I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. John Angstadt
    Last Activity
    10-19-2017 06:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Red face New girl here! Don't have surgery date yet but most likely January...

Hi everyone!
    I have two more weigh-ins and I still have to see a Cardiologist and complete my at-home sleep session. My surgery could have probably been scheduled for December but I figured one last Christmas and one last New Year's before I have to start the GS diet. Plus, I didn't want to ruin everyone's holiday season (including my own) by being in recovery. Really excited to have the surgery so I will most likely have an early-mid January surgery date.

Glad to have found a place where I can talk/discuss the journey ahead.

2. The following 23 users said welcome DaniDee to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New girl here! Don't have surgery date yet but most likely January...

Hi Dani, Im not too far from my surgery date now. Welcome! Everyone seems super nice and helpful here, i'm reading everything!!!

Surgery date
    11/29/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brian Gluck
    Last Activity
    03-19-2018 03:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 136 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 63 Times

Default Re: New girl here! Don't have surgery date yet but most likely January...

I understand about the holiday issue. My surgery date is Nov. 29 so I will be on my pre-op liguid diet on Thanksgiving. I also do all the cooking and it is at my house. That is really going to be rough.....I LOVE Turkey and dressing. Christmas won't be easy either because I make all the fudge, cookies, and goodies for the grandkids who live with me. This is really bad timing....but just the way it worked out. Oh well, I can do this. This WLS means a new beginning for me.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I would take the first surgery date they would give me, one day closer to being a regular sized, healthy person. Missing one holiday dinner won't hurt. I did my pre-op diet on a lake vacation with friends, watching them eat gourmet meals and drinking wine, while drinking my protein shakes and broth. But the fun of the lake and the company of my friends was why I was there. And now when I go to that same lake house, I can wear a bathing suit and look good!

My surgery was October 7th, so by Thanksgiving I could try a little bite of everything. The pre-op diet and food restrictions for the first 6 weeks after surgery are nothing compared to the rest of your life.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!

7. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by LKuhns View Post
    I understand about the holiday issue. My surgery date is Nov. 29 so I will be on my pre-op liguid diet on Thanksgiving. I also do all the cooking and it is at my house. That is really going to be rough.....I LOVE Turkey and dressing. Christmas won't be easy either because I make all the fudge, cookies, and goodies for the grandkids who live with me. This is really bad timing....but just the way it worked out. Oh well, I can do this. This WLS means a new beginning for me.
    Can't someone else take over this year? Another relative? Another house? If not, you can do it!!

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome and congrats!! I had my surgery in November last year so I went through all the holidays as a newly sleeved person. I have big family gatherings so I was able to fake my food intake. The only people who knew were my husband and kids, dad & sister (who don't live here), and a few close friends. My family that I spent the holidays with were none the wiser. I am glad I did not postpone my surgery. To me I could not get it done fast enough. Love my new life as a thin, healthy person.

Gastric Sleeve Member ghost_ryder's Avatar
    Name
    Greg
    Surgery date
    08/23/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Doyle
    Last Activity
    11-26-2018 07:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 186 Times
    Was Thanked 855 Times in 568 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 677 Times

What better Christmas gift could you give yourself and your family than your long life and good health. Don't delay for the holidays, you will not even notice

HW - 341 - June 1
    SW - 319 - 8/23 (-22)
    1mn - 286 - Sept 23 (-33) -total 55
    2mn - 274 - Oct 23 (-12) -total 67
    3mn - 263 - Nov 23 (-11) -total 78
    6mn - 238 - Feb 23(-25) - total 103
    9mn - 230 - May 23 (-8) - Total 111
    10mn - 226 - June 23 (-4) Total 115
    11mn - 226 - July 23 (0) Total 115