rowdy. About half the group uses my method and the other half do their own thing. They all have one thing in common. They are accountable to themselves and the others in the group.

What makes the group work is the accountability piece. No one gets shamed, but, no one gets a pass either. If you start letting bad habits into your life, these women will talk it through and figure out the best way to reverse the back slide. I think of it like an AA meeting, except with alcohol....lol. I know, inappropriate. But what the hell, I'm tinman and I am nothing if inappropriate. (see my post about speedos and ziplines)

So, I would love to extend a personal invite to you to come check out the group the next time we meet. I also think it would be great if you wanted to bring Rick. I'll see to it that we meet somewhere down in your neck of the woods. They all love going to the Turtle Club so that may be just the ticket for you. You don't have to drink if you don't want to. In fact, if you don't want to, then I won't either. The bartenders there will be heartbroken as they love to make my personal favorite, The Roberita. The silver lining is that I won't have a 75.00 uber trip to pay for either.

Again, another story for another time.

For the rest of you who may be facing the same situation as Jessica, I'll tell you what I'm going to tell her. With the sleeve, everything, and I mean everything, must be done in moderation. I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, overeat...ever. For Jessie, it may be as simple as not over drinking. What's important is to make a plan, work the plan, own the results, and change as needed.

Here's the mantra that Jessica was speaking of earlier.

You are not on a diet.

Since you are not on a diet, you cannot be failing at a diet.

You will be sleeved for the rest of your life. So, this really is a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time to find a plan tailor made for you and work the hell out of it.

Carbs and fat are your friends, not the enemy.

You must eat as much protein as your little tiny baby tummy will let you. No less than 80 grams for folks over 3 months out and as much as you can for the newbies.

You must drink 64 oz of WATER a day. Mandatory, not elective. (I'm betting this is one of the reasons why Jess gained.) Not tea, coffee, coke, gatorade, protein shakes, beer, margaritas. WATER. H2O, AGUA. You can have all of that other stuff you want as long as you get in your 64 oz of water a day.

You must pay attention to the four pillars of weight loss using the sleeve. Nutrition, Hydration, Exercise, Supplements. Ignore any of those four and you will stall, stall often, and stay stalled for weeks and months at a time.

And finally, you must never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever overeat....ever.

Thus endeth the mantra.

Jess, you and anyone who wants to can email me with questions or advice. Look forward to hearing from you.....again.

wmd1@gmx.com
    I just saw this. That's how long it's been since I've been back on this board. I wish I'd seen it in October. I really want to read the book! I know I'll read about some familiar things in it. PM me the name of it.

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12