Surgery date
    09/28/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bruce
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Unhappy Food ideas.

I need more ideas for full liquids but protein. I haven’t been able to stomach a lot. I tried veggie soup and gagged the whole time. It’s really getting depressing. In addition, all I think about is food but certainly comprehend I cannot have it.
    Mrs.Fontanez

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Food ideas.

I would go to GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe and buy one of any protein drink the looks good. You will probably like at least one of them, then buy more of that one.

You're 3 weeks out so can probably eat soft foods. Do you like low-fat greek yogurt? Soft-boiled eggs? Re-fried beans? Cottage cheese? If you can't tolerate food yet, just stick with the shakes. I liked the Isopure ones diluted with a lot of ice as their flavors were a bit odd. I could tolerate orange.

Good luck! You need to get your required protein in or you won't get your energy back. You can do it, just experiment with different drinks/foods.

Now's not the time to be depressed, now's the time to be excited to start your amazing new life! Knowing I was on my way to being healthy and normal-sized was fun, not depressing. Being fat was depressing.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

I am weird about textures, so smoothies are a challenge. I found I liked one with peeled, cored apple, banana, 1 scoop vanilla whey powder, 8 oz almond milk and some vanilla (stevia is you like sweet), and a couple of ice cubes. It takes me about 1/2 the day to get through it. I also like one with sugar free chocolate pudding, vanilla when powder, almond milk. For soup, split pea hides that unflavored whey protein pretty dadgum well. Hope you find something you like!

I still don't like them, but the protein is what helps us heal AND keeps our hair from falling out! Vanity is pretty strong!
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

You know what I like? Coffee! So I would make myself a nonfat latte with Fa!rlife milk (It is lactose free and has 13 g of protein per serving.) and Splenda. It was delicious. Gave me protein and nutrients and I could tolerate it. For a while the sweet of protein shakes made me gag. I also made creamed soups with the Fa!rlife milk instead of water. My favorites were the cream of chicken and mushroom, tomato, cream of potato, and cream of mushroom. Pretty much any beans mushed up. It will get easier. How long are you on liquids? I only had liquids for 2 weeks and then soft/pureed for 2 weeks and at 1 month post op could start solids.

Name
    Amanda
    Surgery date
    10/18/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Christopher Eagan
    Last Activity
    11-27-2020 12:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 178 Times in 142 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Just getting ready to go on purée tomorrow, but like you, I couldn't stomach much. I made protein pops and that helped a lot to get my protein in.
    Ziplock sells zip top plastic tubes for ice pops. I would mix Crush soda sugar free flavor powder packets with water and unflavored Unjury protein powder, fill up the tubes, and freeze!
    Root beer flavor with the vanilla powder tasted like a frozen root beer float AND you get your protein!

Also made sugar free chocolate fudge pudding with chocolate unjury powder.

Chicken noodle soup (noodles strained out), cheddar soup from Campbells with a pinch of finely shredded cheese, salt, and pepper, unflavored powder

Premier protein shakes

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents