Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Psychologist visit

Had my psyc visit today and it went so well. We talked about all of the things!! It's so good to have all this support before surgery, I came out all happy and smiley. Not long now, so excited :-)
    It's really great to just be open and share everything with your psychologist, thats what they are there for. They are not trying to trip you up or catch you out, make the most of it I say.
    It was so good and affirming I made another appointment for next week! I think it is such a great idea to set yourself up with all forms of support at this time.. I know some people on this board still see a psychologist 3 years later and good on them.
    Don't fear the psyc!!!!! :-)

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychologist visit

Yeah my psychologist was great and super friendly. He told me immediately after my visit that he did not see any issues with our visit. He still had to "grade" the written exam but said as long as it was consistent with our visit there would be no issues and if there was, I would be notified within a few days. I do not see a psychologist but am not against it at all. Some people definitely need additional support. I find being on this site enough for me. I have made a lot of changes over the past year and worked on making good choices. So far no issues, but if I found I was starting to lose grip I would definitely go to the psychologist.

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    Yeah my psychologist was great and super friendly. He told me immediately after my visit that he did not see any issues with our visit. He still had to "grade" the written exam but said as long as it was consistent with our visit there would be no issues and if there was, I would be notified within a few days. I do not see a psychologist but am not against it at all. Some people definitely need additional support. I find being on this site enough for me. I have made a lot of changes over the past year and worked on making good choices. So far no issues, but if I found I was starting to lose grip I would definitely go to the psychologist.
    Totally, its such a great form of support eh. I don't think I will need much after but I get a certain no of visits included in my plan so I intend to make the most of it. Hope Nashville was fun christie and you had a ball :-)

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Congrats Stacey on making such positive changes. You won’t regret it. I went to counseling for two years working on issues I had. I went before I knew about the sleeve. I definitely think it has helped me to have the kind of success I’m having with my Sleeve. Wish you all the best with your journey.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2 View Post
    Congrats Stacey on making such positive changes. You won’t regret it. I went to counseling for two years working on issues I had. I went before I knew about the sleeve. I definitely think it has helped me to have the kind of success I’m having with my Sleeve. Wish you all the best with your journey.
    That's so great Tamera, thank you I'm so looking forward to the future :-)

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents