Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-28-2018 03:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default And so we start

Well went and did all the pre op was not bad. Got my passport and all paperwork lines up and ready to go only to find out my local post office could have did it more affordable. Bit never like to cut things short set up for the surgery on the 15 and was ready by the 27.next adventure the flight was not bad was greeted with 5 minutes by a man named Saul very very nice young man. So we r on our way to the boarder was pretty easy getting in not so sure how the getting ou will be. they pulled him in opened back doors and motioned for him to go on so we was back on our way seemed like a 30 minute ride in a rat race bit he was on his game. Get to the hotel and it was very nice was greeted at the door by a very pleasant bellboy who took me to my room and showed me the grounds. Spent the night here at the hotel nurse came in that night and told me to be in the lobby by 7 where I met 6 other there that was fixing to take their new journey as well. So off to the hospital we found of got worried after seeing the area and how some of the people live here a lot of us from the us would never put us in their spot but I can tell u everyone here has been friendly so about another 20 minutes it the rat race and we arrive at a very nice building it was green and health hospital go in it was super clean and the staff was very friendly we walked upstairs guess there is no elevators unlike us hospitals there was no one but staff when u walk in set in a very nice lobby where we would get called back to get our labs EKG weight and blood a pressure done after everyone was done we all meet with another dr who just reviewed everything and said it looked ok and u could have the surgery (ps if they find something abnormal they send you out for more extensive test to make sure u will be ok)the hospital did not have top of the line ekg machines and a few other things they did it just lile the us wouls have did it in the 80s i guess and the other place they take u if something comes back with the first EKG has all modern equipment so we all meet with the dr that is doing the surgery very pleasant gives us details about what to expect and dos and Donts I am the first to go to the pre op room with iv in tack we walk back down stairs and in to the surgical room stepping over about a foot high threshold and on to the bed. Gave me some gas and a injection to put me under in about 45 minutes I was done and back in my room

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: And so we start

How are you doing now Brandy? Hope you are recovering well!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-28-2018 03:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: And so we start

So I am 12 days out and down 9 lbs feeling very well just low on energy took the stitches out and everything looks great everything is healed on the out side put the strips over the site just to make sure nothing pulls
    I have been able to start incorporating soft foods with no issue