Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy Way Out!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Easy Way Out!

Quote Originally Posted by DHB View Post
    Sraebaer,
    Thanks so much for your uplifting posts. You are such an encouragement and echo so many of my feelings. I'm so grateful to have you sharing your experience here. Please hang in there with those of us about to take the big plunge!
    DHB
    Glad if I can help others, but It also helps me being here. It keeps me accountable and the sleeve on my mind. I've been here since September 2013!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    03-04-2018 05:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 34 Times
    Was Thanked 55 Times in 42 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Interesting posts! I would not consider my experience with the sleeve as easy or hard. I do look at it as a way out. For the it was THE way out. I could never have known that it would work for me. I did my due diligence and I certainly qualified with co morbidities which are now all gone except for slightly elevated cholesterol and a lowered BP pill. What a ride it has been. I have had not complications. I do have to work only head hunger. I have mad sit through numerous stalls and and still losing one year into it all. Slower now but still losing. I can exercise. That is easier now. I look at my surgery as providing me enough weightless to feel well enough to walk more. When I walk now and my legs don't rub together. I almost feel like I am flying or something. It is the oddest feeling. I also enjoy walking, That is never something I said prior to surgery as I huffed and puffed and dreading walking to the car to drive home from work. Those were the days I felt like it would be easier to stay at work instead of going to the car to drive home. I know that sounds extreme to some but that is how bad I felt. So i feel like the surgery was a way OUT! Not easy not hard just a way out. It worked for me. I found it all so far manageable. Not without challenges and some sadness and grief. My health is so much better. I feel better. I am so happy I made the choice. Good luck to all of you and keep having hope!

361 lbs-Highest weight at the start of the sleeve research
    350 lbs-Weight at 1st Surgeon Visit
    340 lbs-Weight at pre op 3days prior to surgery (having lost 10 lbs on pre op diet)
    324 lbs- Day 14
    312 lbs -Day 27
    304 lbs- Day 37
    299 lbs- Day 44
    293 lbs- Day 62
    286 lbs- Day 73
    280 lbs- Day 86
    273 lbs- Day 107
    261 lbs- Day 141
    251 lbs 6mo
    242 lbs 7mo
    235 lbs 10mo

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    Seriously? Isn't FINALLY finding a way to lose weight and keep it off exciting! You will be thrilled beyond your wildest dreams. (I know I thought I would be obese my entire life.)
    YES! I totally know its going to be the thing that cracks it :-)

7. Said thanks:

Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

VSG is the ONLY thing that has ever helped me solve my weight problem.

It really (excuse the expression) tipped the scales for me. I always worked HARD to solve my weight problem. Really hard! Never gave up. But this time, VSG + commitment + personal accountability + being open to learning new behaviors + therapy (hey, that was a new thing, too) = success, thus far.

Again, being normal weight and active and able to do anything I want to do feels like a miracle. A bloody miracle!

At nearly 72, I really do feel like I am "living happily ever after."

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

9. Said thanks:

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2 View Post
    VSG is the ONLY thing that has ever helped me solve my weight problem.

It really (excuse the expression) tipped the scales for me. I always worked HARD to solve my weight problem. Really hard! Never gave up. But this time, VSG + commitment + personal accountability + being open to learning new behaviors + therapy (hey, that was a new thing, too) = success, thus far.

Again, being normal weight and active and able to do anything I want to do feels like a miracle. A bloody miracle!

At nearly 72, I really do feel like I am "living happily ever after."
    Love this post Ann :-)

11. Said thanks:

12. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by DHB View Post
    I'm actually grateful for these two different perspectives. I'm nearly 64 and I, too, have spent more money than I can count on Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Phentermine, etc. When I went to my GP for my pre-op check up I asked him if he had any concerns and he said, "You've done your due diligence. You have tried everything else possible. Your best chance of having good health for the next 20 years is to get that weight off and this is the best way to do it."

I do appreciate that there will be some challenges. My surgery is 10 days before Thanksgiving and my family will all be home. I've place my order for a pre-made dinner(first time ever) and am prepared to miss some of that joy that comes around the hour+ long lunch. But I will be thankful to be starting my new life, one in which I don't hide behind family members in photos or miss events because I don't want others to see me. That takes a mental toll, too, and I'm tired of paying it.

So thanks for both the encouragement and the warning. I needed both as I head into this last stretch.

DHB
    It may be 2 different perspectives, but mine is from over 4 years experience living with the sleeve, and the other is from about a month and a half of being sleeved. So I do think I'm looking at the bigger picture.

14. Said thanks:

DHB