10/02/2017
    Last Activity
    05-17-2018 04:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Cool 2.5 weeks out

Hi,

2.5 weeks post. Starting to feel slightly normal again. Movement better, pain less, back at work and have started puree's. The surgery was most painful until about a week post. Never expected that much pain. Pain getting less. The biggest shocker for me was how difficult it is to swallow even liquids initially.Cant gulp when I'm thirsty. Always have to be mindful or how i'm drinking or eating. Can no longer be greedy. Still getting use to swallowing puree's. A tip to those starting soft foods. Go really slow and small bites. I learnt the hard way that you can have many many minutes of discomfort and possible wretching if you don't do this. A tiny meal (less than half a cup) takes me approximately 30 to 45mins to get down.

Improving everyday. Learning everyday. Naturally have my concerns, will I ever be able to eat at a normal pace again with normal texture foods. Just stuff that cross your mind when you having changes going on that you not use to.

7kgs down (15.4lbs????) Yay. Theres the motivation.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2.5 weeks out

Congratulations! I think it begins to get easier here, but I'm two weeks out to day. Starting puree tomorrow! I've got lots of great ideas off of Pinterest, and Amazon had a couple of Kindle cookbooks!. I did venture into a smooshie, obliterated hard boiled egg - not a happy journey, and I'll leave it at that.

I'm still tired a good bit, but I'm also 65 so hoping that subsides.

Let's keep on! Hooray!
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Blog Entries

You sound like youre doing great Daisy. Did the pain tablets help with your pain or was it more gas? How did you cope with it? Sorry i'm full of questions at the moment. I'm super happy for you, 7 kilos whoop x

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

It gets better and easier as you go. I love my sleeve and my sleeved life. I can eat a decent amount. I still eat slow but not that slow. If I eat meat and veggies I fill up pretty quickly. If I eat crap foods I can eat quite a bit more. Needless to say, I avoid the crap foods. Crap foods are nutrient void carbs like chips, breads, cookies, ice cream etc. But in a nutshell, you will have a normal life again. Minus the overeating. You can stretch your sleeve if you keep overeating but you would have to do that regularly and constantly. I do not intend to do that. I will not squander this new, healthy life I have. Glad you are hanging in there. Just remember...it will continue to get better and easier. And at the end of the journey you will have this incredible new healthy body! Remember your sleeve is amazing! Treat it right and it will treat you right!

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/02/2017
    Last Activity
    05-17-2018 04:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

AnnieG you are not alone with the tiredness (and I'm in my 30's). The reduced food and water intake does cause me alot of weakness.
    Stacey03 it was actual physical pain and pain meds did help. but when they wore off before the next dosage it was really painful. I really tried to rest alot in the 1st 2 weeks until I could feel the healing. My Dr also encouraged me to walk to expedite the healing so whenever I wasn't in too much pain during each day-after about 5 days post op- I'd take a few slow laps around my house(in the yard-approx 100m a lap). Each day I'd make sure I did 1 lap more than the previous. During the first 5 days I just mobilized in the house whenever I could.
    Thanks Christie13 I love hearing how things improve it lifts my spirits. This early in the game one does tend to have down moments because of lack of comfort foods lol. I can't wait to start seeing the long term changes!

8. Said thanks:

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents